Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Dec 28, 20, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Resorts in the Maldives have an exit screening to ensure that people with symptoms do not travel. The exit screening does not have a PCR test as a mandatory part. But the PCR test is an option, if required for the destination country.

Is the distinction between screening and PCR test getting blurred in the message from the hotel.
Old Dec 28, 20, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Resorts in the Maldives have an exit screening to ensure that people with symptoms do not travel. The exit screening does not have a PCR test as a mandatory part. But the PCR test is an option, if required for the destination country.

Is the distinction between screening and PCR test getting blurred in the message from the hotel.
could be. With the time difference I am still waiting on them to come back to me. Really sounds like more revenue for them from the covid tests.
Old Jan 1, 21, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Trying to talk the wife into summer family travel from DFW to ZRH or VIE via DOH (the added time vs. transiting via PHL or LHR and using my miles is a barrier/paying is an extortionist rate even in coach), QR far and away the cheapest way to go economy without booking via a sketchy booking site, with the added bonus for me of flying an AA partner.
A few questions for a newbie to QR:
1. As a OneWorld Sapphire (soon to be Emerald once American moves the Platinum Pro band up) - would I be able to select seats on a Classic fare, or does QR only allow that for its elites?
2. I see the DOH stopovers advertised on the QR homepage from March 1 but can’t get them to come up on any itineraries I select (looking at July travel, hoping the world will be in a state where travel is feasible again by then). Do I need to select a specific fare class for that to be an option?
Old Jan 1, 21, 1:17 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by stewlevine View Post
Trying to talk the wife into summer family travel from DFW to ZRH or VIE via DOH (the added time vs. transiting via PHL or LHR and using my miles is a barrier/paying is an extortionist rate even in coach), QR far and away the cheapest way to go economy without booking via a sketchy booking site, with the added bonus for me of flying an AA partner.
A few questions for a newbie to QR:
1. As a OneWorld Sapphire (soon to be Emerald once American moves the Platinum Pro band up) - would I be able to select seats on a Classic fare, or does QR only allow that for its elites?
2. I see the DOH stopovers advertised on the QR homepage from March 1 but canít get them to come up on any itineraries I select (looking at July travel, hoping the world will be in a state where travel is feasible again by then). Do I need to select a specific fare class for that to be an option?
1. Yes, oneworld partner elites could choose seats for free. ( including bulkhead and emergency exit row seats )
2. No, you need to book it as a multi-city; it would not show up automatically. After you have booked your ticket, you should normally be able to book your stopover program on discoverqatar.qa/stopover however you can't book anything at the moment due to the uncertainty of when Qatar would open their borders for visitors.
Old Jan 1, 21, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by stewlevine View Post
2. I see the DOH stopovers advertised on the QR homepage from March 1 but canít get them to come up on any itineraries I select (looking at July travel, hoping the world will be in a state where travel is feasible again by then). Do I need to select a specific fare class for that to be an option?
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
2. No, you need to book it as a multi-city; it would not show up automatically. After you have booked your ticket, you should normally be able to book your stopover program on discoverqatar.qa/stopover however you can't book anything at the moment due to the uncertainty of when Qatar would open their borders for visitors.
Probably worth consulting the +Qatar stopover thread for an idea on how the stopover program used to run. There has been feedback on the forum that Qatar intends to restart the stopover program but there's no indication when and if it will be the same as before.

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Hello, refugee from the BA board. Due to BA cutting flights to the far east I have an increasing number of QR flights under BA codeshare numbers going via Doha. As a BA gold / oneworld emerald I think I should be able to select/change seats, the BA seat change doesn't seem to work on QR. Is there any easy way to sort this out please?

Thank you
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
Hello, refugee from the BA board. Due to BA cutting flights to the far east I have an increasing number of QR flights under BA codeshare numbers going via Doha. As a BA gold / oneworld emerald I think I should be able to select/change seats, the BA seat change doesn't seem to work on QR. Is there any easy way to sort this out please?

Thank you
You need to get the QR PNR and then use this on the Qatar Manage my booking site. From feedback on here the easiest way to do this is to plug your BA PNR into Qantas MMB and it should reveal the QR PNR. Others have also mentioned AY and RJ as possible self+service routes to discover the QR PNR. Or you can just call BA.
firstlight likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:55 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight View Post

Thank you
If youíre on 125- stock you could call QR and select your seats for free.
firstlight likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
You need to get the QR PNR and then use this on the Qatar Manage my booking site. From feedback on here the easiest way to do this is to plug your BA PNR into Qantas MMB and it should reveal the QR PNR. Others have also mentioned AY and RJ as possible self+service routes to discover the QR PNR. Or you can just call BA.
Thanks, tried all of RJ, Qantas and AY manage my bookings and the only PNR that appeared was the BA one. I'll try calling BA a little closer to the flight as it's 125 ticket stock. I should be grateful that they are moving BA avios tickets onto QR metal...
Old Jan 2, 21, 3:40 pm

Hi All -
I am looking to book a Business Comfort flight from US to India and am confused about the cancellation policy.

The Qatar Airways "Travel with Confidence" site mentions that any tickets ticketed prior to Apr 31 (and travel prior to Dec 31) have free refunds on cancellation.
Also during booking - I get the "Guaranteed Flexibility" note which mentions "No change fees, no cancellation fees. Only pay the difference if your new flight costs more."

But the fare rules while booking the ticket have certain fees (300-500$) specified on no-shows and refunds/reissue.

What am I to believe? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by morondrill; Jan 2, 21 at 3:41 pm Reason: Fixed Typo
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by morondrill View Post
Hi All -
I am looking to book a Business Comfort flight from US to India and am confused about the cancellation policy.

The Qatar Airways "Travel with Confidence" site mentions that any tickets ticketed prior to Apr 31 (and travel prior to Dec 31) have free refunds on cancellation.
Also during booking - I get the "Guaranteed Flexibility" note which mentions "No change fees, no cancellation fees. Only pay the difference if your new flight costs more."

But the fare rules while booking the ticket have certain fees (300-500$) specified on no-shows and refunds/reissue.

What am I to believe? Thanks in advance for the help.
The "Extending our Commitment" policy does apply to all tickets, those fees for cancellation and changes are the fees attached to the original fare rules which would be waived when you request a change/cancellation according to the EOC policy.
morondrill likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:24 pm

The "Extending our Commitment" policy does apply to all tickets, those fees for cancellation and changes are the fees attached to the original fare rules which would be waived when you request a change/cancellation according to the EOC policy.
This is great. Thanks for the confirmation.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 21, 8:08 am

Is there any option for Classic Business fare to select seats by paying extra?
Old Jan 3, 21, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
Is there any option for Classic Business fare to select seats by paying extra?
At the moment, no.
Unless you have QRPC or oneworld status, you would only be able to select seats at online check-in or at the airport.
Old Jan 3, 21, 8:28 am

At the moment, no.
Unless you have QRPC or oneworld status, you would only be able to select seats at online check-in or at the airport.
What status level do you need?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: