Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: QF
If I book J HKG-LHR do I get access to seat selection?
What champagne is served & is it readily available?
Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by blutek
If I book J HKG-LHR do I get access to seat selection?
What champagne is served & is it readily available?
Thanks.
Yes, you can select your seats.

Champagne - choice of Lanson or Bollinger. Wine selection is quite good.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:43 pm

QR Partner Awards

My dad has some 200k Qmiles and flies QR in J with some frequency on longhaul routes. Now that QR is part of the OneWorld alliance, he is debating whether to keep crediting miles to QR or to start crediting his miles to AA. (He is based out of EWR/JFK.)

The main question I have is: are there any good values on the QR award chart? I did some spot-checking here: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...+partners.page and I seem to have found:

--JFK-LAX roundtrip 50k QR miles vs. 25k AA (in economy)
--JFK-DOH/BOM/BLR/DEL roundtrip 150k QR miles vs. 135k AA (in business)

Like Avios, QR's award chart seems to be good for short haul where AA might charge a "flat" rate whereas they have a distance based chart.

But for longhauls it seems like AA would be the better choice.

Advice/thoughts?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone know the SSID (name) for the wireless network in the DOH Premium Terminal? Grandma's traveling alone with a Surface, wanted to set it up to autoconnect.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by Rus925
Anyone know the SSID (name) for the wireless network in the DOH Premium Terminal? Grandma's traveling alone with a Surface, wanted to set it up to autoconnect.
can't recall it but will be traveling through tomorrow, I could post back.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Rus925
I think it was simply "WEB", hope peterdudas can confirm...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by zehbra
I think it was simply "WEB", hope peterdudas can confirm...
At least I can confirm.... use it a couple of times a week. "WEB" and it is open.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta
[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free.

I am flying QR in January on an O or N fare class...would it be better to credit it to QR rather than AA and only get 4500 miles as opposed to 17,000?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
At least I can confirm.... use it a couple of times a week. "WEB" and it is open.
Roger
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: QANTAS Frequent Flyer
QR Points Transfer

Originally Posted by eightblack
Hi there

We'd like to introduce the concept of the "Newbie Lounge" to the QR forum. We've used it successfully in other forums. So if you are new to FT or new to flying Qatar, and have a question, please post this here.

Regards

eightblack and Zol
Moderators - QR Forum
Hi,

I am considering flying QR for the first time as there are good Business Restricted tickets currently available to my destination in Europe from Australia.

If I purchase a pair of them now before QR joins OneWorld on October 31st, will we still be able to transfer the points earned (when we actually fly next year) to our Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts.

Also what basis are points awarded for business restricted?

Regards,

Wrekker Platinum
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by wrekker platinum
Hi,

I am considering flying QR for the first time as there are good Business Restricted tickets currently available to my destination in Europe from Australia.

If I purchase a pair of them now before QR joins OneWorld on October 31st, will we still be able to transfer the points earned (when we actually fly next year) to our Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts.

Also what basis are points awarded for business restricted?

Regards,

Wrekker Platinum
You can credit the miles to your Qantas FF if your flight date is October 31 onwards (since your flight is next year, you can definitely credit to Qantas, just give your FF number during check-in). Enjoy your flights - QR J is outstanding! ^
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by clscholes
I am flying QR in January on an O or N fare class...would it be better to credit it to QR rather than AA and only get 4500 miles as opposed to 17,000?
IMHO, just credit it to AA. Gets you more miles, plus, the AA redemption rate is a lot better than QR.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: A3,BA
Hello experts

I have arranged a long stopover (7h) so I can hop-off to doha for a peek at souq waqif.
Arriving Friday 17:55 (A class) , departing 01:25 (J class).

I hope to:
a) arrive at premium terminal, have a shower, eat something
b) leave hand luggage somewhere
  • PT does not have lockers, right ? My only solution is to pay Oryx ?
  • If I pay Oryx to leave luggage, can I leave immediately and then re-enter when I get back?
c) go to Doha
  • I can get visa on arrival but I must transfer first to Arrivals teminal. How?
  • Is it possible to get the visa and leave directly from PT ?
d) return at PT @ 23:00

Side question:
Is the time frame OK for souq waqif (19:00-22:00) ?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by jousis
b) leave hand luggage somewhere PT does not have lockers, right ?
I believe there's a cloak room with lockers and the J side, just before the family room. I'm not sure though if they are lockable.

Also not sure of your terminal transfer plans but hopefully others will be able to answer!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jousis
I can get visa on arrival but I must transfer first to Arrivals teminal. How?

Is it possible to get the visa and leave directly from PT ?
Normally you just explain the situation wrt your long transit at the the PT reception desk (set back from at top of the escalators) & ask to transfer to the arrivals terminal. Not guaranteed but they usually try to help. Or, if you don't mind keeping your bags with you, just keep your burgundy wallet hidden & get off the bus at the Arrivals terminal. Many pax with long transits visit Doha, really shouldn't be a problem.

All arrivals have to process via the Arrivals terminal. In arrivals you line up, present your passport, pay the fee & in you go. When you go back to airport it's straight to the PT &, as you'll already have your boarding card, through passport control into the PT main area.

Visit time for the souk look OK to me, should be enjoyable. Others might be able to give better advice depending on the weekday of your intended visit. Just be aware that taxis can sometimes be in short supply, especially in areas of the city away from hotels, so make sure you don't get stranded!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.