Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by craig44485
Recently flew MNL DOH JFK in Qsuites. Just wondering how common it is to arrive in DOH and deplane without a jet bridge? I was a bit surprised to have deplane using stairs and being bused to the terminal. Clearing transfers immigration was a breeze, we basically just walked right through.
It is relatively common - my estimate is around 25% of the time (the routes I fly are normally served by 787s, 777s and A350s). IIRC it mostly happens with the 787s.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
This was on a 777.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC
I don't think the aircraft type really matters in the apron v gate lottery at Doha. Although I do think they did try to avoid bussing the A380s when they were operating, which are are not at the moment.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Keep ticket or take voucher??

I have a scheduled flight from OSL to HND via DOH (with stopover on return) in October. As access to Qatar and Japan is a non-starter currently I am considering either keeping the ticket for use in 2021 or taking a travel voucher (with 10% value enhancement) - I am favouring the latter at the moment to give more more flexibility. I would welcome views on the pros and cons of each of the two options before I make my decision.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by higham44
I have a scheduled flight from OSL to HND via DOH (with stopover on return) in October. As access to Qatar and Japan is a non-starter currently I am considering either keeping the ticket for use in 2021 or taking a travel voucher (with 10% value enhancement) - I am favouring the latter at the moment to give more more flexibility. I would welcome views on the pros and cons of each of the two options before I make my decision.
It's all up to you,

If you take the voucher, you would pay less if you are certainly sure that you would travel next year with Qatar Airways.
If you cancel your ticket, you would have the flexibility to travel, you would have the option to rebook another airline.

These are what came to my mind.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Cancelling the ticket would incur financial penalties as it would be classed as a voluntary cancellation. I am minded to take a voucher as I do plan to fly with QR next year (quarantine and entry conditions allowing), but I wanted to make sure from others' experiences that there are no significant limitations/restrictions to using the voucher when the time comes to rebook.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC
I would assume you are not going, but sit it out for a bit. If there is a any significant schedule change or a cancellation you will also have the option of a cash refund. On taking the voucher, there is an obvious risk that pricing for flights in the future is very much an unknown, and you are tied to QR.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
Just to add: The upgraded segments don't qualify for lounge access on its own (so you can't access QR's premium lounges).
I would still have lounge acces as an emerald member though and have access to the Al Mourian lounge atm along with 20 kg of extra checked baggage and other emerald benefits, correct?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Protocol7
I would still have lounge acces as an emerald member though and have access to the Al Mourian lounge atm along with 20 kg of extra checked baggage and other emerald benefits, correct?
Yes all emerald benefits are in place. And AM is the lounge for all at the moment.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Thanks for confirming that
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Have three separate bookings: ORD-DOH and DOH-LAX booked with AA miles, and DOH-MLE RT booked cash with QR. QR agent said bags will not check through, but that I will have no trouble collecting bags and checking into next flight in DOH, despite that Doha has travel restrictions in place (made it sound like I could accomplish everything airside) Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Have three separate bookings: ORD-DOH and DOH-LAX booked with AA miles, and DOH-MLE RT booked cash with QR. QR agent said bags will not check through, but that I will have no trouble collecting bags and checking into next flight in DOH, despite that Doha has travel restrictions in place (made it sound like I could accomplish everything airside) Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Look at QR Interlining (Baggage)
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Apologies if this has already been asked on the forum but I can't seem to find it. Is the Al Safwa lounge open at Doha Airport?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
Apologies if this has already been asked on the forum but I can't seem to find it. Is the Al Safwa lounge open at Doha Airport?
No, closed at the moment. Only the Al Mourjan is open.
Alchemist007 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:53 pm

I am planning LAX-DOH-MLE on QR in J (R class) sometime in the next few months and wonder if I should credit the miles to my existing AA or CX program or my newly-opened QR Privilege Club account.

I have no status on AA or CX currently and am a QR newbie. It looks like all the programs have different earning and redeeming rates for miles, as well as elite qualification thresholds.

Any insight on the pros and cons of earning and redeeming miles on the QR program vs. AA or CX would be greatly appreciated.

I am Lifetime Gold on UA and do not need to chase status with Star Alliance. Going forward, I will choose airlines based on best value for money, mostly in J long haul and Y short haul. I like CX, have read great things about QR, and normally avoid AA if possible. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.