Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by rhivolution
Sorry - one more question from me! It's my first time transiting through Doha. Will I also be able to access the lounge there? I feel like I heard Qatar limit lounge access to their own passengers only, but not sure about that. Thank you in advance.
Flying economy you won't be able to use Al Mourjan or Al Safwa, as a OWS you can acces the Oryx Lounge or the Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge (which is not as nice as Qatar's lounges for people travelling in Business or First
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:34 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Perfect. Thank you, Jasper.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by hotwingz
First of all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this, so please do correct me if there is a better place on the forum for this.

I am flying Singapore to Zurich on Sunday and would love to use my Qcredits to upgrade the flight to Business Class. As seems to be the norm lately, I wasn't able to secure the upgrade until now and have been told to try my luck again at the airport at check-in.
I'd love to know how you rate my chances of securing a business class seat on these flights. Currently expertflyer shows 14 empty + 4 blocked seats for the flight from Singapore to Doha and 11 empty + 4 blocked seats from Doha to Zurich. Has anyone of you tried to upgrade using Qmiles/Qcredits at the airport and not been successful?

Interestingly, I received an e-mail yesterday with the standard pay to upgrade offer (425EUR per flight). Is it safe to assume that they will usually open up all remaining seats for upgrades at the check-in.
Thanks!
To report back:
Upgrades using Qmiles/Qcredits are only possible at some airports as not all outstations have the authority to process upgrades. Apparently Singapore is one of the airports without authority. I was told that is since there is no ticketing office in Singapore. Cash Upgrades however where still available.
I was asked to call the hotline in Doha to process my upgrade using Qcredits. On the phone I was told that there are more than 9 open Business Class seats but not availability upgrading with Qmiles/Qcredits (only Cash).

Upgrading the second flight of my trip in Doha was no problem at all.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by hotwingz
On the phone I was told that there are more than 9 open Business Class seats but not availability upgrading with Qmiles/Qcredits (only Cash).
A similar thing is going on with award availability. Several North American routes have lots of space available (J9, for example) but no award space, even close in departure dates.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: Some
Just a quick note regarding QR availability to say someone has finally opened up some premium cabin availability on the routes I'm looking for in the last 24 hours or so, so worth another quick look if you've been unable to find availability out of places it's difficult to find it for like LHR. Hope someone else also benefits from this!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
This flight QR168, ARN-DOH (17.Dec.2018) seems to be quite full? Departure before christmas. Do you have some experience regarding award availability (QMiles upgrade to business) during last two weeks on December? I bought r/t trip ARN-AKL-PPT month ago and I would like to upgrade ARN-AKL / AKL-ARN . I know that I can request upgrade only 90day before flight not sooner. (6 seats already occupied in C)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:48 pm

First time flying Qatar and we are flying Doha - Ho Chi Minh City and the flight will be a A330-200 but when checking flightaware.com some of the flights are the B787-8. But as far as I can see Qatar only uses the A330-200 for this route when I try different options on Qatars website. Would be great if we can fly the 787 instead of the A330-200 as - from what I understand -it does not have the lie flat seats and since this will be a night flight we would prefer the lie flat. Is it just crossing your fingers and hope for the 787 or anybody flown this route and can give some insights?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Use that website to check what plane is operated (do not check too much in advance).
Check Availability | QR-Cargo

A330-300 is flying daily (seem the A330-200 are leased now to Air Italy)
B787 seem flying only Monday/Wednesday/Friday (at least until end of March)

All 330 are now lie flat, if I remember well.
_ann_ likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:57 pm

The 787 flight is an entirely separate rotation, so unless you booked a flex ticket or you have a IRROP, there's no way for you to change onto that.
_ann_ likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:33 am

If you remember correctly - yeah !
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm looking at Economy Flexi flights, LAX-SIN, but they're all coming up as H, regardless of day or time. How do I get a Y fare on QTR? At 28hrs of air time, I don't want to give 1/2 of the AA miles, for H vs Y
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jeffeverde
I'm looking at Economy Flexi flights, LAX-SIN, but they're all coming up as H, regardless of day or time. How do I get a Y fare on QTR? At 28hrs of air time, I don't want to give 1/2 of the AA miles, for H vs Y
If you want a particular booking class that QR website isn't offering to you (because there are cheaper booking classes available in that fare category) you have to call QR or a TA. But, unless you don't spend your own money for it, I'm not sure that the fare difference between H and Y booking classes worth the extra miles earned on AA...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Matt4

If you want a particular booking class that QR website isn't offering to you (because there are cheaper booking classes available in that fare category) you have to call QR or a TA. But, unless you don't spend your own money for it, I'm not sure that the fare difference between H and Y booking classes worth the extra miles earned on AA...
Charts show QTR's Y, H, and B as all being "Economy Flexi". But QTR's Y earns 100% EQM's on AA, while B and H only get 50%, along with QTR"s other "Economy Value" fares.

With Y, H and B all being Flexi fares, should I expect a significant price difference? It's a 25k mile flight, so the 50% EQM difference is not insignificant.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Expertflyer is showing that the published Y fares are in excess of DOUBLE the H class fares for LAX-SIN one way
True Y class fares are normally unbelievably expensive. A bit like the one way versus round trip fares of some airlines.

Just wandering
Fred
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Just out of interest, anyone on here booked on the new Cardiff to Doha service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.