Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by adotham
Checking QSuites Seating Availability (booked via AA miles)
Hi guys. I booked two one-way tickets SFO-DOH, DOH-MLE QSuites. My wife I booked via AA and used 70K AA miles one way. I'm new to booking and flying with Qatar, and when I called QA, the only available seats they have for us in the QSuites are the 2 window seats. I was hoping we could get 2 of the middle seats for the double bed experience.
According to QA, since I booked my tickets via AA, that I will not have the functionality of accessing or managing my QA booking online (my hope is to check for middle seats availability, and for me to book those seats myself vs. having to call QA). Is this your experience as well? Does this mean that I would have to call QA every time to have them check if there are 2 middle seats available? I was on hold for over an hour on my first call with QA, and was hoping there was a way I could view Qsuites available seating vs. having to call QA every time just to check. I appreciate your help.
Unless your flight is terribly full, I would ask this at checkin (go early) and see what they can do.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:52 pm

Is Qatar’s seat change processing really quick? Like if I change out of seats do they go immediately back in the pool for someone else to use?

A flight went cheaper so I was planning to re book but don’t really want to lose my desired seats - was hoping they’d immediately be selectable once that flight was canceled.

thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Is Qatar’s seat change processing really quick? Like if I change out of seats do they go immediately back in the pool for someone else to use?

A flight went cheaper so I was planning to re book but don’t really want to lose my desired seats - was hoping they’d immediately be selectable once that flight was canceled.

thanks
Why not use 2x browsers and move your seats on your current flight on one browser and then select them on your new flight on another browser.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

thanks
I have had mixed experiences. Sometimes immediately available, sometimes it has taken a bit of time.

Though I'd say the wait is the more unusual version.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SamirD
Why not use 2x browsers and move your seats on your current flight on one browser and then select them on your new flight on another browser.
that’s probably what I would do! Move the seats off before canceling and then see if I can change my new reservation.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have had mixed experiences. Sometimes immediately available, sometimes it has taken a bit of time.

Though I'd say the wait is the more unusual version.

thanks!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 2:54 pm

Anybody know how to select seats when you booked on Qatar’s website with a JetBlue connection.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pikaju
Anybody know how to select seats when you booked on Qatar’s website with a JetBlue connection.
Are you asking how to select seats on the B6 leg ?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Are you asking how to select seats on the B6 leg ?
yes sir

booked with a Qatar reservation
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pikaju
yes sir

booked with a Qatar reservation
So, you should be assigned a separate B6 PNR. If you have that use that to log in to the B6 website.
If not, you could call QR to tell you the B6 PNR or you could call B6, tell them your e-ticket number and they should be able to select seats for you and tell you your B6 PNR.

I am not 100% sure but if you are using Checkmytrip, you might find your B6 PNR when you open your reservation with your QR PNR over there.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:58 am

I want to book a Qatar flight for next year, but it wants my passport number and I need to get it replaced before then, and I can't do it just yet. Is that going to be a problem?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
I want to book a Qatar flight for next year, but it wants my passport number and I need to get it replaced before then, and I can't do it just yet. Is that going to be a problem?
No, during OLCI you would be able to change your passport information and replace it with the new one.
If you prefer not to check-in online or can't check-in online, the agents at the airport would be able to do that for you.
SamirD and plunet like this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I have OWS through Finnair (Finnair Plus Gold), but plan on switching to British Airways Executive Club.
As I obviously don't have any status on BAEC yet, could I access lounge in Doha on a QR ticket and points credited to my BAEC account. Via my Finnair Plus Gold Card?

Or does the Finnair Frequent Flyer number have to be attached to my booking in order to be eligible to get lounge access?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I have OWS through Finnair (Finnair Plus Gold), but plan on switching to British Airways Executive Club.
As I obviously don't have any status on BAEC yet, could I access lounge in Doha on a QR ticket and points credited to my BAEC account. Via my Finnair Plus Gold Card?

Or does the Finnair Frequent Flyer number have to be attached to my booking in order to be eligible to get lounge access?
Your Finnair FFP needs to be attached; the lounge agents in Doha would change your FFP from BA to AY so that you could enter the lounge.
You might ask the gate agent to change your FFP back to BAEC; although, I wouldn't suggest doing this as you wouldn't have any guarantee where the miles would be credited to until you see them.
SamirD and EuroFlash like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Oryx Airport Hotel

I am trying to book the Oryx Rotana Hotel (where I have stayed many times in the past) for 18 hours from 6.00 am. Their reservations team have written back to me stating that they cannot guarantee check in at 6.00 am - only 2.00 pm.

I thought as an airport hotel, you could book a room at any time for hourly packages. Has something changed?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
I am trying to book the Oryx Rotana Hotel (where I have stayed many times in the past) for 18 hours from 6.00 am. Their reservations team have written back to me stating that they cannot guarantee check in at 6.00 am - only 2.00 pm.

I thought as an airport hotel, you could book a room at any time for hourly packages. Has something changed?
The Oryx Rotana hotel ( now Hyatt Regency Oryx ) is different than the airside Oryx Airport Hotel. If the current border restrictions remain in place, you wouldn't be able to clear immigration and stay in the Oryx Rotana hotel during your layover.

If you would like an hourly rate, you would need to contact the airport hotel. A hotel outside the airport premises is unlikely to offer hourly rates at the moment.
SamirD likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.