Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I have an upcoming AA Award trip on QR. On my phone, the QR app keeps pinging me with a blank notification. I mean I am getting a QR app notification alert every day and when I pull up the notification on my phone, there is a notification but the content is empty.

I have cleared the notifications and I get another the next day. I have looked at the booking on both the QR app as well as the QR website using my laptop. No errors or messages when I view/manage the booking either way. If I pull up the award booking on the AA website, I see a flight change notification. But it does not look like my flights have changes and my seat selections are what I chose shortly after I booked the flight.

I think I am OK but just wanted to check and see if there could be an underlying issues that II am not seeing.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:04 pm

Has anyone encountered the "Need form of payment" error after paying for a flight with Avios/Cash?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:45 am

Canada and USA in same Qatar 'Region'

We have January 23 Booking ex Boston to Africa---4 Segments Booked q Suites-----now see initial Flight ex Boston not Q Suites acc Manage My Booking----so am trying to rebook 1st Segment within 500miles 'limit' ----ideally Montreal which seems more reliable Q Seat availability---Phone Centre states Canada/USA different Region? so they cannot switch----------------------is 500 Mile Limit still in force?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by dbarton
We have January 23 Booking ex Boston to Africa---4 Segments Booked q Suites-----now see initial Flight ex Boston not Q Suites acc Manage My Booking----so am trying to rebook 1st Segment within 500miles 'limit' ----ideally Montreal which seems more reliable Q Seat availability---Phone Centre states Canada/USA different Region? so they cannot switch----------------------is 500 Mile Limit still in force?
The current policy for Qsuite -> Non Qsuite only allows a date change, with the rerouting option removed. You might get a nice agent who'll waive the change.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: *Gold
Are QR still not booking any stopover hotels, even for F and C? The website seems to say so I have a 20-hour stopover CDG-DOH-SYD coming up in F.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Are QR still not booking any stopover hotels, even for F and C? The website seems to say so I have a 20-hour stopover CDG-DOH-SYD coming up in F.
I don’t think this is back yet. Just to confirm - these are revenue flights, not points?
unityofsaints likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Originally Posted by Tofino87
I don’t think this is back yet. Just to confirm - these are revenue flights, not points?
There seems to be a shorter connection, 16:50 to 20:30 which would rule out the stopover hotel. Unless QR42 does not operate that day.
unityofsaints and Tofino87 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:09 am

BLR lounge for QR J pax?

Due to fly BLR-DOH in a few days time. Last time I left from here I was travelling BLR-LHR on BA and got access to the very new (and very nice) 080 Lounge.

Is this the same for QR J pax or will I find myself in another lounge?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Do QR not print BPs for codeshares? At DUB my partner only received a BP for DUB-DOH as the next leg to KUL had been changed to their Code Share with MH?
I'm on this route later this week but different flights and so still with QR until I arrive in KUL when the last leg is MH. If I only get the first 2 boarding passes what will I do in KUL? Before passport control will I be able to get my BP for the last leg? Will they ask to see it?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Do QR not print BPs for codeshares? At DUB my partner only received a BP for DUB-DOH as the next leg to KUL had been changed to their Code Share with MH?
I'm on this route later this week but different flights and so still with QR until I arrive in KUL when the last leg is MH. If I only get the first 2 boarding passes what will I do in KUL? Before passport control will I be able to get my BP for the last leg? Will they ask to see it?
There's an airside transfer desk for MH at KUL where you can get it.
Stormbel likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Moving up Privilege CLub?

How does one move up the Privilege Club? Is there a hard reset to zero after you reach each level? Or you can simply rack up Qpoints all the way to Platinum in a few months?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: Qantas Gold Member
Reinstate qatar airlines ticket organised through qantas classic rewards

I booked flights for travel from Melbourne - Adelaide - Doha - Dublin. This was all booked through Qantas Australia but the latter 2 legs were to be operated by Qatar airways. I have discovered, just 1 week out from my travel dates, that Qatar have cancelled my classic rewards flights and will not reinstate my tickets leaving me very much stranded. Having spent a lot of time on the phone with Qantas, its become apparent that the flights were cancelled on 12/05/2022, but Qantas provided no notification of this to me.

I'm not going to explain why this trip is so important on a forum but if anyone could help me get the flight tickets reinstated with qatar airlines and allow me to get home I'd be so grateful!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pete121
I booked flights for travel from Melbourne - Adelaide - Doha - Dublin. This was all booked through Qantas Australia but the latter 2 legs were to be operated by Qatar airways. I have discovered, just 1 week out from my travel dates, that Qatar have cancelled my classic rewards flights and will not reinstate my tickets leaving me very much stranded. Having spent a lot of time on the phone with Qantas, its become apparent that the flights were cancelled on 12/05/2022, but Qantas provided no notification of this to me.

I'm not going to explain why this trip is so important on a forum but if anyone could help me get the flight tickets reinstated with qatar airlines and allow me to get home I'd be so grateful!
Where the flights cancelled, ie. not operating any longer? Or just your ticket that was cancelled. If the latter can you get any reason why?

This is sometimes challenging to handle, but as Qantas issued the ticket they should have been the ones to communicate and they should be your main point of contact.

(the question was also posted in the QF forum, which may be the more appropriate forum)
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Qantas Gold Member
Qantas informed me that Qatar cancelled my tickets but the flights are still operating. This seems to be something to do with the fact that I booked classic reward seats rather than a standard commercial ticket.

I fully agree, i booked with qantas and have paid them the money so I view them as responsible for sorting this mess out. They have said that there are no classic reward flights available and thats why they can't reissue or offer alternatives. The alternative, to me, is clear, they need to book a standard commercial flight if there are no classic rewards available. Does that seem reasonable?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Ticket in Biz, but seated in F?

I have an upcoming flight that got swapped to an A380 (i.e. with First class). Prior to the swap I had selected a seat that would now be located in the First cabin. On MMB my seat is still confirmed.

I get that I won’t get to sit there as I have a Business class ticket, but at what point will that actually be checked and rectified?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.