Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mitsuruhk
Hello ISTflyer!
I'm so sorry and forgot to list so,
HKG-SFO in F, SFO-LAX in Y
HKG-LHR in F, LHR-CDG in Y
and I have no OW status which could grant me lounge access.

Additionally..could I access BA CCR in LHR in case? Earlier I called BA once and they told me the access of CCR would be based on the class I'm on departing flight instead of the incoming one, while I saw some folks shared that they could get in CCR with their incoming F boarding pass so I'm a bit confused now..

Thank you so much!
In SFO, unfortunately, you would not be able to access any of the lounges. If your HKG-SFO leg was in AA, you would have been able to access the Admirals Club but as you're flying CX, you would not be able to access any of the lounges based on your F flight from HKG to SFO.

In LHR, yes, you could access the CCR but you would need to present your long-haul F boarding pass to the lounge attendant so do not throw it until you enter the lounge. Also, to benefit from the Elemis Spa, you would need to present your long-haul boarding pass as well.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:06 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
In SFO, unfortunately, you would not be able to access any of the lounges. If your HKG-SFO leg was in AA, you would have been able to access the Admirals Club but as you're flying CX, you would not be able to access any of the lounges based on your F flight from HKG to SFO.

In LHR, yes, you could access the CCR but you would need to present your long-haul F boarding pass to the lounge attendant so do not throw it until you enter the lounge. Also, to benefit from the Elemis Spa, you would need to present your long-haul boarding pass as well.
But on oneworld.com they mentioned that Admirals Club opens to all oneworld flyers with J/F boarding pass?
How about HKG-LAX(F) and LAX-SFO(Y), I did see my friend could enter QF F lounge in LAX with the F boarding pass, but I'm not sure.
Do you know how they judge the policy of "connecting before 6am following day"? Whether it's defined by the departing date or the date of arrival..Because I could think of when taking JL LAX-HND in F and people connecting after this flight may lose the lounge access as it would be the next day arrival?

For LHR CCR access, so I'm still able to gain the access for it even when I'm travelling on Y for departing flight (LHR-CDG)?

Sorry I'm just confused on the terms of it as I get different answers among different channels...Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
But on oneworld.com they mentioned that Admirals Club opens to all oneworld flyers with J/F boarding pass?
How about HKG-LAX(F) and LAX-SFO(Y), I did see my friend could enter QF F lounge in LAX with the F boarding pass, but I'm not sure.
That is for lounge access based on departure, not lounge access based on arrival.
Same situation there, if your friend has Emerald status, he would be admitted to the QF F Lounge in LAX based on status, not travel class.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in AA First, he would be admitted to the Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in CX First, no lounge access at LAX

Do you know how they judge the policy of "connecting before 6am following day"? Whether it's defined by the departing date or the date of arrival..Because I could think of when taking JL LAX-HND in F and people connecting after this flight may lose the lounge access as it would be the next day arrival?
I assume that you are traveling on seperate tickets for HKG-SFO and SFO-LAX; when they scan your boarding pass, the system allows or disallows the passenger.

For LHR CCR access, so I'm still able to gain the access for it even when I'm travelling on Y for departing flight (LHR-CDG)?

Sorry I'm just confused on the terms of it as I get different answers among different channels...Thanks for your help!
Yes, you would be able to access the CCR, however, you would need to present your F boarding pass to the lounge agent, simply scanning your LHR-CDG boarding pass at the CCR would not work.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:11 am

That is for lounge access based on departure, not lounge access based on arrival.
Same situation there, if your friend has Emerald status, he would be admitted to the QF F Lounge in LAX based on status, not travel class.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in AA First, he would be admitted to the Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in CX First, no lounge access at LAX

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Oh really..I thought it means I could gain lounge access connecting as long as I arrived with a long haul international F boarding pass.
I understand that CCR only opens to BA F and flagship first dining only opens to AA F, but when it comes to other lounges like LAX QF F one, shouldn't it stick to the rule above as long as both incoming/departure flights were operated by an oneworld carrier (CX/JL etc) with one of them is long haul F?
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I have totally no clues now..
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Oh really..I thought it means I could gain lounge access connecting as long as I arrived with a long haul international F boarding pass.
I understand that CCR only opens to BA F and flagship first dining only opens to AA F, but when it comes to other lounges like LAX QF F one, shouldn't it stick to the rule above as long as both incoming/departure flights were operated by an oneworld carrier (CX/JL etc) with one of them is long haul F?
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I have totally no clues now..
As you are arriving at 22:20 at SFO and the earliest AA flight from SFO to LAX is at 06:30 on 30 Dec ( later than 06:00 ), the policy above would not apply to you. Sorry, that I did not clarify this on the previous posts. Also as you are not considered as a transfer passenger ( separate tickets ) so only departure based lounge access is possible for your situation.

BA CCR for BA F is an exception and not related to the oneworld lounge policy.

Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:48 am

As you are arriving at 22:20 at SFO and the earliest AA flight from SFO to LAX is at 06:30 on 30 Dec ( later than 06:00 ), the policy above would not apply to you. Sorry, that I did not clarify this on the previous posts. Also as you are not considered as a transfer passenger ( separate tickets ) so only departure based lounge access is possible for your situation.

BA CCR for BA F is an exception and not related to the oneworld lounge policy.
Exactly! Given the flight was scheduled to depart HKG at 0045 (12/30) and arriving at SFO at 22:20 (12/30), connecting the earliest flight like you mention like at 0630 (12/30), it is still 12/30 which is the same as departure. Otherwise if it counts the arrival time, I'd wonder those arriving on next day on a like red-eye flights while they need to connect to other oneworld carriers? It seems they are going to lose their lounge access as well?

Holding a separate ticket is different to those with the same ticket? I thought would be both boarding pass with the same name while one would be long haul F, then they'll let you in. shock
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:39 pm

Newbie question;

I am looking to travel SVG-AMS-DOH-KUL-BWN in July, with QR operating AMS-DOH-KUL. .. KUL seems to allow transit if the luggage is checked to the final destination, and that boarding passes are issued. Would QR in AMS be able to issue boarding passes for the BI flight operating KUL-BWN..?

Thanks,
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, QR Privilege Club Gold, Hilton Gold
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the QRPC program (just got status matched) and was wondering how do you search for award availability on Qatar without any Qmiles in your account?
Also, how can you ensure there is upgrade availability to J (using QCredits) before purchasing a Y class ticket?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Tony922
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the QRPC program (just got status matched) and was wondering how do you search for award availability on Qatar without any Qmiles in your account?
Also, how can you ensure there is upgrade availability to J (using QCredits) before purchasing a Y class ticket?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
You can’t search without the miles and you can’t confirm availability without searching. You can ask here (or make a new thread) and someone can help.
Tony922 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You can’t search without the miles and you can’t confirm availability without searching. You can ask here (or make a new thread) and someone can help.
Is this still the case? I asked a few days ago below your post in this thread:

Upgrade availability KUL-DOH-LHR

To clarify what I posted there, I can see"Q2" awards on that screenshot (in Economy), but doesn't the absence of the "Q2"symbol mean there are regular Rewards in Business? If there was nothing in Business it wouldn't be selectable in a Reward search surely?
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Newbie here, was wondering what is the best way to find upgrade availability. I did check use Qmiles as a dummy query just to search for available upgrade inventory but when I did book the ticket. I can't upgrade.. Does that mean someone has booked the seat between the time I did the query and when I got ticketed?
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Is this still the case? I asked a few days ago below your post in this thread:

Upgrade availability KUL-DOH-LHR

To clarify what I posted there, I can see"Q2" awards on that screenshot (in Economy), but doesn't the absence of the "Q2"symbol mean there are regular Rewards in Business? If there was nothing in Business it wouldn't be selectable in a Reward search surely?
That's correct, there's a saver business class award/upgrade availability but not in economy as per the screenshot I posted. But you need miles in your QR account to search.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
That's correct, there's a saver business class award/upgrade availability but not in economy as per the screenshot I posted. But you need miles in your QR account to search.
I just searched now, i have 0 miles but I can.

By the way, it did show availability right now, but when I did my upgrade SYD-DOH wasn't available...

Flight search

Last edited by scrappydog; Jun 18, 2020 at 4:05 am Reason: include image
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog

By the way, it did show availability right now, but when I did my upgrade SYD-DOH wasn't available...

Flight search
Well this is new to me
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by scrappydog

Flight search
Upgrade is available only when standard award is available. If only Q2 (double Qmiles) award is available, no upgrade is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.