Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flights to BKK

Hi guys,

Wondered if you could help me? Me and the missus are looking at BKK for next Xmas 2015 and we saw that flights from Oslo and CPH are quite cheap on Business, approx. £1400. However, just wanted to ask, if it was worth just waiting for the 2for1 business class promo that Qatar Airways did last year?

Thanks again,

Gaz
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:24 am

Why don't you just fill in the cancellation form?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:54 am

Quick question - how long before take off do you have to be at the airport if you've already checked in online?

Cheers
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kobidog
Quick question - how long before take off do you have to be at the airport if you've already checked in online?

Cheers
You need to be there at least 60 minutes before your departure time. If you are in business the cut off is 45 minutes.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Gaz1a
Hi guys,

Wondered if you could help me? Me and the missus are looking at BKK for next Xmas 2015 and we saw that flights from Oslo and CPH are quite cheap on Business, approx. £1400. However, just wanted to ask, if it was worth just waiting for the 2for1 business class promo that Qatar Airways did last year?

Thanks again,

Gaz
Hi Gaz and welcome to FT.

The 2for1 fares will be a bit cheaper than that but they do typically block out the peak travel days over major holidays. I would also check AMS and BRU as starting points for good fares and £1400 is pretty good for long haul business at Xmas anyway. ^
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:28 am

Excellent, cheers! I can book the taxi for slightly later than I thought then.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:13 am

Excellent, cheers! I can book the taxi for slightly later than I thought then.

By way of a disclaimer the recommended check-in time is 3 hours before departure.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/checking-in.page

Originally Posted by qatarairways.com
Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure for Economy Class passengers and 45 minutes for First and Business Class passengers. We recommend that you arrive at the airport three hours prior to departure.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheers
This depends on the airport.

In India, I would advise a lot of time (3 hours at least).

In the UK, I normally appear 45-60 minutes before the flight. Perhaps add 10 minutes if I have a bag to check.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA

By way of a disclaimer the recommended check-in time is 3 hours before departure.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/checking-in.page
Yeah I read that but doesn't that only apply if you haven't checked in online beforehand?

Originally Posted by Calchas
This depends on the airport.

In India, I would advise a lot of time (3 hours at least).

In the UK, I normally appear 45-60 minutes before the flight. Perhaps add 10 minutes if I have a bag to check.
This is from Manchester so as long as we're there ahead of an hour before take-off we should be ok.

Cheers!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Sorry a couple of quick questions as my parents are flying Qatar this weekend.

1. My parents are flying on an award ticket Lhr- dxb in J to Doha but then it's ticketed in y from doh to dxb. My understanding of one world rules gives them access to the great lounge at doh to take a shower etc? Am I correct?

2. On the return they are in y to doh then j to lhr. Can they a) use business class checkin at dxb and b) use lounge at dxb (again per one world rules? )? Many thanks as trying to help them out as I usually travel BA J. Cheers
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hey there! I can't check fares on multi city itineraries using QR's site! It lets me choose flights, but then when it should bring the fare, it says there's an error (5685-2201). Its been happening for a while now. Any clues why?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by tuchop
Any clues why?
Incompetent IT staff I'd say.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I assume as much, but is anyone else having the same issue? Am I doing anything wrong? (I use Safari as web browser, but Chrome doesn't seem to be working either).
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:23 am

Redemption milage chart...?

Hi there

Is there any redemption milage chart ?.

I wanna find it in official web, but they just make me put the origin & destination.

I wanna know the redemption could be different between high &low season.

Also, how many stop overs can i made during one way award flight??
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tuchop
I assume as much, but is anyone else having the same issue? Am I doing anything wrong? (I use Safari as web browser, but Chrome doesn't seem to be working either).
Yes! I've been having the same trouble. Doesn't seem to have trouble with open jaws, I booked CAI-DOH-JNB, CPT-DOH-CAI today, but I wanted CAI-DOH-CPT-DOH-DXB-DOH-CAI and it would give me the flights but couldn't price. Another person on here said it gave him a price. I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer. In the end my plans changed and I got what I wanted, so I'm happy now but I do a fair amount of multi city bookings, so I would like to be able to use this in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.