Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
what can I do with 10 q credits?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by nYL3v3

thank you so so much!
I have similar situation, with 2 separate tickets, IB from TNG- MAD then connecting from MAD-DOH-HND on QR. IB does not through check luggage on separate ticket as a policy, but I was wondering if I can get the QR agents at the transfer desk at MAD to help me get the luggages re-tagged all the way to HND? TIA
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
what can I do with 10 q credits?
Upgrade a short flight from Y to J, like SGN-PNH or HAN-BKK, but not any intra gulf flight as you need to upgrade from Y to F and it requires more than 10 Qcredits.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Baggage check thru

I am flying out from Montreal to JFK with AA and then taking QR 702 from JFK to Doha on separate tickets. Can I have my baggage check in all the way to Doha? Appreciate any response.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Dharsono Hartono
I am flying out from Montreal to JFK with AA and then taking QR 702 from JFK to Doha on separate tickets. Can I have my baggage check in all the way to Doha? Appreciate any response.
AA only checks through luggage if you are on one ticket.

Does Montreal have pre clearance for flights to the US? Otherwise you will have to do full immigration and pick up luggage for customs clearance in JFK anyway.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Immigration at DOH (Fast Track for OWE’s?)

Flying ORD-DOH-BKK in Y next month with about a 15 hour layover. I have a room at the Hilton through the +Qatar program so I will need to clear immigration. I remember the last time I flew through Doha I was in J so used the arrivals lounge immigration set-up. As a OWE will I have access to that or is there another “fast track” line I can use?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: QR, A3
Award availability?

Does QR only open up availability for award upgrades close to the flight date? I'm trying to upgrade a Y to J to Sydney on 13 December, but no availability is showing. I'm not sure if this is because i'm looking too early, or there's actually no availability this close to Xmas?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jackfine
Does QR only open up availability for award upgrades close to the flight date? I'm trying to upgrade a Y to J to Sydney on 13 December, but no availability is showing. I'm not sure if this is because i'm looking too early, or there's actually no availability this close to Xmas?
I'm afraid both reasons are good reasons. DOH-SYD is a very high demanded route so don't expect any upgrade availability. You might be more lucky with and airport upgrade but don't even expect it...
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Varies
I expect this is a silly question, or one that's been asked elsewhere. Would I be able to tell, by looking at my booking on Qatar's website, if my flight has QSuites or normal seats?

I've just received notification of the latest (minor) schedule change to my DOH-SIN-DOH flights next week, so I went online to check if there was an aircraft change - which there isn't. But I've read elsewhere that at least one of the A350-900's has been fitted with QSuites. Would I be able to see, on the seatmap, which type of seat has been fitted? Or would Expertflyer show it?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ttama
I expect this is a silly question, or one that's been asked elsewhere. Would I be able to tell, by looking at my booking on Qatar's website, if my flight has QSuites or normal seats?

I've just received notification of the latest (minor) schedule change to my DOH-SIN-DOH flights next week, so I went online to check if there was an aircraft change - which there isn't. But I've read elsewhere that at least one of the A350-900's has been fitted with QSuites. Would I be able to see, on the seatmap, which type of seat has been fitted? Or would Expertflyer show it?

Qsuites on a 359 looks like this (this is my QR8 next month), you should be able to see on QR's website too. They seem to mostly be deployed to LHR so far.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Qsuites on a 359 looks like this (this is my QR8 next month), you should be able to see on QR's website too. They seem to mostly be deployed to LHR so far.
Thanks that's very helpful.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:22 am

If pre-select dining is available on a flight, is it available to ALL business class passengers or just some? I haven't been given the option (other than the special meals) on any of my 4 flights between 3-7th May (OSL-SIN-OSL) and am wondering if it's reserved for higher status passengers?

Not a big deal, but I haven't flown Qatar before so am perhaps being a bit obsessive about getting the most from it.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by ttama
If pre-select dining is available on a flight, is it available to ALL business class passengers or just some? I haven't been given the option (other than the special meals) on any of my 4 flights between 3-7th May (OSL-SIN-OSL) and am wondering if it's reserved for higher status passengers?

Not a big deal, but I haven't flown Qatar before so am perhaps being a bit obsessive about getting the most from it.

preselect dining is only available on flights taking off from DOH. Navigate to the meals option in manage my booking and select each sector. For those ex-DOH it normally shows special meals first, but there should be a tab at the top of the meals dialogue box that says preselect. I think it should be available 14 days before departure
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:03 am

Thanks. I can see it now on my DOH-OSL sector. It's not available on the DOH-SIN sector, which is a few days earlier. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it appears before we fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.