Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:08 am
vji

Hi,

Not sure if this has been answered before-

I see on a QR award that there is a Booking Fee (non-refundable) that is charged - the amount varies but is usually between 100-200EUR. Is this truly non-refundable? If I want to cancel my award ticket can I get this fee back?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Turnpike
I just checked in online and downloaded and printed boarding passes. But there isn't any information printed on the boarding passes about lounge access? IIRC it use to be? Booking class I. ARN-DOH-BKK. Should I be worried?
Originally Posted by realgaga
I never had anything about lounge access on my BPs?
When printed directly by QR, or printed from QR's online check in, I have never seen lounge info. But when printed by an airline that does put this information on the boarding passes, yes I have seen it. E.g. JAL. But QR promptly replaces those boarding passes first time you get in to contact with a QR agent.
Turnpike likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Oh no what's with these trash new lounges.

Can Qatar Platinum in economy no longer use Al Mourjan?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by vji
Hi,

Not sure if this has been answered before-

I see on a QR award that there is a Booking Fee (non-refundable) that is charged - the amount varies but is usually between 100-200EUR. Is this truly non-refundable? If I want to cancel my award ticket can I get this fee back?
it is non refundable. Final.

I got stung by this TWICE earlier this year. Madness.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When printed directly by QR, or printed from QR's online check in, I have never seen lounge info. But when printed by an airline that does put this information on the boarding passes, yes I have seen it. E.g. JAL. But QR promptly replaces those boarding passes first time you get in to contact with a QR agent.
I had it printed on a CDG-DOH boarding pass, but I think that was purely because their own lounge is currently closed, and they put an asterisk next to it at the bottom of the pass.

Something must have changed at CDG in the last few weeks, because it’s no longer the pop up lounge - you instead get access to AA Admiral Club. Which was still pretty basic tbh.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Oh no what's with these trash new lounges.

Can Qatar Platinum in economy no longer use Al Mourjan?
No, they have to use the new Platinum lounge. It should offer a la carte dining as well according to the press release, looking forward to the first reports.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

Qsuite route question

I've noticed since July 5 the DOH-PHL route has not been flown with a Qsuite product aircraft.

I've got a flight back from TBS later in the year and, though presently scheduled for the Qsuites, I'm wondering if route is moving to the 77I/77N aircraft.

Thanks for your insight.

Edit: checking EF it looks, for most days, through late October it is a non-Qsuite flight.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Jul 9, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Recent changes to QPoint earnings on American Airlines

I recently calculated the QPoints that I would earn on a flight with American Airlines in Premium Economy. I am flying from Zurich via London to Boston.
I have done this trip before and I have flown with American via London to JFK, Philadelphia, Chicago and Miami.
You normally earned 8 QPoints, if the flight was booked with an AA flight number from ZRH to LHR. This was in K class, the feeder booking class to London.
From London to any of the aforementioned cities you earned 25 QPoints. Again, with an AA flight number and fare class usually was P.
If the flight had a BA flight number the earnings were slightly less. It was 7 QPoints for the feeder (K) and the same 25 points across the Atlantic (fareclass E,T if IIRC).

When I checked recently the QPoints seem to have increased for AA flight number flights.
Now an East Coast city flight earns 30 QPoints and the feeder to/from London earns 10 QPoints.
I was a bit surprised and double-checked Dallas, Phoenix and LA, which used to be 30 QPoints in Premium Economy, these cities earn 35 QPoints now.

I have not seen any announcement on this or I missed it. Was this change part of the Avios implementation?

The only thing which “worries” me a bit is my return flight from Boston to London which is in bookings class W. On the QCalculator page of the Qatar Airways homepage it says this booking class earns on/before 18 November 2020 points/avios.

On the Partner page under Earn Avios and QPoints it says W earns 100%. This is conflicting.

Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: free agent
i have to cancel my award booking, if I cancel it online. I would trust Qatar to refund points & fee correctly? If yes, how long it usually take for points refund? Also any cancellation fee? It seems nothing when I try dummy cancel request?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, ANA Gold, WY Sinbad Gold
Looking to do a QCredit upgrade on an upcoming flight and was wondering if I would have AM lounge access. If not, would it be possible to purchase access for AM or AS?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by junoooon
Looking to do a QCredit upgrade on an upcoming flight and was wondering if I would have AM lounge access. If not, would it be possible to purchase access for AM or AS?
Upgrades don't include lounge access nor extra baggage allowance. Is your ticket revenue and on 157 stock?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:02 pm

Can you no longer transfer Avios to Accor points? I keep getting an error every time I try
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
Upgrades don't include lounge access nor extra baggage allowance. Is your ticket revenue and on 157 stock?
Yes revenue, not too sure about 157 stock or what that is
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by junoooon
Yes revenue, not too sure about 157 stock or what that is
The ticket stock indicates who issued the ticket. It is the first 3 digits of your e-ticket number. 157 is Qatar Airways. So basically did you book directly with Qatar Airways, or through another airline?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The ticket stock indicates who issued the ticket. It is the first 3 digits of your e-ticket number. 157 is Qatar Airways. So basically did you book directly with Qatar Airways, or through another airline?
Booked through Qatar directly in economy comfort. I understand that the upgraded fare would not be entitled to complimentary AM lounge access but would I still have the option of paying for access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.