Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Sep 1, 20, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Thanks.

On another note, if I decide to keep the ticket for travel at a later date in 2021, can I change the date again if UK citizens are still not granted entry at the date close to the rescheduled departure? My ticket is from OSL to HND via DOH (with a stopover in Doha on the way back) - none of the three countries are currently allowing unrestricted entry to UK citizens.
Old Sep 1, 20, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by higham44 View Post
Thanks.

On another note, if I decide to keep the ticket for travel at a later date in 2021, can I change the date again if UK citizens are still not granted entry at the date close to the rescheduled departure? My ticket is from OSL to HND via DOH (with a stopover in Doha on the way back) - none of the three countries are currently allowing unrestricted entry to UK citizens.
This depends on Qatar extending their current policy into next year. Based upon their existing policy of having a flexible policy statement for their customers you would probably wager that they would extend it, but you also need to be aware that in practice getting the policy enforced as it's wn is a bit hit or miss, especially changing destinations. But there is always the risk that the policy is not extended or its changed which they can do with no notice.
Old Sep 3, 20, 1:56 pm

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Has anyone flown from GRU (or any other origin that requires a negative covid test prior to departure) recently? I just had my flight cancelled and am trying to ascertain when is the latest I can leave with the negative covid certificate that I got this morning. The website says "issued within 96 hours", the call canter has confirmed that this is indeed correct. I do, however, wonder if the check in agents will actually look at the test administered date (which in my humble opinion makes a lot more sense), rather than the issued date? Any personal experience?
Old Sep 8, 20, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Hi all,
I apologise if this has been already discussed, if I fly in economy BKK-DOH-LHR how likely am I going to be upgraded for free as an Emerald member/BAEC Gold?
Iíve always been upgraded either Premium Economy to Business or Economy to PE with BA and CX on flights ex Asia but I donít have any experience with QR. And there is no PE. Thanks
Old Sep 8, 20, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Protocol7 View Post
Hi all,
I apologise if this has been already discussed, if I fly in economy BKK-DOH-LHR how likely am I going to be upgraded for free as an Emerald member/BAEC Gold?
Iíve always been upgraded either Premium Economy to Business or Economy to PE with BA and CX on flights ex Asia but I donít have any experience with QR. And there is no PE. Thanks
QR don't really recognise OneWorld status for upgrades. While you have a very very small chance, it probably rounds to 0% still - so don't get your hopes up.
Old Sep 8, 20, 8:54 am

Ok thanks, thatís a very clear answer, I wonder if I should go business or economy since Iíll probably have a all row for myself and same lounge access as business atm.

Last edited by Protocol7; Sep 8, 20 at 9:24 am
Old Sep 8, 20, 9:31 am

Programs: CX
Ok thanks, that’s a very clear answer, I wonder if I should go business or economy since I’ll probably have a all row for myself and same lounge access as business atm.
Some QR routes actually have quite a high passenger load such as the DOH->LHR so don't have your hopes up, but I'd book Economy and look out for an online upgrade offer prior to travel, the price is usually slightly better than booking business directly. (That is if promo fare not available and you are not intending to collect miles on an upgraded class)
Old Sep 8, 20, 9:44 am

It sounds better to go with business then since upgrades promotions will be for each individual leg I guess, right? . Atm the one way fare itís 1150 EUR
Old Sep 8, 20, 11:01 am

Programs: CX
It sounds better to go with business then since upgrades promotions will be for each individual leg I guess, right? . Atm the one way fare itís 1150 EUR
Upgrade offer is given out to individual leg correct, but most of the time i received offers for both legs and a discount for accepting both segments.

1150EUR sounds like a good deal for BKK - DOH - LHR so definitely take that.
Old Sep 8, 20, 11:32 am

Thanks very much for your help and advice, Iíll book that fare since I think the upgrade offer will probably be more expensive over all.
Old Sep 8, 20, 1:21 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Just to add: The upgraded segments don't qualify for lounge access on its own (so you can't access QR's premium lounges).
Old Sep 8, 20, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Recently flew MNL DOH JFK in Qsuites. Just wondering how common it is to arrive in DOH and deplane without a jet bridge? I was a bit surprised to have deplane using stairs and being bused to the terminal. Clearing transfers immigration was a breeze, we basically just walked right through.
Old Sep 8, 20, 9:40 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by craig44485 View Post
Recently flew MNL DOH JFK in Qsuites. Just wondering how common it is to arrive in DOH and deplane without a jet bridge? I was a bit surprised to have deplane using stairs and being bused to the terminal. Clearing transfers immigration was a breeze, we basically just walked right through.
It is relatively common - my estimate is around 25% of the time (the routes I fly are normally served by 787s, 777s and A350s). IIRC it mostly happens with the 787s.
Old Sep 9, 20, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
This was on a 777.
Old Sep 10, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
I don't think the aircraft type really matters in the apron v gate lottery at Doha. Although I do think they did try to avoid bussing the A380s when they were operating, which are are not at the moment.
craig44485 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: