Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by tuchop
I assume as much, but is anyone else having the same issue? Am I doing anything wrong?
probably not doing anything wrong.

I once was trying a multicity trip KWI-DOH-BRU-DOH-BKK-DOH-KWI, only staying in Brussels and Bangkok. I was told by QR that the error was because of the multiple pass thru at Doha. IT issue.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Al Mourjan Lounge Access when traveling on Award Ticket?

I will be traveling from CPT-DOH-IAD in 2 weeks in J class booked using AA miles. I called QR today to get seats assigned, the reservation agent who changed the seats said that traveling on an award ticket I was not eligible to access the Al Mourjan lounge, but if the Oryx lounge was not at capacity it would be possible to pay $40 to enter. I was quite surprised as I've always had access to the same lounges as a paid ticket whenever I've booked an award ticket. Does anyone know whether this is true or not?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: QF
deleted - decision now made

Last edited by blutek; Feb 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by dcuaflyer
I will be traveling from CPT-DOH-IAD in 2 weeks in J class booked using AA miles. I called QR today to get seats assigned, the reservation agent who changed the seats said that traveling on an award ticket I was not eligible to access the Al Mourjan lounge, but if the Oryx lounge was not at capacity it would be possible to pay $40 to enter. I was quite surprised as I've always had access to the same lounges as a paid ticket whenever I've booked an award ticket. Does anyone know whether this is true or not?
I assume you are flying DOH-IAD on QR metal? In that case you definitely get lounge access... They don't see that on the ticket anyway, as long as you have status and are in Y or J, they'll let you in I'd say (flew DOH-ZRH on Y-award with OW saph, Al-Mourjan was no problem)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
zehbra is correct, assuming you are flying QR then lounge access is dependant on the class flown or status, not how you paid.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by zehbra
I assume you are flying DOH-IAD on QR metal? In that case you definitely get lounge access... They don't see that on the ticket anyway, as long as you have status and are in Y or J, they'll let you in I'd say (flew DOH-ZRH on Y-award with OW saph, Al-Mourjan was no problem)
Yes, I'm flying both legs on QR Metal in J. I don't have any OW status though.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, I'm flying both legs on QR Metal in J. I don't have any OW status though.
You will be admitted to the Al Mourjan then which is actually the J lounge. Status holders who fly in Y should be directed to the Oryx lounges when they open.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:36 am

Hi, my first flight on QR next weekend! I'm doing LHR-DOH-MEL in Y. A long way to go and QR gave a great price that beat EK and SQ by miles!

Does anyone know if they give out amenity kits in Y on the longer haul flights? Specifically toothpaste and toothbrushes.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by italicbus
Does anyone know if they give out amenity kits in Y on the longer haul flights? Specifically toothpaste and toothbrushes.
Hey, yes, they usually give little kits with eyeshades and socks, toothbrushes and toothpaste on night flights, so i guess DOH-MEL should have one.. haven't been on that flight though. Anyway, have a great fly!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:08 pm

I am travelling J class on Qatar from Saint Louis to Hyderabad, India. My ticket states that I can check in 3 bags upto 32KG ( 70 Pounds) for free, but the website states that I can only check in 2 bags upto 32 KG ( 70 pounds). Can anyone clarify what is the correct baggage allowance?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by abhic2007
I am travelling J class on Qatar from Saint Louis to Hyderabad, India. My ticket states that I can check in 3 bags upto 32KG ( 70 Pounds) for free, but the website states that I can only check in 2 bags upto 32 KG ( 70 pounds). Can anyone clarify what is the correct baggage allowance?
I'm also traveling with QR in J clas to Hong Kong.. I contacted my local QR office and they indeed verify what their website states..

Actually, I just reread their website about baggage here .. http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/baggage.page
Its also states that..."Baggage allowances may vary according to route and cabin class. Please check the exact baggage regulations printed on your ticket."

So I would assume that if your ticket states that, then you should go by that.. Again confusing. Have you called them ?

Last edited by Flyiboy; Mar 5, 2015 at 7:07 am Reason: Forgot to add more information
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
I'm also traveling with QR in J clas to Hong Kong.. I contacted my local QR office and they indeed verify what their website states..

Actually, I just reread their website about baggage here .. http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/baggage.page
Its also states that..."Baggage allowances may vary according to route and cabin class. Please check the exact baggage regulations printed on your ticket."

So I would assume that if your ticket states that, then you should go by that.. Again confusing. Have you called them ?
I did call them and they told me that the info on the website was the most up to date and I would get only 2 bags!! I was just wondering if anyone had a different experience!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Hello,

I am planning to book a return trip in J from Stockholm to HKG just before the sale ends.

Do anyone know if they provide flat beds all the way? I cant imagine myself sleeping on an angled flat bed, which is not flat at all.

cysyuen
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:43 pm

I have booked flights 2 SIN-DOH-LHR on separate bookings due to the different return dates. For one of the bookings, I linked it to the privilege club member, but it is not the name of the member, hence I chose the option - other passenger. After completing the booking, it seems that it had not asked for the passport number. For the other booking, because it's the member of the privilege club, passport number was automatically entered.

I would like to ask if there will be any implications to the ticket without the passport number? Or is there anyway to enter the passport number? Couldn't call the office due to the weekends. Tickets were booked during promotion period. Thank you.

Last edited by Jxxelst; Mar 6, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Hello,

I am planning to book a return trip in J from Stockholm to HKG just before the sale ends.

Do anyone know if they provide flat beds all the way? I cant imagine myself sleeping on an angled flat bed, which is not flat at all.

cysyuen
I too am going to HKG from ARN via DOH.. I've done some research and it should be fully flat on the 787. Are U connecting on another QR flight or the CX flight ? Do U speak Swedish ?

Flyiboy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.