Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:05 am

Ticket showed I got middle “H”

hi there,
why my e-ticket showed the middle name H , I haven’t have any middle name .
, my daughter name also showed H .
How can I remove H , I just fly next week , very worried about that.
please help me , thanks
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Qiuyue He
hi there,
why my e-ticket showed the middle name H , I haven’t have any middle name .
, my daughter name also showed H .
How can I remove H , I just fly next week , very worried about that.
please help me , thanks
Qiuyue, please do not worry about this, minor mis-spellings and minor errors in passenger names shown on airline tickets is a common problem and generally will not cause any issue.

Airline ticketing systems are based upon very old computer systems and cannot handle non-western names well, hyphens, apostrophes, etc. Provided that the name on the ticket can be reasonably matched to the name in your passport then minor errors and the odd extra character are a non issue I suggest you have nothing to worry about. If you search online you can see this is a common query.

If you are expecting to check in as HeQiuyue and your passport says HeXiaoYe then that is clearly a different name and you should expect problems. An extra H should not be an issue.

Don't worry, and enjoy your flight and journey.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Varies
Changi QR lounge

I'll be taking my first QR flight in May, OSL-DOH-SIN return in Business Class. I was reading some reviews of lounges on Business Traveller, today, and someone said the QR lounge at Singapore is one of their worst-rated lounges .

I'm booked on QR945, SIN-DOH, leaving at 02.25. To avoid booking extra time or an extra night at my hotel, I had thought of leaving my luggage at the hotel, spending the afternoon and early evening in the city, then heading to Changi to chill out and have a shower in the lounge before boarding.

But if the QR lounge isn't very good, is there another lounge I can use? I'm OW Sapphire, but all the other Changi OW lounges seem to be in different terminals. How feasible is it to use one of those?

Otherwise I can see there are other facilities at Changi that provide access to showers, that are nothing to do with QR or OW. Has anyone used those in preference to the QR lounge?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I started looking at this forum a few weeks ago and am trying to get up to speed on the things I need to know to make the most of my flight, and to consider flying QR more in future.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:37 am

I am a QRPC Platinum member for this membership year and have also re-qualified for the coming (next) membership year. However, I am not considering crediting my QR & oneworld flights from now on with another oneworld FFP.

My question is, suppose I do not earn any Qpoints in the next membership year, will I fall straight to Burgundy tier or will I only fall one tier at a time (ie, Platinum to Gold, then to Silver and subsequently Burgundy)?

Thank you in anticipation!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ttama
I'll be taking my first QR flight in May, OSL-DOH-SIN return in Business Class. I was reading some reviews of lounges on Business Traveller, today, and someone said the QR lounge at Singapore is one of their worst-rated lounges .

I'm booked on QR945, SIN-DOH, leaving at 02.25. To avoid booking extra time or an extra night at my hotel, I had thought of leaving my luggage at the hotel, spending the afternoon and early evening in the city, then heading to Changi to chill out and have a shower in the lounge before boarding.

But if the QR lounge isn't very good, is there another lounge I can use? I'm OW Sapphire, but all the other Changi OW lounges seem to be in different terminals. How feasible is it to use one of those?

Otherwise I can see there are other facilities at Changi that provide access to showers, that are nothing to do with QR or OW. Has anyone used those in preference to the QR lounge?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I started looking at this forum a few weeks ago and am trying to get up to speed on the things I need to know to make the most of my flight, and to consider flying QR more in future.

In my fairly extensive experience of Asian hotels, not one hasn't offered shower facilities or more often a changing room for guests who have a late evening departure.

So in your shoes I would arrange to freshen up at the hotel before heading to the airport, and enjoy the lounges without having to think about showers as well. Safe travels!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:35 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a ticket to Europe with Qatar. When filling in the details of my last name, I correctly capitalised it as 'McKe...'. But the website changed it to 'Mcke...' removing the capitalisation of the K. So it's correctly spelled, just the K isn't capitalised. I'm assuming this doesn't matter and won't present a problem at the airport? Am I right in thinking this? It's not my fault Qatar's website doesn't recognise the capitalisation.

Thank you for your time
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by ttama

Terminals 1, 2 and 3 (3 is where QR flies out from) are interconnected, so there should not be any difficulty getting from one to the other both airside and landside. You could use either the skytrain or get there by foot.

If I’m not mistaken, youre allowed to use the BA and QF lounges (located at Terminal 1) if they are open at that time. Both their last flights depart around, I think, 11pm, so I’m not too sure if they’d still be open if you’re only getting to the airport 2-3 hours before your flight.

I havent used the showers in Changi itself, but I’m sure they’d be acceptable, at the very least.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by avf.tan
I am a QRPC Platinum member for this membership year and have also re-qualified for the coming (next) membership year. However, I am not considering crediting my QR & oneworld flights from now on with another oneworld FFP.

My question is, suppose I do not earn any Qpoints in the next membership year, will I fall straight to Burgundy tier or will I only fall one tier at a time (ie, Platinum to Gold, then to Silver and subsequently Burgundy)?

Thank you in anticipation!
You’d only fall one tier at a time.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jsmck2
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a ticket to Europe with Qatar. When filling in the details of my last name, I correctly capitalised it as 'McKe...'. But the website changed it to 'Mcke...' removing the capitalisation of the K. So it's correctly spelled, just the K isn't capitalised. I'm assuming this doesn't matter and won't present a problem at the airport? Am I right in thinking this? It's not my fault Qatar's website doesn't recognise the capitalisation.

Thank you for your time
Don't worry. It won't be a problem. Even a missing or extra letter should not be a problem with any airline.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Matt4

Don't worry. It won't be a problem. Even a missing or extra letter should not be a problem with any airline.
That's great to hear. Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have requested an upgrade using q credits from J to F . The flight is in 6 weeks. How long before the flight do you get informed if you are successful?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:02 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
If I book OSL-DOH-DPS rtn (J) and one of us cannot fly due to ill health, would the other still be able to travel or would the booking be void? It isn't a companion fare.

I would just make two separate bookings but I'm concerned the price would jump after the first booking.

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by hairhooks

Terminals 1, 2 and 3 (3 is where QR flies out from) are interconnected, so there should not be any difficulty getting from one to the other both airside and landside. You could use either the skytrain or get there by foot.

If I’m not mistaken, youre allowed to use the BA and QF lounges (located at Terminal 1) if they are open at that time. Both their last flights depart around, I think, 11pm, so I’m not too sure if they’d still be open if you’re only getting to the airport 2-3 hours before your flight.

I havent used the showers in Changi itself, but I’m sure they’d be acceptable, at the very least.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
In my fairly extensive experience of Asian hotels, not one hasn't offered shower facilities or more often a changing room for guests who have a late evening departure.

So in your shoes I would arrange to freshen up at the hotel before heading to the airport, and enjoy the lounges without having to think about showers as well. Safe travels!
Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I have requested an upgrade using q credits from J to F . The flight is in 6 weeks. How long before the flight do you get informed if you are successful?
You should get an answer in less than a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.