Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Welcome to flyertalk.

Any seats already released may have been taken or it could be that no seats have been released, eg on popular routes or at peak times. As long as you have some Avios in your QR account you should be able to see any availability, so it's just a matter of keeping checking and hoping for the best.
thank you for the response. Another quick question. My wife has Avios too. Can we combine them if the seats become available?

you have been very helpful
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:11 am

I'm flying in Business with QR next week and thinking of going with only hand luggage. Website says that the carry-on luggage must not exceed 50 × 37 × 25 cm. My bag is 55 x 40 x 22 cm. Will this be a problem?

EDIT: Does anyone know if the QR check-in at ARN are manned, or are just online check-in and bag drop possible?

Last edited by Turnpike; Jul 4, 2022 at 1:20 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Turnpike
I'm flying in Business with QR next week and thinking of going with only hand luggage. Website says that the carry-on luggage must not exceed 50 × 37 × 25 cm. My bag is 55 x 40 x 22 cm. Will this be a problem?

EDIT: Does anyone know if the QR check-in at ARN are manned, or are just online check-in and bag drop possible?
I have travelled with BA standard size hand carry 56 X 35 X 23 and never had any questions asked. In business my suggestion is that you won't have an issue with the size but they have been known to occasionally weigh hand carry at some check-ins and try to enforce the rather silly low had carry weight. In J you are very unlikely to have a problem, but you obviously know there is a little risk involved.

As for ARN I have not been there recently but as airlines are still dealing with the unravelling of international immigration and health regulations generally most self-check in services if they did exist are still suspended hence the generally chaotic scenes in check in halls in many airports, as there is a manual document check inforced. As far as I recall there never was a dedicated self check in, so I would be suspicious that you could find one now. Whilst you may be able to go through the motions of online check in most circumstances it confirms your intent to check in but does not issue the boarding pass and you still need to present to a check in counter.
Turnpike likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:18 pm

What's the latest on lounge for QR Gold travelling in Y? Is the dreaded Business Class Lounge opened up again?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jah718
What's the latest on lounge for QR Gold travelling in Y? Is the dreaded Business Class Lounge opened up again?
Gold is sent to the new silver lounge. Only platinum in Y gets the Al Mourjan.
jah718 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Gold is sent to the new silver lounge. Only platinum in Y gets the Al Mourjan.
Thanks, is this a different lounge to the business class lounge from before? If so, do you know has there been any reviews or pictures posted here?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks, is this a different lounge to the business class lounge from before? If so, do you know has there been any reviews or pictures posted here?
I have been there, it is certainly nicer than the old business class lounge, with apron views and natural lights. Did not take any pictures though. Did not spend too much time there, really just stopped by to see it on my way from the Al Mourjan to the gate a short while after it opened..
jah718 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have been there, it is certainly nicer than the old business class lounge, with apron views and natural lights. Did not take any pictures though. Did not spend too much time there, really just stopped by to see it on my way from the Al Mourjan to the gate a short while after it opened..
Great, thanks! I always hated the old business lounge, so will check this out later this week.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:31 am

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
What's the latest on lounge for QR Gold travelling in Y? Is the dreaded Business Class Lounge opened up?
This thread may help.

Silver Lounge HIA
jah718 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
If you cancel an award ticket, do the points go immediately back into the account?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:15 am

WIth the SAS strike going on, my ticket might get cancelled.. im thinking of bookin a one way ticket with another airline so im wondering if my entire ticket will be cancelled if i dont show up on my first flight? Like this is my trip EVE-OSLO < first flight which im sure 90% is gonna get cancelled so im booking a new ticket with another airline to get me to OSLO so does that mean my OSLO-DOHA and DOHA-NAIROBI will get cancelled?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Loungeabout
This thread may help.

Silver Lounge HIA
Now this thread HIA Platinum, Gold and Silver Lounges Now Open
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:18 am

I just checked in online and downloaded and printed boarding passes. But there isn't any information printed on the boarding passes about lounge access? IIRC it use to be? Booking class I. ARN-DOH-BKK. Should I be worried?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Turnpike
I just checked in online and downloaded and printed boarding passes. But there isn't any information printed on the boarding passes about lounge access? IIRC it use to be? Booking class I. ARN-DOH-BKK. Should I be worried?
I never had anything about lounge access on my BPs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.