Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jan 14, 21, 6:00 pm

what's going on with QR620? it's been consistently 13-14 hours late for the past 2 weeks
Old Jan 14, 21, 6:34 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold, Tinder gold
QR newbie here! Apologies if the question has been asked before, but I couldn't find good answers/threads with a search...

I recently status matched to QR gold and got 40 Qcredits to spend. I was thinking of buying MAD-DOH-DAR/JRO and use the Qcredits to upgrade from economy (O) to business. Just how am I absolutely sure that the upgrade is possible before I book the economy fare? Is it restricted by availability/there a way to properly check this before buying?

Cheers!
Old Jan 14, 21, 6:42 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer View Post
QR newbie here! Apologies if the question has been asked before, but I couldn't find good answers/threads with a search...

I recently status matched to QR gold and got 40 Qcredits to spend. I was thinking of buying MAD-DOH-DAR/JRO and use the Qcredits to upgrade from economy (O) to business. Just how am I absolutely sure that the upgrade is possible before I book the economy fare? Is it restricted by availability/there a way to properly check this before buying?

Cheers!
Qcredit availability is restricted, you would need "U" fare class availability and the only way I know to check availability is to constantly check the upgrade tool, sometimes availability might not be available at the time of booking and open at a later date; sometimes it doesn't open ever. I don't know a method to check Qcredit upgrade availability before purchasing a ticket but you could always upgrade with your Qcredits at the check-in counter if there is availability on the Business cabin regardless of upgrade availability space.

Unfortunately, Expertflyer award/upgrade search does not work for QR flights so that is not an option to check upgrade availability. Also, a side note that mileage upgrade availability inventory and Qcredit upgrade availability inventory are the same on QR.

By the way, you could always purchase a QR ticket from a reputable USA based OTA that offers a 24 hour free cancellation period and check Qcredit availability and cancel it if there isn't any upgrade space. You could try this until you succeed, however, I am not sure if the purchase holds would block your credit limit for a while.
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old Jan 15, 21, 7:21 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
My partner and I are traveling from ORD to MLE in Q Suites. We're seated in 5E and 5F from ORD to DOH. We're respectively 6'2 - 200lbs and 6'4 - 225lbs. Would the E/F seats be a tight fit for us or might we better off in the D/G seats to allow for some separation but still allowing us to chat/dine/etc.? First world problem, I know.
Old Jan 15, 21, 7:25 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by mjz View Post
My partner and I are traveling from ORD to MLE in Q Suites. We're seated in 5E and 5F from ORD to DOH. We're respectively 6'2 - 200lbs and 6'4 - 225lbs. Would the E/F seats be a tight fit for us or might we better off in the D/G seats to allow for some separation but still allowing us to chat/dine/etc.? First world problem, I know.
The length of all seats (maybe except bulkhead) are the same and the 'footholes' are separate, so I don't see any problem here.
mjz likes this.
Old Jan 15, 21, 11:32 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by oreomilkshake View Post
what's going on with QR620? it's been consistently 13-14 hours late for the past 2 weeks
Due to the inclement weather at Lahore, the flight is getting delayed upon request of the Pakistani side.
Milwaukee and oreomilkshake like this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 8:33 am

Fares for rebooking Qatar Flights in 2021

Hey Guys! A friend who is (very) savvy with flights, fares & co pointed me to this forum for help since he couldn't help me out with this - somewhat tricky - question:- I have a round trip ticket with VIA-DOH-CGK in Economy V (fare VLR7R1SX) and return CGK-DOH-VIE on March 15 in Economy O (fare OJATOMRX)

- I want to change your return date to March 31.

- As of right now, QR is showing availability in O class on a round trip ticket on the return leg (fare OJR7PURX)

- The O return fare is priced at EUR 104.

- I'm wondering why online they are trying to charge you EUR 266 for the flight change (that's the minimum price I see available for any flight), even though the return fare is only EUR 104 (and likely covered by your original ticket), and they also promised to waive change fees.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Best regards from Bali
Old Jan 16, 21, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieFlyerAUT View Post
Hey Guys! A friend who is (very) savvy with flights, fares & co pointed me to this forum for help since he couldn't help me out with this - somewhat tricky - question:- I have a round trip ticket with VIA-DOH-CGK in Economy V (fare VLR7R1SX) and return CGK-DOH-VIE on March 15 in Economy O (fare OJATOMRX)

- I want to change your return date to March 31.

- As of right now, QR is showing availability in O class on a round trip ticket on the return leg (fare OJR7PURX)

- The O return fare is priced at EUR 104.

- I'm wondering why online they are trying to charge you EUR 266 for the flight change (that's the minimum price I see available for any flight), even though the return fare is only EUR 104 (and likely covered by your original ticket), and they also promised to waive change fees.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Best regards from Bali
Hi ​​​NewbieFlyerAUT ,

Unfortunately, the change fee should be waived manually so you would need to call in, and then you could change your flights without any change fee
If you would like the online convenience, the change fee would be not waived and you would need to pay the amount indicated on the website.
Old Jan 18, 21, 7:26 pm

Q Suites

Is the ORD to DOH flight generally always q suites? What about DOH to MLE?

I don't want to pay 4k extra to pick my seat. We were supposed to be in one half of the pod last year, and that's what I would prefer. What seats are most likely to be available when we can check in? I know that nobody can guarantee, but any ideas?
Old Jan 18, 21, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Courthorn View Post
Is the ORD to DOH flight generally always q suites? What about DOH to MLE?

I don't want to pay 4k extra to pick my seat. We were supposed to be in one half of the pod last year, and that's what I would prefer. What seats are most likely to be available when we can check in? I know that nobody can guarantee, but any ideas?
DOH-MLE is not a 100% Qsuite route; the route could be operated with a Qsuite equipped aircraft, an A350 or 787 with older seats, or even an A320/321 with recliner seats.
At online check-in, there would mostly be two adjacent seats in the middle available - many folks are not purchasing Business Comfort for seat selection in advance + lounge access, but you would most likely need to call in to reserve those seats as they are reserved for parties over 3 people.

Also, if you have status ( with QRPC or another OW airline ), you could select your seats for free at the moment by calling QR.
Old Jan 19, 21, 9:27 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Hi all,

I am currently a QR Gold, my status was renewed in July 2020. I got the email from QR saying they did it as a goodwill gesture, even though I already had enough Q points to renew anyway.

Fast forward to now, obviously I haven't travelled at all since my status was renewed and now my status will expire in July 2021. Do you think there is any chance they will extend it again for free? I would imagine there are a very significant number of people that are in the same boat as me.
Old Jan 19, 21, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jah718 View Post
Hi all,

I am currently a QR Gold, my status was renewed in July 2020. I got the email from QR saying they did it as a goodwill gesture, even though I already had enough Q points to renew anyway.

Fast forward to now, obviously I haven't travelled at all since my status was renewed and now my status will expire in July 2021. Do you think there is any chance they will extend it again for free? I would imagine there are a very significant number of people that are in the same boat as me.
If an extension would come, it would most likely come in the upcoming weeks.
If I'm not wrong QR pressed the extension button in late March 2020 and the first member that would be losing his status would be losing in late March 2021.
QR still has about little more than 2 months to make a decision and probably they would wait a little further to see how the vaccine distribution is going around the world, if case numbers are decreasing with the vaccine, if more countries would re-open their borders, etc...

By the way, as a status matcher, I would be meeting my 300 Qpoints reduced threshold for Platinum in my 8th month after being approved for the match so I am already secured until June 2022.
jah718 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 21, 10:10 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If an extension would come, it would most likely come in the upcoming weeks.
If I'm not wrong QR pressed the extension button in late March 2020 and the first member that would be losing his status would be losing in late March 2021.
QR still has about little more than 2 months to make a decision and probably they would wait a little further to see how the vaccine distribution is going around the world, if case numbers are decreasing with the vaccine, if more countries would re-open their borders, etc...

By the way, as a status matcher, I would be meeting my 300 Qpoints reduced threshold for Platinum in my 8th month after being approved for the match so I am already secured until June 2022.
Great, thanks for the info. I will remain hopeful that they will extend it again. There is no way that I will be back to my usual flying pattern before July 2021, so if they don't extend it, I will definitely lose my gold status....
Old Jan 20, 21, 3:26 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Ouch. :-( When QR extended status for a year, I incorrectly assumed that the Qpoints validity would be extended along with it (effectively putting everything on hold.) I was very close to requalifying for Silver, now I'm starting from scratch. The extension is better than nothing, for sure; I wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up about the Qpoints.
Old Jan 23, 21, 7:49 am

QR Award Availability December 2021 DOH-CPT

Hi there, I was planning to fly Qsuites using AA Miles from IAD to CPT on December 24, 2021.

in the last week, QR has not opened up any award space from DOH to CPT - the last availability is around Dec 14, 2021.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: