Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by higham44
Am I allowed to transit at DOH currently as a UK citizen? I am considering flying from MAD to HND via DOH next May, which has a 6 hour layover at DOH. Advice please.
Currently you are allowed. I doubt that changes in 7 months
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There are no restrictions for transit in Qatar.
By the way, May is 7 months from now and I guess the transfer requirement would not change; however, as CPH-Flyer mentioned, please double-check the entry requirements for Japan before traveling.
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the current position re entry to Japan; I guess that I am just (overly) optimistic that there might be a shift in policy by May. If I do book (using QR's travel voucher) I hope that should the position be the same that I can, once again, exchange for another travel voucher with QR or change the flights' dates to later in the year. It's a gamble, I know.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:32 am

hi all,
I booked business class tickets from Dublin to Bangkok via Doha in April 20 to fly in Feb 6/21 to March 1/21.
At the moment there is lockdown in Ireland and no entry into Thailand unless stv, and i do not really fancy being locked up in quarantine for upto 2 weeks.
Can someone please explain my options?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pat Finnerty
hi all,
I booked business class tickets from Dublin to Bangkok via Doha in April 20 to fly in Feb 6/21 to March 1/21.
At the moment there is lockdown in Ireland and no entry into Thailand unless stv, and i do not really fancy being locked up in quarantine for upto 2 weeks.
Can someone please explain my options?
Your options are to review the current Qatar book with confidence policy. Assuming your flights are still scheduled and there has not yet been a time reschedule of more than 2 hours your main option would be to convert the value of your ticket to a future travel voucher which will be topped up by 10% excluding taxes and surcharges.

Assuming none of the above applies then your best advice is to sit it out. Qatar are likely to maintain the intent of their current book with confidence policy although they may change it at any time. Under the current policy you need a significant schedule change (more than 2 hours), a cancellation, or be not permitted to travel due to immigration rules at either end to be able to cancel for a refund, but Qatar will wait until the last minute to assess the latter point. If you are angling for a refund, there is plenty of scope for the first two options to happen any time over the next 3 months.

​​​​​​If you are happy with a future travel voucher, just log onto Manage my Booking and request it now. If you want cash, you need to wait.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:38 am

Thanks for promp reply Plunet,
I am happy to rebook for later in year if i can even if the prices are gone up a little
Old Nov 15, 2020, 8:18 am

Hi,
I have tried to book a return flight on Qatar airways. During booking, I have also selected the seats as well and then moved to the payment section. At payment section I have entered my debit card details and confirmed payment but after processing I received a message on screen that there was an error in booking the seats and we will hold the booking and will let you know. Meanwhile my debit card was charged with the amount of the ticket and I have not received any confirmation email of my tickets. I was unable to save any booking reference number since I was in the impression that with error there would be no deduction. The only thing I have now is my bank receipt of the payment. I have booked this flight using my Qatar airways milage account but I have no history of this purchasing in my account as well. Please suggest any solution for this. I have already launched a complaint on the Qatar airways help desk and received a confirmation email of my complaint but they have not contacted me yet. I would be grateful for some solution.

Regards!
Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:41 am

Hello quick question.

I booked a flight from ORD to Durban * South Africa* in Jan. The outbound J fare was relatively cheap $1500ish but coming back was close to $3000 so I booked N ( Economy ) on the way back in the hopes that I can upgrade later.

When I now search the flight the return leg business fare dropped considerably, I phoned Qatar to ask if I could just pay now to upgrade but they said I have to wait for an email? Is that true?

Am I able to just cancel it get a voucher and rebook both ways in J?

Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jasontpbn
Hello quick question.

I booked a flight from ORD to Durban * South Africa* in Jan. The outbound J fare was relatively cheap $1500ish but coming back was close to $3000 so I booked N ( Economy ) on the way back in the hopes that I can upgrade later.

When I now search the flight the return leg business fare dropped considerably, I phoned Qatar to ask if I could just pay now to upgrade but they said I have to wait for an email? Is that true?

Am I able to just cancel it get a voucher and rebook both ways in J?

Thank you!
Hi jasontpbn and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Instead of the discounted upgrade, tell the hotline agent that you would like to pay the fare difference. I guess that the agent you talked to thought that you were seeking to use the discounted Business Class upgrade offers.

Getting a voucher and re-booking the ticket with the voucher and paying the difference in fare with your credit card would also work.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:46 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I am tempted to book flights to Thailand, which is required before applying for the new tourist visa. If this was rejected (a few days before flying), would I be able to exchange the flights for a voucher, or any other options?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
I am tempted to book flights to Thailand, which is required before applying for the new tourist visa. If this was rejected (a few days before flying), would I be able to exchange the flights for a voucher, or any other options?
Yes, you would be able to get a voucher or change your destination by paying the difference in fare.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: OW-E; AA-EP
Initially I have an 8hour layover in Doha. My flight departing DOH got canceled and was assigned to a flight the following day. Will I be provided with accommodation on a 32hr layover (8hour + 1 day)?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fluffy_FLing
Initially I have an 8hour layover in Doha. My flight departing DOH got canceled and was assigned to a flight the following day. Will I be provided with accommodation on a 32hr layover (8hour + 1 day)?
When are you flying? Until Qatar accepts visitors you might be denied boarding?
If I were you, I would have secured a 24h or less layover rather than seeking a 32h layover with accommodation.

If it's not private, you could also share the route information as sometimes the system does not auto-book you to the shortest available connection.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: OW-E; AA-EP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
When are you flying? Until Qatar accepts visitors you might be denied boarding?
If I were you, I would have secured a 24h or less layover rather than seeking a 32h layover with accommodation.

If it's not private, you could also share the route information as sometimes the system does not auto-book you to the shortest available connection.
JFK-MNL with DOH layover

Depart JFK, Dec 6, 21:00
Arrive DOH, Dec 7, 17:15
Depart DOH, Dec 8, 02:35
Arrive MNL, Dec 8, 16:10

DEC 8 02:35 DOH-MNL got cancled. Was moved to next day DEC 9, 02:35
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fluffy_FLing
JFK-MNL with DOH layover

Depart JFK, Dec 6, 21:00
Arrive DOH, Dec 7, 17:15
Depart DOH, Dec 8, 02:35
Arrive MNL, Dec 8, 16:10

DEC 8 02:35 DOH-MNL got cancled. Was moved to next day DEC 9, 02:35
OK, as Qatar is closed for foreigners and a 32h layover would not count as a transit but a stopover, you would be highly denied boarding if you seek to take your 32h connection.
My advice is to call QR and ask to be rebooked on one of the options below; you could also change dates and the destination but I've only provided JFK-MNL options closer to your travel date.

You could ask to be rebooked on;

Option 1: Depart JFK a day later and arrive at MNL at the same time

Depart JFK, Dec 7 QR 702 21:00
Arrive DOH, Dec 8 17:15
Depart DOH Dec 9 QR 932 02:35
Arrive MNL Dec 9 16:10

Option 2: Leave the night before

Depart JFK, Dec 6 QR 704 01:00
Arrive DOH, Dec 6 21:15
Depart DOH, Dec 7 QR 932 02:35
Arrive MNL Dec 7 16:10
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I am very confused by a future QR award booking. XXX-DOH-YYY. XXX-YYY shows unavailable but...

XXX-DOH is available as a Business award
DOH-YYY is available as a Business award

I can book XXX-DOH-YYY as a multi city itinerary with miles but is significantly more miles than booking XXX-YYY (with connection in DOH, obviously). Is this some sort of reverse married segment logic? Any workaround?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.