Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The best way to handle this is to call Qatar Airways and perform any further actions that you wish to do on the phone with them.
Had the exact same issue (it was AA cancelling the domestic leg of a return) and I called them and they were phenomenal. Did a great job of meeting my needs for a return flight
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:00 am

I did a search for my question but didn't find anything relevant, so my apologies if it has been covered already.

Will buying 1000 Qmiles online for USD35 automatically extend the validity of my 50,000+ Qmiles that are due to expire next month?

I will surely be booking some tickets next year, but at the moment COVID restrictions make it impossible to plan anything so in the meantime I would just like to extend the validity.

The Qmiles FAQ mentions extending validity by earning or spending QMiles, but not by buying them, but I'm guessing that a purchase would count too.

TIA for any knowledgeable comments.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Anyone know how to book seats on AA legs of an itinerary?

I can do the QR flights (avoided the row 23 without the windows) but not the AA ones.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
I've been out of thinking about travel due to Covid but now that things are changing, I've started to plan my next trip. I booked a return trip from London to Phuket after Christmas in business class via the BA website (the flights have BA codeshare numbers too). What I hadn't paid attention to was that Qatar have changed lounge access/seat allocation for different classes of business class tickets. Will this mean that I won't be able to change my seat and I won't get access to the lounge? I did find one article which said I still will get access but, other than that, I haven't found anything else. Has anyone got experience with this or know more of the details?
Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Omnivore
Anyone know how to book seats on AA legs of an itinerary?

I can do the QR flights (avoided the row 23 without the windows) but not the AA ones.
Try another OW website with the QR PNR. RJ or AY are often cited as the useful ones. If that doesn't work you probably need to extract the shadow Sabre PNR that will exist for your AA sector - you might be able to do this on the QA (Qantas) site, otherwise you might need to get QR to tell you it. Once armed with the AA Sabre PNR you can probably use the A site for seat selection.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by joerules
I've been out of thinking about travel due to Covid but now that things are changing, I've started to plan my next trip. I booked a return trip from London to Phuket after Christmas in business class via the BA website (the flights have BA codeshare numbers too). What I hadn't paid attention to was that Qatar have changed lounge access/seat allocation for different classes of business class tickets. Will this mean that I won't be able to change my seat and I won't get access to the lounge? I did find one article which said I still will get access but, other than that, I haven't found anything else. Has anyone got experience with this or know more of the details?
Thanks
The restrictive policies on business currently only impact QR issued tickets. So you should be good lounge access and seat selection with a BA issued ticket based on current policy.

Until recently on a QR booked ticket, fare bucket R had no seat selection and lounge access, but with another recent throw of the dice QR have spun up P as a new lowest business bucket and this will not get the seat/lounge access and R will have lounge access reinstated but not seat selection. I don't think it's clear yet if non-QR tickets will have limitations in P.

Edited to correct that R won't have seat selection in the new range of business fares.

Last edited by plunet; Sep 18, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
The restrictive policies on business currently only impact QR issued tickets. So you should be good lounge access and seat selection with a BA issued ticket based on current policy.

Until recently on a QR booked ticket, fare bucket R had no seat selection and lounge access, but with another recent throw of the dice QR have spun up P as a new lowest business bucket and this will not get the seat/lounge access and R will have seat/lounge access reinstated. I don't think it's clear yet if non-QR tickets will have limitations in P.
Thank you very much for the quick reply. That's reassuring to hear. Looking forward to getting back on Qatar.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by plunet

Until recently on a QR booked ticket, fare bucket R had no seat selection and lounge access, but with another recent throw of the dice QR have spun up P as a new lowest business bucket and this will not get the seat/lounge access and R will have seat/lounge access reinstated. I don't think it's clear yet if non-QR tickets will have limitations in P.
With the recent update: R fare class has lounge access, not free advanced seat selection.
plunet likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
With the recent update: R fare class has lounge access, not free advanced seat selection.
Apologies for the oversight on that one. Edited upthread.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:13 pm

I was playing around with Qmiles award booking.

is there a way to tell quickly if you can get the saver award rate (meaning, non-flexi award rate) quickly at a glance?

because when i looked at the calendar mode, even though the green flag is not there (green flag indicates flexi award), when you further click on it, you still get flexi award rate (meaning, more miles required)

i think what's happening is that when you dont see green flag, it could mean that the saver award could be on economy, as well as business. there is no way to distinguish just for either cabin

is that correct?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
PHL Check-IN Counter Hours ?

FT,

I am flying on Qatar Airways from PHL, and I would like to know how early I can check-in / what is the opening time for check-in?

Thanks,

EliteNewbie
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by DarrelT
I did a search for my question but didn't find anything relevant, so my apologies if it has been covered already.

Will buying 1000 Qmiles online for USD35 automatically extend the validity of my 50,000+ Qmiles that are due to expire next month?

I will surely be booking some tickets next year, but at the moment COVID restrictions make it impossible to plan anything so in the meantime I would just like to extend the validity.

The Qmiles FAQ mentions extending validity by earning or spending QMiles, but not by buying them, but I'm guessing that a purchase would count too.

TIA for any knowledgeable comments.
probably can just book a qmiles award flight then cancel

I think any activity will trigger the reset of expiration
DarrelT likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by EliteNewbie
FT,

I am flying on Qatar Airways from PHL, and I would like to know how early I can check-in / what is the opening time for check-in?

Thanks,

EliteNewbie
For US flights, in general, check-in opens 4 hours before departure.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:08 am

flying from DOH to another ME country on F (the fake first class) cabin

the choice of planes are

787-8
777-300ER
787-9

the seats are completely identical to a regular business seat in each of those planes?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by gnomey
flying from DOH to another ME country on F (the fake first class) cabin

the choice of planes are

787-8
777-300ER
787-9

the seats are completely identical to a regular business seat in each of those planes?
Correct. However the J class seats used in each aircraft type are different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.