Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jan 3, 21, 8:32 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
What status level do you need?
oneworld Sapphire and higher ( QRPC Gold & higher )

Note: There were reports that QRPC Silver ( not partner OWRs ) were able to select seats for free but I am not sure about that
Old Jan 3, 21, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
oneworld Sapphire and higher ( QRPC Gold & higher )

Note: There were reports that QRPC Silver ( not partner OWRs ) were able to select seats for free but I am not sure about that
Thanks! No status like that just the basic one. Too much a risk to go that route, will book Comfort I guess.
Old Jan 4, 21, 5:42 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Departures from LHR T5

How does departing from LHR work now that itís at T5?
  • Are the check-in agents from QR or is it BA manning the desks?
  • Do QR agents require any supporting documentation for travel, seeing as London is in semi-lockdown? I know BA agents have been known to ask for this.
  • Can I use the First Wing security as OW Emerald when travelling on QR?
Old Jan 4, 21, 7:40 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by Andrew35K View Post
How does departing from LHR work now that itís at T5?
  • Are the check-in agents from QR or is it BA manning the desks?
  • Do QR agents require any supporting documentation for travel, seeing as London is in semi-lockdown? I know BA agents have been known to ask for this.
  • Can I use the First Wing security as OW Emerald when travelling on QR?
1- Some QR agents and some Dnata ( third party ground handling staff ) agents. ( *I might be wrong in the ground handling company )
2- I would leave this part for someone who has recently flown ex-LHR with QR
3- Yes, you could use the First Wing.
Old Jan 5, 21, 7:21 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I believe QR uses Swissport from all ex-UK destinations (previously it was a mix of Dnata and Swissport)
Old Jan 6, 21, 3:07 pm

I can't figure out how to select which seat I want to be in for Q Suites. The website doesn't allow me to, app doesn't give me the option. Purchased using AA miles. I do have the QR record locator, and I can see my flights in the app.
Old Jan 6, 21, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by jgroll57 View Post
I can't figure out how to select which seat I want to be in for Q Suites. The website doesn't allow me to, app doesn't give me the option. Purchased using AA miles. I do have the QR record locator, and I can see my flights in the app.
You could call QR and choose your seats over the phone.
Old Jan 9, 21, 1:14 pm

If I buy 4 classic business fares for my family traveling together, do you think they will separate us or keep us together in a Q pod?
Old Jan 9, 21, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by MsEllie View Post
If I buy 4 classic business fares for my family traveling together, do you think they will separate us or keep us together in a Q pod?
If there is availability during online check-in ( 48 hours before departure ) you could call QR and reserve them.
As far as I know, they are allocated on a first come first served basis for parties over 3.
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jan 10, 21, 11:08 pm

how does online check in work if my first flight is a codeshare flight (QR5508 operated by Air Canada)? Wil I be able to check in 48 hours prior to my first flight, and will I receive a boarding pass for my onward connecting flight? Do I check in online with QR or AC?
Old Jan 10, 21, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by oreomilkshake View Post
how does online check in work if my first flight is a codeshare flight (QR5508 operated by Air Canada)? Wil I be able to check in 48 hours prior to my first flight, and will I receive a boarding pass for my onward connecting flight? Do I check in online with QR or AC?
As your first flight is operated by Air Canada, you would check-in with Air Canada on the Air Canada website.
I am not sure if you would be able to print boarding passes for your onward leg online but the Air Canada airport agents would be able to print your onward connecting flight with QR.
oreomilkshake likes this.
Old Jan 11, 21, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
As your first flight is operated by Air Canada, you would check-in with Air Canada on the Air Canada website.
I am not sure if you would be able to print boarding passes for your onward leg online but the Air Canada airport agents would be able to print your onward connecting flight with QR.
okay, thank you so much for the info
Old Jan 11, 21, 10:41 pm

So, Iím traveling on the poor person business fare LAX-MLE in the fall and wondering if I will be able to access the one world business lounge in Tom Bradley since itís not a Qatar operated lounge....

(assuming lounges are running by that point again)

I know I will have to buy lounge access in DOHA.
Old Jan 11, 21, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by pikaju View Post
So, Iím traveling on the poor person business fare LAX-MLE in the fall and wondering if I will be able to access the one world business lounge in Tom Bradley since itís not a Qatar operated lounge....

Yes you would have access in LAX under the current state of affairs and Oneworld rules yes. Though there has been a few posts stating that the QR staff wrote 'No lounge' by hand on the boarding passes. Generally, there has been no change to the OW rules, so I doubt this would stand up to scrutiny. No one could prevent you from having a home printed boarding pass in spare, or use the app for a boarding pass, for lounge purposes.
Old Jan 11, 21, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by pikaju View Post

Yes, you would be able to access the oneworld Business Lounge, American Airlines Admirals Club, American Airlines Flagship Lounge, and the Alaska Airlines Lounge at LAX ( after 31 March 2021 ) with your QR Business Class boarding pass at LAX; however, be aware that the check-in agent might scribble "NO LOUNGE" on your boarding pass, you could print a back-up boarding pass from the kiosks to avoid the issue. Unfortunately, QR does not offer mobile boarding passes or web printed boarding passes on USA departures.
pikaju likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: