Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
So, OW Sapphire with flight in Y, it's Oryx only?
NO! At the present it will be Al Mourjan.
When the First Class and Bisiness Class lounges are open then you would use Business Class lounge as OWS.

You should look at the "QR Lounges at HIA" thread to find out the current state of lounge admission buried within much conjecture.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
I read on the other thread that those first and business class lounge for OW elites will open in April 2015? Are they actually confirmed or still just rumours? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:26 am

l380 it was stated by ABB in Berlin that the Al Safra lounge would open in April 2015.

Maybe you are confusing AL Safra and Al Mourjan lounges, which are intended for Premium OW passengers only with First Class and Business Class lounges which are separate lounges and intended for OWE and OWS passengers.

If you read post 846 in the "QR Lounges at HIA" you will see that the opening dates for the lounges you are talking about are still unknown. Please note that several times I refer to some lounges are QR only. This is incorrect they are OW only.

Last edited by remdk; Mar 23, 2015 at 7:29 am Reason: Typo in post number
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
777-300 DOH-PER business class seating

777-300 DOH-PER business class seating (2-2-2): can I go out from a windows seat if the pax next to me is sleeping?

Thank you!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ben63
777-300 DOH-PER business class seating (2-2-2): can I go out from a windows seat if the pax next to me is sleeping?

Thank you!
When the seat is fully flat there's a small space between the end of the seat/footrest & the seat in front. You should hopefully be able to squeeze through unless the seat occupant's feet have moved into that space.

My wife assures me that's what she does when I'm asleep!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by impeymac
When the seat is fully flat there's a small space between the end of the seat/footrest & the seat in front. You should hopefully be able to squeeze through unless the seat occupant's feet have moved into that space.

My wife assures me that's what she does when I'm asleep!
thank you! finally booked a middle row seat.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: LH HON
Which lounge can I use as a OW sapphire traveling on a QR Y ticket in Doha?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by ckx2
Which lounge can I use as a OW sapphire traveling on a QR Y ticket in Doha?
At the moment the rather nice Al-Mourjan lounge. Subject to change when new lounges open, so depending on your date of travel it might have changed.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Does QR offer good value fares to upgrade from J to F, either in advance or at the airport, as BA sometimes does?

I have four sectors and would like to try F once if the cost differential was 'reasonable'.

Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: qr silver
I am flying in the a380 this week (first time ) as a silver member , im sitting on upper deck y section . under what seat is the tv box suiturated,
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Does QR offer good value fares to upgrade from J to F, either in advance or at the airport, as BA sometimes does?

I have four sectors and would like to try F once if the cost differential was 'reasonable'.

Thank you.
You might get an email with a price a couple of days before your flight (last I had was approx GBP 450 to upgrade LHR-DOH one-way). More difficult at the airport I understand - no special prices offered and they'll just quote the fare difference. Easier if you are a QR PC member to upgrade using qcredits or qmiles at the airport.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by easyguy1
I am flying in the a380 this week (first time ) as a silver member , im sitting on upper deck y section . under what seat is the tv box suiturated,
Not 100% sure - but on the A380 they are small and upright, and so don't massively impact on foot space. There is one under the G aisle seats (can't remember which others) but like I said not really an issue on the A380.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks purple1addict.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks purple1addict.
Oops - just realised I was wrong (that's how much of a non-issue they are ). They're actually under the A, E and K seats - but honestly barely there at all!!

Although the row immediately behind the front row seems to have one under every seat - I guess the stowable PTVs need one each if they're not in the seatback maybe?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Never been on QR so maybe you all can help me out. I'm a BA Silver flying CPH to BKK in J. On the way there it's pretty straightforward, but on the way back I have a long layover. The flight gets in @ 11 pm and leaves the next day @ 2 pm for CPH. Question I have is... 1) What is a good place to crash overnight there? I seem to remember there was a hotel owned by QR or something attached to the airport. Is that a good option? 2) I'm guessing as I am a OWS and in J I'll have access to all the lounges minus the F ones correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.