Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Nov 8, 20, 9:15 am
  #4621  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC, Accor
Posts: 1,909
Originally Posted by Pat Finnerty View Post
hi all,
I booked business class tickets from Dublin to Bangkok via Doha in April 20 to fly in Feb 6/21 to March 1/21.
At the moment there is lockdown in Ireland and no entry into Thailand unless stv, and i do not really fancy being locked up in quarantine for upto 2 weeks.
Can someone please explain my options?
Your options are to review the current Qatar book with confidence policy. Assuming your flights are still scheduled and there has not yet been a time reschedule of more than 2 hours your main option would be to convert the value of your ticket to a future travel voucher which will be topped up by 10% excluding taxes and surcharges.

Assuming none of the above applies then your best advice is to sit it out. Qatar are likely to maintain the intent of their current book with confidence policy although they may change it at any time. Under the current policy you need a significant schedule change (more than 2 hours), a cancellation, or be not permitted to travel due to immigration rules at either end to be able to cancel for a refund, but Qatar will wait until the last minute to assess the latter point. If you are angling for a refund, there is plenty of scope for the first two options to happen any time over the next 3 months.

​​​​​​If you are happy with a future travel voucher, just log onto Manage my Booking and request it now. If you want cash, you need to wait.
plunet is online now  
Old Nov 8, 20, 9:38 am
  #4622  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 2
Thanks for promp reply Plunet,
I am happy to rebook for later in year if i can even if the prices are gone up a little
Pat Finnerty is offline  
Old Nov 15, 20, 12:41 pm
  #4623  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 1
Hello quick question.

I booked a flight from ORD to Durban * South Africa* in Jan. The outbound J fare was relatively cheap $1500ish but coming back was close to $3000 so I booked N ( Economy ) on the way back in the hopes that I can upgrade later.

When I now search the flight the return leg business fare dropped considerably, I phoned Qatar to ask if I could just pay now to upgrade but they said I have to wait for an email? Is that true?

Am I able to just cancel it get a voucher and rebook both ways in J?

Thank you!
jasontpbn is offline  
Old Nov 15, 20, 3:50 pm
  #4624  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Posts: 6,363
Originally Posted by jasontpbn View Post
Hello quick question.

I booked a flight from ORD to Durban * South Africa* in Jan. The outbound J fare was relatively cheap $1500ish but coming back was close to $3000 so I booked N ( Economy ) on the way back in the hopes that I can upgrade later.

When I now search the flight the return leg business fare dropped considerably, I phoned Qatar to ask if I could just pay now to upgrade but they said I have to wait for an email? Is that true?

Am I able to just cancel it get a voucher and rebook both ways in J?

Thank you!
Hi jasontpbn and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Instead of the discounted upgrade, tell the hotline agent that you would like to pay the fare difference. I guess that the agent you talked to thought that you were seeking to use the discounted Business Class upgrade offers.

Getting a voucher and re-booking the ticket with the voucher and paying the difference in fare with your credit card would also work.
ISTFlyer is online now  
Old Nov 20, 20, 12:46 pm
  #4625  
PxC
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bristol
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 333
I am tempted to book flights to Thailand, which is required before applying for the new tourist visa. If this was rejected (a few days before flying), would I be able to exchange the flights for a voucher, or any other options?
PxC is offline  
Old Nov 20, 20, 12:49 pm
  #4626  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Posts: 6,363
Originally Posted by PxC View Post
I am tempted to book flights to Thailand, which is required before applying for the new tourist visa. If this was rejected (a few days before flying), would I be able to exchange the flights for a voucher, or any other options?
Yes, you would be able to get a voucher or change your destination by paying the difference in fare.
ISTFlyer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: