Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
Upgrade is available only when standard award is available. If only Q2 (double Qmiles) award is available, no upgrade is available.
thanks for the info, what is the difference between q2 and standard award? also how do i find standard award space?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog
thanks for the info, what is the difference between q2 and standard award? also how do i find standard award space?
Q2 awards require x2 the miles. The rest are standard rewards.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
QR newbie here. Looking at flight in Mar 2021 (paid, business) US to SEZ. I understand the current 'unlimited' change policy applies to flights before Dec 31, 2020. I am wondering what the standard change or cancellation policy would be that applies to my flights in Mar 2021? Research/Googling reveals plenty of info on the current unlimited policy and pretty old info on the standard policy (not sure it is up to date). I realize I would likely pay a change fee and fare difference (that's pretty typical). Wondering about fees and if I would be locked into the destination or I could get a voucher for travel elsewhere on QR? What about a OW partner airline?

Fares are quite good right now and I would like to take advantage, but I am trying to determine the risk (given unknowns of COVID). Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the basic newbie question. But hey...that's the point of this forum.

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
QR newbie here. Looking at flight in Mar 2021 (paid, business) US to SEZ. I understand the current 'unlimited' change policy applies to flights before Dec 31, 2020. I am wondering what the standard change or cancellation policy would be that applies to my flights in Mar 2021? Research/Googling reveals plenty of info on the current unlimited policy and pretty old info on the standard policy (not sure it is up to date). I realize I would likely pay a change fee and fare difference (that's pretty typical). Wondering about fees and if I would be locked into the destination or I could get a voucher for travel elsewhere on QR? What about a OW partner airline?

Fares are quite good right now and I would like to take advantage, but I am trying to determine the risk (given unknowns of COVID). Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the basic newbie question. But hey...that's the point of this forum.

Thanks!
The current policy until 31st December is much more flexible than normal. If it does not get extended into next year (and hopefully it won't because that means the world is much healthier) then any changes you may want to make will be subject to the fare rules and penalties of the specific ticket you buy (unless your flight is cancelled).

If you make a dummy booking you will see more than one fare option per cabin class, and each of those options will have different penalties. Usually the lower the ticket price the higher the penalties. Only you can decide which price/flexibility trade off works for you.

Without any extension to the current policy free voluntary rerouting and vouchers are unlikely. You would have to take a refund and rebook, or pay the extra to amend your reservation. Anything other than cash is unlikely to be usable on another airline.

​​​​​
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Platinum
Sorry for a potentially stuipid or redundant question, I was trying to read through the info on qatars website but could not wrap my head around it. I am a new Platinum member and added my wife under the family program with her passport number (there was nowhere to put her qatar membership number). Is my consumption correct that she does not even need a own membership account and the system automatically recognizes her by the passport number and her miles are added to my account? Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Plissken
Sorry for a potentially stuipid or redundant question, I was trying to read through the info on qatars website but could not wrap my head around it. I am a new Platinum member and added my wife under the family program with her passport number (there was nowhere to put her qatar membership number). Is my consumption correct that she does not even need a own membership account and the system automatically recognizes her by the passport number and her miles are added to my account? Thanks!
She needs a QRPC member number, otherwise you will never get the miles from her flights.
Unfortunatly, the form to add a family member is missing the field for the QRPC number... Or maybe they will ask it to you after checking the information you submited...
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:03 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Plissken
Hello,

Upon successfully nominating your family members, they will be issued with a Privilege Club Burgundy family membership number, which will be linked to your main member account. The membership number should then be added in their reservation when they travel to ensure these miles are credited to the main member account.
For more information on our family program, please visit https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...programme.html
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:59 am

hello. Do you answer PMs, or just public messages? I sent you one in case you can reply. Thanks.

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hello,

Upon successfully nominating your family members, they will be issued with a Privilege Club Burgundy family membership number, which will be linked to your main member account. The membership number should then be added in their reservation when they travel to ensure these miles are credited to the main member account.
For more information on our family program, please visit https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...programme.html
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Quick question for the more seasoned QR/Doha travelers.

We're booked from BJV-DOH and DOH-ORD on two separate tickets, planning to stay the night at the Oryx. We will likely have to check luggage, but we could avoid if needed.
My question is - what happens to our luggage at DOH? Can they check it all the way through even though it's two separate tickets? Is that something for the airport/check in agent to do?
Or is this impossible and we'll need to collect and recheck? In which case, how do we do that if we can't enter Qatar...?

Any advice welcome.
Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Quick question for the more seasoned QR/Doha travelers.

We're booked from BJV-DOH and DOH-ORD on two separate tickets, planning to stay the night at the Oryx. We will likely have to check luggage, but we could avoid if needed.
My question is - what happens to our luggage at DOH? Can they check it all the way through even though it's two separate tickets? Is that something for the airport/check in agent to do?
Or is this impossible and we'll need to collect and recheck? In which case, how do we do that if we can't enter Qatar...?

Any advice welcome.
Thanks
If all QR flights, they can and will check them through if you ask and especially if you can't enter Qatar.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by mlqsko
If all QR flights, they can and will check them through if you ask and especially if you can't enter Qatar.
Yes, all QR flights. That's great, thank you!
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:15 pm

I know Qatar offers free stopovers in Doha. If I book business class and change planes in Doha and Nairobi, can I do free stopovers in each city? I'm not looking for a free hotel. Thank you in advance for your expertise.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MsEllie
I know Qatar offers free stopovers in Doha. If I book business class and change planes in Doha and Nairobi, can I do free stopovers in each city? I'm not looking for a free hotel. Thank you in advance for your expertise.
Depends on the actual route you're going to take.
Some routes do not even have a right for a stopover over 24 hours in DOH.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Depends on the actual route you're going to take.
Some routes do not even have a right for a stopover over 24 hours in DOH.
DFW>DOH>NAI>ZNZ and then reverse for the return.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MsEllie
DFW>DOH>NAI>ZNZ and then reverse for the return.
Unfortunately, no stopovers permitted ( including DOH ) on the DFW-ZNZ routing.
On most fares loaded after COVID, this is the situation.
MsEllie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.