Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:18 am

From what I read, business class is marketed as "first" on CAI and AMM routes.
If ones books a F award ticket on these routes, they would allow entry to the Al Safwa lounge, right?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by JacobNL
From what I read, business class is marketed as "first" on CAI and AMM routes.
If ones books a F award ticket on these routes, they would allow entry to the Al Safwa lounge, right?
Correct.
JacobNL likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: One World, Star Alliance, Virgin Flying Club
What is a good level of compensation to seek for broken aircon in a Crowne Plaza room. (2 nights, complained but it never got fixed)?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you are talking about the quite generous BA two bag carry on allowance, that does likely not carry through to QR. Particularly if you fly QR then BA back on the reverse routing you will be on QR allowance there.

​​​​​​
Just to feedback, three of us travelling, two with a wheelie plus bag and third pax with a third handbag plus wheelie plus bag…. No issue or checks at anytime with the excessive hand baggage
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Just to feedback, three of us travelling, two with a wheelie plus bag and third pax with a third handbag plus wheelie plus bag…. No issue or checks at anytime with the excessive hand baggage
BA has a 2*23 kg carry on allowance, the weight might be the issue in comparison with QR as they are far from as generous with the weight. Though I have never seen baggage weighed on QR.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:29 am

Extending expiring points by transfer/gift?

Hello all, thanks in advance for guidance and apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I failed to find it in my search

I have some Q Points/Avios expiring shortly and don't foresee any qualifying activity in the meantime to extend for another three years

I read on AwardWallet that transferring/gifting points (starting from 1,000) to another member counts as a qualifying activity to extend the rest of the points for another 36 months, but I can't find any confirmation of this on the Qatar site

Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, it seems the simplest and perhaps only approach in my circs

Thanks all. Best
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:02 pm

Avios jfk to male

Hi-
I want to book 3 qsuites tickets JFK to MALE next year. I am having a hard time even searching to find out how many miles I need. I have a few different cards with miles to transfer and time to earn more. Any tips on how I can search what I need to get this done?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by rachelcp
Hi-
I want to book 3 qsuites tickets JFK to MALE next year. I am having a hard time even searching to find out how many miles I need. I have a few different cards with miles to transfer and time to earn more. Any tips on how I can search what I need to get this done?
Avios required can be looked up here:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/P...alculator.html

(I'm on the UK site but the calculator should remain the same)

Availability may be an issue.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:07 pm

Hey everyone, how can I find out if Qatar effectively axed a route? I had an award booking (with AA miles) from the US to DOH to LXR, and I got an email telling me the flight was changed and I can't be reaccommodated.

After digging a bit, it looks like QR1321 (DOH to LXR) no longer exists for that day, and by checking Google Flights I actually can't see anything past September 6th. Not sure where to see if this is permanent, or if they are just doing some adjustments. Definitely a tricky situation since this was the only non stop option from DOH and LXR.
Called both QR and AA and everyone has been completely useless.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Klems
Hey everyone, how can I find out if Qatar effectively axed a route? I had an award booking (with AA miles) from the US to DOH to LXR, and I got an email telling me the flight was changed and I can't be reaccommodated.

After digging a bit, it looks like QR1321 (DOH to LXR) no longer exists for that day, and by checking Google Flights I actually can't see anything past September 6th. Not sure where to see if this is permanent, or if they are just doing some adjustments. Definitely a tricky situation since this was the only non stop option from DOH and LXR.
Called both QR and AA and everyone has been completely useless.
What did QR say? The route is not available for booking, so it seems to indicate that it has been axed.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:51 pm

What did QR say? The route is not available for booking, so it seems to indicate that it has been axed.
Thank you! QR is being QR and they are telling me to check with AA, and when I insisted they told me to check on their flight status page (which only allows you to pick a date until early September). It's like talking to a wall. I had to HUCA a few times with AA until I got someone who seemed competent, and they are trying to see if they can keep at least my first leg from the US to DOH since it's in QSuites and there's no more award availability on my dates. They told me it's "queued up" with Qatar, so I'm hoping Qatar will reinstate that leg at least. Do they normally grant that kind of requests?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
..... if Qatar effectively axed a route?
looks like that flight has become seasonal.
Klems likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by Tofino87
I don’t think this is back yet. Just to confirm - these are revenue flights, not points?
Points.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you! QR is being QR and they are telling me to check with AA, and when I insisted they told me to check on their flight status page (which only allows you to pick a date until early September). It's like talking to a wall. I had to HUCA a few times with AA until I got someone who seemed competent, and they are trying to see if they can keep at least my first leg from the US to DOH since it's in QSuites and there's no more award availability on my dates. They told me it's "queued up" with Qatar, so I'm hoping Qatar will reinstate that leg at least. Do they normally grant that kind of requests?
If it about who has to fix the booking, QR is right AA has to deal with it as they issued the ticket. If it is about the schedule, QR should be able to check that pretty quickly on the system the status and the frequency going forward.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:16 am

If it about who has to fix the booking, QR is right AA has to deal with it as they issued the ticket. If it is about the schedule, QR should be able to check that pretty quickly on the system the status and the frequency going forward.
Yeah absolutely. I wasn't asking QR to manage the changes, I know that is in AA's hands. But they flat out refused to tell me if the LXR flight was effectively axed, made seasonal or whatever. It overall reflects my experience with QR customer service so not surprised, but damn.

Thank you all for your help and insights, truly appreciate it!

I do have a follow up newbie question: I managed to have this rebooked getting to CAI instead of LXR, but the DOH to CAI 2nd and final segment is in economy instead of business. Knowing it's booked with AA miles, does QR offer cash upgrades at check in or at the airport for that type of tickets? My understanding is that they don't but this is a pretty niche situation (2nd leg of a business award ticket booked with AA) so thought I'd check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.