Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:23 am

Is it a given...

...that the DOH-TBS route is always run on an Al-Maha frame?

I've been watching this for a few months, and as we're heading TBS-DOH-PHL-ATL over the new year is seems daily they only run these older aircraft.

I thought I got my fill, out of Baghdad, but I guess not.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Apr 1, 2022 at 2:37 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:41 am

We're flying BRU - DOH - CMB; CMB - MLE; MLE - DOH - FRA - BRU in the coming weeks for our honeymoon.
  • Currently I only have an account at Star Alliance due to Brussels Airlines being a member of it.
    What would be my best option for the trip above: one world or privilage club?
  • From time to time you hear people getting a free upgrade for the honeymoon (altough many people travel for their honeymoons, obviously).
    Is there a way to get a free upgrade? If yes, what's the best way to go about this?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Polygoon
We're flying BRU - DOH - CMB; CMB - MLE; MLE - DOH - FRA - BRU in the coming weeks for our honeymoon.
  • From time to time you hear people getting a free upgrade for the honeymoon (altough many people travel for their honeymoons, obviously).
    Is there a way to get a free upgrade? If yes, what's the best way to go about this?
Cograts on your nuptials, but IMHO Qatar would be better providing any such ‘free’ upgrades to high tier members of their frequent flyer program who have provided significant income to the airline to gain their status.

I you really want to be sure of enjoying a higher cabin class, then you should just pay for it.

Of course, costs associated with the nicer cabin could be used for an even nicer resort ?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Cograts on your nuptials, but IMHO Qatar would be better providing any such ‘free’ upgrades to high tier members of their frequent flyer program who have provided significant income to the airline to gain their status.

I you really want to be sure of enjoying a higher cabin class, then you should just pay for it.

Of course, costs associated with the nicer cabin could be used for an even nicer resort ?
Economically for Qatar, you are right but a man can hope
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
I'm trying to select my seat on QR on their A320 (business) and of course the first row is blocked. Is there any way of selecting the seat in row 1. There are people sitting in all the other rows so would prefer an empty seat next to me.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Lounge access with QR redemption

Hi
Just wondering, if I use Avios to redeem a QR Business flight, does it include lounge access? Just wondering if a redemption will have the same access as the most basic Business Class fares.

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:17 am

Lounge access with QR redemption

Hi
Just wondering, if I use Avios to redeem a QR Business flight, does it include lounge access? Just wondering if a redemption will have the same access as the most basic Business Class fares.

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Hi

Thanks
The restrictions of cheaper Business Class tickets only apply to tickets issued by Qatar Airways on 157-stock.
As a BA Avios redemption would be issued by British Airways on 125- stock, you would have lounge access or seat selection despite your status.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The restrictions of cheaper Business Class tickets only apply to tickets issued by Qatar Airways on 157-stock.
As a BA Avios redemption would be issued by British Airways on 125- stock, you would have lounge access or seat selection despite your status.
ah thanks. But I'm thinking of redeeming via Qatar Avios, as less Avios needed than BA. So would I still get lounge access to the QR lounges? I have Oneworld status and assume I'd have some lounge access buy keen to try the QR lounges especially at LHR T4 when it reopens
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
ah thanks. But I'm thinking of redeeming via Qatar Avios, as less Avios needed than BA. So would I still get lounge access to the QR lounges? I have Oneworld status and assume I'd have some lounge access buy keen to try the QR lounges especially at LHR T4 when it reopens
Awards don't fall in to booking class P that is the unbundled fare class. So you are fine.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
What fare class do business class rewards fall under? Trying to figure out on expert flyer if availability for certain route/dates. thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Hello,

we have been very lucky in getting a delayed flight on BA rebooked into QR First. Can we use the Al Safwa lounge on arrival in Doha ? Our 2nd flight is business but there's no first on that flight.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
What fare class do business class rewards fall under? Trying to figure out on expert flyer if availability for certain route/dates. thanks!
First is Z, business is U, but for me similar to a few other airlines (BA and EK at least) I can't search for award seats due to an issue with Expertflyer's data provider. I emailed EF to ask if there was an estimate to resolution (I was told no) but was credited a free month on my subscription.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: QR Gold, ANA Gold, WY Sinbad Gold
I'm trying to add my mother to the family programme. She has an existing QRPC number and I was wondering how I would be able to link that membership to my family account. From what I've seen so far, there is no option to add an existing QRPC member. Please advise.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by junoooon
I'm trying to add my mother to the family programme. She has an existing QRPC number and I was wondering how I would be able to link that membership to my family account. From what I've seen so far, there is no option to add an existing QRPC member. Please advise.
It is not possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.