Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Dec 2, 20, 10:21 pm

How many points does one need in their Qatar account in order to search for award availability?
Old Dec 4, 20, 10:53 am

Flying ORD-DOH-MLE on award, ORD-DOH in biz, and DOH-MLE in econ.
I have about 10 hours of layover. Would I be eligible to enter the biz QR lounge? The terms indicate that I may be able to but with the recent changes I thought I would ask here first
Old Dec 4, 20, 10:58 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by libuser View Post
Flying ORD-DOH-MLE on award, ORD-DOH in biz, and DOH-MLE in econ.
I have about 10 hours of layover. Would I be eligible to enter the biz QR lounge? The terms indicate that I may be able to but with the recent changes I thought I would ask here first
It depends on your fare bucket for your ORD-DOH flight.
Old Dec 4, 20, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
It depends on your fare bucket for your ORD-DOH flight.
Wouldn't the award bucket for business always be given as U, even for a mixed award?
Old Dec 4, 20, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Wouldn't the award bucket for business always be given as U, even for a mixed award?
Didn't see the award part. Thanks for alerting.
So, for the question of libuser ;

- You would be able to access the Al Mourjan Lounge at DOH but you would need to show your ORD-DOH Business Class boarding pass at the lounge entrance so don't throw it.
- Plus your DOH-MLE should be before 06:00 the day after you arrive at DOH.
Old Dec 4, 20, 11:57 pm

For people who have recently flown Qatar Airways, The "consent form" they have which needs to be filled out - do they have this form at check-in desks so you can fill it in right there? Finding a printer is turning out to be a challenge and it's just a Qatar airways form that needs filing so I'm guessing check-in agents have it yes? I understand this can be airport specific but asking in general
Old Dec 5, 20, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii View Post
For people who have recently flown Qatar Airways, The "consent form" they have which needs to be filled out - do they have this form at check-in desks so you can fill it in right there? Finding a printer is turning out to be a challenge and it's just a Qatar airways form that needs filing so I'm guessing check-in agents have it yes? I understand this can be airport specific but asking in general
Do you mean the consent form for countries that QR asks for a negative COVID-19 result?
Old Dec 5, 20, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Do you mean the consent form for countries that QR asks for a negative COVID-19 result?
Yes this one
https://www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/documents/QR-consent-form-PCR.pdf
Old Dec 5, 20, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AF Silver, HHonors Silver, IHG Platinum
Would anyone happen to know if QR currently offers access to any lounge at the new BER airport?
Old Dec 5, 20, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know what's going on with this 787 J conf? HEL-DOH if it matters. Are they blocking seats or removed seats or something?

seat map

Last edited by AnttiV; Dec 5, 20 at 8:35 am
Old Dec 5, 20, 9:50 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by AnttiV View Post
Does anyone know what's going on with this 787 J conf? HEL-DOH if it matters. Are they blocking seats or removed seats or something?

seat map
It's just a system glitch, I also have this on my 787 flights.
AnttiV and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 6, 20, 5:31 pm

Business Class award availability

QR 702 (JFK > DOH evening flight) has business class award availability wide open next year (looking at Oct 2021, but seems to be widespread)
QR 704 (daytime flight) has no business class award availability - seemingly at any point around this time.
Does Qatar normally block off seats for a while? Any experience whether more award availability opens up?
If I book the evening flight with miles (via AA), can I switch to the daytime flight once award availability opens up? Does Qatar have a waitlist system?
First FT post here. Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 6, 20, 10:05 pm

Hi mickdundee and welcome to FlyerTalk!

There is no pattern for QR opening award availability and the current October 2021 schedule is a placeholder schedule that would be modified soon. Mostly likely both JFK departures would remain but the flight times might change. It's highly unlikely that QR opening extra award availability 10 months before the flight. Extra inventory for QR704 might open closer to the flight depending on the loads.

Also, as you are seeking to book a mileage award with AA, their policy applies when booking; if I'm not QR has an award waitlist but that is only for bookings made through Privilege Club and not other oneworld frequent flyer programs. ( Other members, please feel free to correct me ).

By the way, you would be able to switch flights if availability on QR 704 re-opens according to the AA policy which currently allows no change fee on these kinds of changes.
Old Dec 8, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium
More strange things happening to my booking. Now there’s a notice on the booking that reads

”As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.”

I double checked that under passenger information everything is correct and my nationality is indeed Finnish. Is this another glitch or should I contact QR? I have no idea where they figured out I’m an OFW as I have never even been to the Filippines. The initiary is HEL-DOH-CGK-DOH-OSL.

Update: this only seems to pop up in the app, can't find anything on the website.

Last edited by AnttiV; Dec 8, 20 at 11:14 am Reason: only on app
Old Dec 8, 20, 12:30 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by AnttiV View Post
More strange things happening to my booking. Now there’s a notice on the booking that reads

”As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.”

I double checked that under passenger information everything is correct and my nationality is indeed Finnish. Is this another glitch or should I contact QR? I have no idea where they figured out I’m an OFW as I have never even been to the Filippines. The initiary is HEL-DOH-CGK-DOH-OSL.

Update: this only seems to pop up in the app, can't find anything on the website.
Have you booked your ticket via a TA or directly through the Qatar Airways website?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: