Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Alec84
If I book a 19h40min layover in DOH because the options with shorter layovers costs significantly more, how screwed am I? Are layovers this long even allowed by airport authorities during COVID? I understand that the city is off-limit for non-citizens and non-permanent residents. I have lounge access as BA Gold, but the lounge doesn't have bedrooms, so the other option would be to pay something like 300e for the airport hotel. Any ideas? Not booking yet, but might be booking soon.
I don't see why a nearly 20 hour transit wouldn't be allowed but I would strongly advise against it.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Alec84
If I book a 19h40min layover in DOH because the options with shorter layovers costs significantly more, how screwed am I? Are layovers this long even allowed by airport authorities during COVID? I understand that the city is off-limit for non-citizens and non-permanent residents. I have lounge access as BA Gold, but the lounge doesn't have bedrooms, so the other option would be to pay something like 300e for the airport hotel. Any ideas? Not booking yet, but might be booking soon.
If there is a significant difference between hotel and shorter layover then go for the hotel. Otherwise maybe just book the shorter layover. Not sure I would want to spend that long in a lounge with no guarantee of a sleep room
plunet likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, QR Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by realgaga
The new fare rules in the new QR fare families applies to tickets issued on QR stock only. If your ticket is issued on BA stock then it won't be affected.
Try the Finnair, Qantas, MH, and Royal Air Maroc MMBs.
Thanks, it remains a 125 ticket no. and a BA codeshare flight. Tried all the oneworld airlines MMB and a lot show all the seats as unavailable whilst Expertflyer shows them as available. Malaysian does show seat selection as available, but then doesn't actually work. Overall its not really an issue, all seats on QR look good enough and will get the chance to try out their B787-8, A350-900 and B777-300ER (flying back KUL - DOH - LHR).
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:31 am

Hi Guys,

I need 540 points by March 2022 to retain Platinum. Seeing that travel is so restricted, what happens if I dont make it? Do I get kicked out of the Privilege Club, or do I drop down to Gold?

Last edited by deepakvrao; Mar 5, 2021 at 1:40 am
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
Hi Guys,

I need 540 points by March 2022 to retain Platinum. Seeing that travel is so restricted, what happens if I dont make it? Do I get kicked out of the Privilege Club, or do I drop down to Gold?
March 2022 is still some time away. Currently, QR is offering extended status until the end of December 2021.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:55 pm

Does anyone know where my 'change flight' option has gone?
This has disappeared since there was a flight change by Qatar. It happened before but came back after I 'accepted' the new flight they scheduled me on. Now I accepted again a while ago, but it has never returned.
Can't seem to find it now when logged into MMB...

Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:53 pm

Is luggage through-checking allowed for connections slightly over 24 hours? Looking at a 26-hour connection to explore the city (if borders open later this year), but wonder what to do with bags if borders remain closed.

QR customer service said I can enter the departures hall, but did not answer the luggage question.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MoonJ
Does anyone know where my 'change flight' option has gone?
This has disappeared since there was a flight change by Qatar. It happened before but came back after I 'accepted' the new flight they scheduled me on. Now I accepted again a while ago, but it has never returned.
Can't seem to find it now when logged into MMB...

If one of your flights had a modification, you would need to call in.
MoonJ likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Is luggage through-checking allowed for connections slightly over 24 hours? Looking at a 26-hour connection to explore the city (if borders open later this year), but wonder what to do with bags if borders remain closed.

QR customer service said I can enter the departures hall, but did not answer the luggage question.
No, you won't be able to thru check baggage on a 26 hour connection.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:30 am

I've been looking for R fares for June out of DFW since last year. I can find them out of almost every other US city, but not DFW. I know it's a busy travel month, but the flights are pretty empty per ExpertFlyer. Do I have reason to keep hoping or should I just position to a different airport? Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsEllie
I've been looking for R fares for June out of DFW since last year. I can find them out of almost every other US city, but not DFW. I know it's a busy travel month, but the flights are pretty empty per ExpertFlyer. Do I have reason to keep hoping or should I just position to a different airport? Thanks!
Where is your final destination?
Not all routings have "R" fares available
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Where is your final destination?
Not all routings have "R" fares available
Final destination is ZNZ.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsEllie
Final destination is ZNZ.
I have checked and there is an "R" fare filed for that route but there are only 2-stop routings for the DFW-ZNZ part on the "R" fare class leg.
It might be cheaper to purchase two separate tickets for that routing ( one for a DFW-USA positioning flight & the other one for USA-DOH-ZNZ.
MsEllie likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have checked and there is an "R" fare filed for that route but there are only 2-stop routings for the DFW-ZNZ part on the "R" fare class leg.
It might be cheaper to purchase two separate tickets for that routing ( one for a DFW-USA positioning flight & the other one for USA-DOH-ZNZ.
What's the R fare basis for the 2 stop routing in June?

For August onwards I see RJUSPFRX available for DFW-DOH-ZNZ return.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 2:52 pm

I went ahead and booked IAH > DOH> ZNZ in business I, and ZNZ >JRO >DOH >IAH in R, so we will have to position to Houston. However, if I cancel and get the voucher for an extra 10 percent of the fare, I can rebook the same outbound but switch the return to ZNZ >JRO >DOH >DFW in fare code I for the same price, so I can at least fly back to my home airport. We are a family of 4 traveling with kids so every extra stop is a hassle.

It looks like QR adds a second DFW > DOH flight around 11pm beginning around July 21 or shortly after that, and that is where I start to see DFW R fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.