Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is a general recommendation from QR to only have checked luggage, though certain routes can have stricter requirements. .

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/safety-measures.html
So I am booked Australia - DOH - Germany on two separate reservations/tickets on QR

What would be my destination?

How do I check the baggage requirements at my "destination", as some "destinations" do not allow hand luggage.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC
I am fairly certain Italy is a destination that currently restricts hand luggage, effectively banning the use of the overhead lockers on flights to/from that country except for passengers personal item if you are in the front row or exit row seats where you are not permitted to stow items under a seat.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mlqsko
So I am booked Australia - DOH - Germany on two separate reservations/tickets on QR

What would be my destination?

How do I check the baggage requirements at my "destination", as some "destinations" do not allow hand luggage.
You'd probably need to check all three, Australia, Doha, Germany.

I would expect Timatec would have all the requirements. United's Timatic link is pretty good. For those not in the know, Timatic is the system your check in agent is looking at to know what rules to check that you fulfil.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...le=1&i=TIMATIC
Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
CPH-Flyer thanks for sharing the link. Do you know if the information contained is live? I see United and QR seem to match, but unless I am doing something wrong both seem different than the latest updates I see from the link below. Perhaps they are off by a couple of days rather than current info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
CPH-Flyer thanks for sharing the link. Do you know if the information contained is live? I see United and QR seem to match, but unless I am doing something wrong both seem different than the latest updates I see from the link below. Perhaps they are off by a couple of days rather than current info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm
I am not sure of each link's update frequency, normally it is not an issue. These days things sometimes change quicker than the eye blinks, so it suddenly becomes relevant. I have found errors in the IATA map when it was just published. Unless they query live in database, there is a risk that things can chnage between the updates.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:36 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I am not sure of each link's update frequency, normally it is not an issue. These days things sometimes change quicker than the eye blinks, so it suddenly becomes relevant. I have found errors in the IATA map when it was just published. Unless they query live in database, there is a risk that things can chnage between the updates.
Right, the IATA map is not always current either. Sometimes I am aware of a recent update but what they show can be obsolete. However when they do update, it seems to update with the correct info. Sounds like all 3 sources UA QR IATA are not always perfect in different ways.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:50 pm

You'd probably need to check all three, Australia, Doha, Germany.

I would expect Timatec would have all the requirements. United's Timatic link is pretty good. For those not in the know, Timatic is the system your check in agent is looking at to know what rules to check that you fulfil.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...le=1&i=TIMATIC
QR confirmed there are no restrictions on the said route.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
I thought it was a global thing in the wake of the virus "to speed up boarding and disembarking and minimise the risk of transmission”, but I could be mistaken.
Just a quick follow up, as QR finally replied to me via DM on Twitter last night. Me: " What are your current carry on baggage rules? Are the smaller luggages with wheels allowed on board for your MNL>DOH and DOH>JFK flights in August?"
QR; " They are allowed within certain dimensions. Please visit http://bit.ly/2Sn0keS for more details. Thank you for reaching us."
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by craig44485
Just a quick follow up, as QR finally replied to me via DM on Twitter last night. Me: " What are your current carry on baggage rules? Are the smaller luggages with wheels allowed on board for your MNL>DOH and DOH>JFK flights in August?"
QR; " They are allowed within certain dimensions. Please visit http://bit.ly/2Sn0keS for more details. Thank you for reaching us."
Sounds like a "by the book" reply. It'd be good to know what really happens if anyone has pushed the limits.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Sounds like a "by the book" reply. It'd be good to know what really happens if anyone has pushed the limits.
Guess I will find out on my flights August 12.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 6:59 pm

Hi all, my Gold status is due to renew in July 2020, I already have enough q points to renew. I had 12 Q Credits remaining in my account. Back in April, I got that email about them renewing my Gold status early and it would run up to July 2021. At this point, the 12 Q credits disappeared and a new allowance of 40 were added, despite the fact it should have just added the 40 to the 12, since my year hadn't expired yet.

Now, I checked my account again and the 40 Q Credits are gone and replaced by the 12 again. Is this just typical QR IT gore or did they backtrack on that?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, my Gold status is due to renew in July 2020, I already have enough q points to renew. I had 12 Q Credits remaining in my account. Back in April, I got that email about them renewing my Gold status early and it would run up to July 2021. At this point, the 12 Q credits disappeared and a new allowance of 40 were added, despite the fact it should have just added the 40 to the 12, since my year hadn't expired yet.

Now, I checked my account again and the 40 Q Credits are gone and replaced by the 12 again. Is this just typical QR IT gore or did they backtrack on that?
Going by memory, but I feel like my total went from 60, to 120, to 60 again, and then back to 120.

And confirmed, while typing this post, my total is now 120. Since 60 is the number you get for platinum, that's two years' worth.

So it could just be the computer having a brain fart, not sure . . .
jah718 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Any help would be appreciated!
I may be reading too much into this - and I know that seat maps don't reflect load.

My flight from BJV-DOH on Aug 22 is zero'd out in all cabins - A320 J is mostly full and Y has 4 seats taken, the rest is open/empty.
Is it possible that every other Y passenger hasn't selected a seat!? Or should I be worried that they're about to cancel my flight? Or is this a semi private flight situation - where the J passengers are important enough to block the rest of the plane? Or may could they simply be reloading the fares? So much uncertainty, I should just stop checking...
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Any help would be appreciated!
I may be reading too much into this - and I know that seat maps don't reflect load.

My flight from BJV-DOH on Aug 22 is zero'd out in all cabins - A320 J is mostly full and Y has 4 seats taken, the rest is open/empty.
Is it possible that every other Y passenger hasn't selected a seat!? Or should I be worried that they're about to cancel my flight? Or is this a semi private flight situation - where the J passengers are important enough to block the rest of the plane? Or may could they simply be reloading the fares? So much uncertainty, I should just stop checking...
In these pandemic times it's quitte common to find zero'd flights to DOH but availability when combining the same flight with another one out of DOH.
My guess is that QR just want to prevent customers to buy a ticket they won't be able to use because Qatar borders are closed. For Qatari residents who want to return home, I guess the workaround is to call QR to book the flight, so they can check you will be able to enter Qatar before selling you the ticket.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by Matt4
In these pandemic times it's quitte common to find zero'd flights to DOH but availability when combining the same flight with another one out of DOH.
Searched exactly that and you're completely right. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.