Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The sneaky "up to" 10% probably means there are not that many fares where it is actually 10%.

For the business comfort, try make a booking without the code in, and see what price it comes up with. Might just be a website bug not showing it the way like Classic.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The sneaky "up to" 10% probably means there are not that many fares where it is actually 10%.

For the business comfort, try make a booking without the code in, and see what price it comes up with. Might just be a website bug not showing it the way like Classic.
i've been stalking the fare a long time and it's the same price w/ or w/o the code

It says the code applies for the Elite fare, ironically, but the dollar amount isn't changed.

Was thinking if just paying for our seats with business classic wouldn't be cheaper, but those fees are non-refundable in the event we need to cancel or change flights, so kind of a risk.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile OW Sapphire (BA Silver) baggage allowance

Hi fellow FTers

Travelling tomorrow LHR to DXB in economy, x2 adults (both Sapphire) and 1 child (3yrs) in economy. Does anyone know what the additional baggage allowance is? I cant get through to Qatar's hotline and no responses on social media. We are booked at economy basic (25kg's each) and my understanding is you get an additional 20kg's. But is this for all passengers on the ticket? (as is the case with BA) or only for the status holders?

Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Dominic14
Hi fellow FTers

Travelling tomorrow LHR to DXB in economy, x2 adults (both Sapphire) and 1 child (3yrs) in economy. Does anyone know what the additional baggage allowance is? I cant get through to Qatar's hotline and no responses on social media. We are booked at economy basic (25kg's each) and my understanding is you get an additional 20kg's. But is this for all passengers on the ticket? (as is the case with BA) or only for the status holders?

Thanks
I think you will get 2 X 15KG extra, probably nothing extra for the infant as far as I know. From https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
***Extra baggage allowance for Sapphire frequent flyers As a Sapphire frequent flyer, the following special checked baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines: On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy Class baggage allowance. On international itineraries, that include domestic sectors, using the baggage allowance “piece” system – one additional bag*, weighing up to 23kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces. On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, for tickets with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs. Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will, in most cases, receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
I think you will get 2 X 15KG extra, probably nothing extra for the infant as far as I know. From https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
Thanks

Drat it. I was reading what Qatar members received as a gold member (sapphire) which is 20kgs rather than as a lowly one world member (only 15kgs) :-( It still doesnt mention anything about whether its for all persons on the same ticket. Child (not infant) has 25kgs and is treated the same as an adult
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Dominic14
Thanks

Drat it. I was reading what Qatar members received as a gold member (sapphire) which is 20kgs rather than as a lowly one world member (only 15kgs) :-( It still doesnt mention anything about whether its for all persons on the same ticket. Child (not infant) has 25kgs and is treated the same as an adult
Extra baggage allowance only applies to the status holder.
SamirD, plunet and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:44 am

Thanks!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:43 pm

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the "Business Classic" bookings. It says they don't include lounge access and no seat selection until check in.

As a QR Gold, does my status override these terms? As in, can I select my seat early even if I book this fare and can I access the lounges that are available to me with the status? I understand I won't be able to access Al Mourjan for example, but will I still get the biz lounge in DOH and whatever relevant lounge at departure?

Thanks!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all,

I have a quick question about the "Business Classic" bookings. It says they don't include lounge access and no seat selection until check in.

As a QR Gold, does my status override these terms? As in, can I select my seat early even if I book this fare and can I access the lounges that are available to me with the status? I understand I won't be able to access Al Mourjan for example, but will I still get the biz lounge in DOH and whatever relevant lounge at departure?

Thanks!
Yes, your QR Gold status would allow you to choose your seats for free anytime after you make your booking.
In normal conditions, as you mentioned, you would be able to use the QR Business Class status lounge in Doha, although currently a goodwill gesture is in place and all lounge eligible passengers are invited to use the Al Mourjan Lounge despite the fare they are traveling. ( Even if you travel in Y, you could access Al Mourjan for the meanwhile ). For outstations, you wouldn't be able to access the QR Premium Lounges though you would still be able to access oneworld operated lounges and QR contract lounges.
jah718 and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, your QR Gold status would allow you to choose your seats for free anytime after you make your booking.
In normal conditions, as you mentioned, you would be able to use the QR Business Class status lounge in Doha, although currently a goodwill gesture is in place and all lounge eligible passengers are invited to use the Al Mourjan Lounge despite the fare they are traveling. ( Even if you travel in Y, you could access Al Mourjan for the meanwhile ). For outstations, you wouldn't be able to access the QR Premium Lounges though you would still be able to access oneworld operated lounges and QR contract lounges.
Thanks, that's good to know. Also great to hear that they are currently letting status holders in Y into AM. Planning my first trip since pre - COVID, so very unfamiliar with what has been happening in the past year.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:31 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Transit Landside DOH

28 Jul 2021, i have a 20 hour transit at DOH. I was planning on getting a hotel room outside the airport.

I've searched the QR WWW to see if an Australian passport holder, departing Australia with a valid Covid Vaccine (both doses) and negative PCR test, can get the visa on arrival and exit the airport?

Thanks in Advance.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
28 Jul 2021, i have a 20 hour transit at DOH. I was planning on getting a hotel room outside the airport.

I've searched the QR WWW to see if an Australian passport holder, departing Australia with a valid Covid Vaccine (both doses) and negative PCR test, can get the visa on arrival and exit the airport?

Thanks in Advance.
No, you would not be able to enter the State of Qatar.
Unfortunately, you would be limited to the facilities inside the terminal.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Resolved.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by zxcv1; Jun 9, 2021 at 7:38 pm
Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm exploring all of my options here. It turns out that my original flight was canceled by Qatar. This was booked through Asia Miles. Asia Miles seems to have availability for new Qatar flights. However, this gives me 27 hrs between flights and this needs to be separate tickets. Asia Miles rep says that it can't be on one ticket since it's more than 24 hrs between flights. Is this allowed under Doha travel restrictions? My flights would be Jakarta to Doha and Doha to JFK. I know that I can't enter Doha, but I was thinking that I would kill time at the business lounge and pay for a stay at the Oryx hotel. I'm uncertain since I would need to do 2 separate tickets and it's more than 24 hrs for a stopover
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm exploring all of my options here. It turns out that my original flight was canceled by Qatar. This was booked through Asia Miles. Asia Miles seems to have availability for new Qatar flights. However, this gives me 27 hrs between flights and this needs to be separate tickets. Asia Miles rep says that it can't be on one ticket since it's more than 24 hrs between flights. Is this allowed under Doha travel restrictions? My flights would be Jakarta to Doha and Doha to JFK. I know that I can't enter Doha, but I was thinking that I would kill time at the business lounge and pay for a stay at the Oryx hotel. I'm uncertain since I would need to do 2 separate tickets and it's more than 24 hrs for a stopover
If you don't have checked bags, I think you could make this happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.