Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Crofton138
Hi, I am wanting to book an award flight with Avios on qatarairways.com. The cost is 350k Avios and I have a BA household account with my wife with enough Avios between us. Is it possible to book on qatarairways.com even though neither of us have 350k individually but we do in our BA household account?
No. QR does not recognize the household balance, so only way is to transfer from one to the other.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
No. QR does not recognize the household balance, so only way is to transfer from one to the other.
Can’t you just book it through BA using the household account points?

They supposedly have the same availability now (although not sure if all flight combinations on QR metal are available, in terms of selecting length of layover as desired).
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Can’t you just book it through BA using the household account points?

They supposedly have the same availability now (although not sure if all flight combinations on QR metal are available, in terms of selecting length of layover as desired).
I could but for the flights I'm looking at, BA website is 452k avios and Qatar website is 360k avios. I'd rather book via Qatar obviously so the only way I can do it is to book two separate tickets at 180k each.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:05 am

Strange - my understanding was that the cost of redemptions had been adjusted on each airline, so that they were in line with each other. Evidently, this isn’t the case across the board! :-/

good to know.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
How early does check-in open at BKK to drop our bags?

We are planning on flying in from CNX on a separate ticket in the morning and will probably be landing at 11:00 or so for the QR flight leaving at 19:30

I'd really rather not have to sit around landside for several hours rather than in the lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
How early does check-in open at BKK to drop our bags?

We are planning on flying in from CNX on a separate ticket in the morning and will probably be landing at 11:00 or so for the QR flight leaving at 19:30

I'd really rather not have to sit around landside for several hours rather than in the lounge.
​​​​​​Three hours before, unless there is an earlier flight for which the check-in is also open. If you are flying Thai, they always seems to be able to do magic with luggage across separate tickets, but they will probably not be able to help with boarding passes.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:41 pm

Is there a way to just see all the upcoming award flights for a certain month or week? I can be very flexible on my travel dates, but searching for 1 date at a time is painful. Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:49 pm

I have a few questions:

1. is the arriving lounge/immigration for business passengers in Doha open again?

2. i have seen that sometimes the meal (business class) will be served on a very nice restaurant porcelain and sometimes the standard airline porcelain, why?

3. will QR provide a pajama on a evening flight from FRA-DOH

Thank you for your help. (; Wolfgang
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Sonne1982
I have a few questions:

1. is the arriving lounge/immigration for business passengers in Doha open again?

2. i have seen that sometimes the meal (business class) will be served on a very nice restaurant porcelain and sometimes the standard airline porcelain, why?

3. will QR provide a pajama on a evening flight from FRA-DOH

Thank you for your help. (; Wolfgang
1. Yes
2. It is a combination of route and what dish is being served.
3. Generally Europe only gets a PJ if it is considered overnight flights.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Thinking about upgrading if I get an offer, but wondering if it counts as a J segment for FF programs. I'm with IB so a J segment helps a lot for qualifying.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Thinking about upgrading if I get an offer, but wondering if it counts as a J segment for FF programs. I'm with IB so a J segment helps a lot for qualifying.
QR credits FFP miles based on the original class of booking.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there a table / chart anywhere that shows the number of avios that you need to upgrade between cabins on various flights?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Agent69
Is there a table / chart anywhere that shows the number of avios that you need to upgrade between cabins on various flights?
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...alculator.html
Agent69 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BA
Is there a page where I can see what the quality of the QA lounge at Heathrow is like and what the business class in the A380 is like?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:09 am

Two questions, please:
1. What hour/time does award availability get released (360 days in advance)?
2. When booking award flights for 2 people, do I need to register the traveling companion in advance? I see there is a traveling companion option in the profile and will do this if it will save time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.