Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by IamOmni
Hello!

I am new to flyertalk and will be flying QR for my first time in few days time, please go easy on me haha. (its essential travelling)

Just paid cash upgrade for the email upgrade offer, and I know I won't be able to access AM lounge in DOH. Wondering whether anyone who paid cash upgrade managed to access other OW lounges instead (not with status)?

Many thanks
Currently, the only open lounge in DOH is Al Mourjan. Al Safwa, the Business ( Sapphire ) and the First ( Emerald ) lounges are closed.
For your actual question, I have no idea.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Currently, the only open lounge in DOH is Al Mourjan. Al Safwa, the Business ( Sapphire ) and the First ( Emerald ) lounges are closed.
If someone would normally have access to the Sapphire or Emerald lounges, are they getting sent to Al Mourjan instead? Or are they told to get stuffed?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rberk
If someone would normally have access to the Sapphire or Emerald lounges, are they getting sent to Al Mourjan instead? Or are they told to get stuffed?
Yes, that is the case for the moment.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Trying to get from ORD to BJV in mid July in J on miles. The obvious choice would be TK I'm just not sure I can trust that they'll be flying? They're not flying international yet, though there seem to be rumblings about starting again. In which case we're looking at routing via DOH (with a lay over at Oryx sadly). My question is, how regularly is the ORd-DOH flight going, consistently enough to book with less concern? And then, same for IST, is it flying? How often? Any feedback on any of this would be welcome. (and yes, TK and QR both have miles seats available around the dates we're looking at for the time being).
Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
QR currently has a daily flight to ORD. According to routesonline, QR will cancel its planned DOH-BJV flight.

Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:56 pm

TK will be flying in a month.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Trying to get from ORD to BJV in mid July in J on miles. The obvious choice would be TK I'm just not sure I can trust that they'll be flying? They're not flying international yet, though there seem to be rumblings about starting again. In which case we're looking at routing via DOH (with a lay over at Oryx sadly). My question is, how regularly is the ORd-DOH flight going, consistently enough to book with less concern? And then, same for IST, is it flying? How often? Any feedback on any of this would be welcome. (and yes, TK and QR both have miles seats available around the dates we're looking at for the time being).
Thank you!
Originally Posted by mlqsko
TK will be flying in a month.
ORD-DOH is running, QR would resume DOH-IST would resume on June 15.
TK is already flying domestic so no issue on IST-BJV.

Also, TK is resuming ORD-IST on 20 June with x3 weekly.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:09 am

Thank you, everyone! I guess part of my question is also 'wait and see' as TK seems to be pushing back international flying - supposed to start yesterday I think but didn't. So would it be safer to fly QR?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, everyone! I guess part of my question is also 'wait and see' as TK seems to be pushing back international flying - supposed to start yesterday I think but didn't. So would it be safer to fly QR?
TK started international flights today. The push-back news on the media was false.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:05 am

TK started international flights today. The push-back news on the media was false.
Interesting, thank you for the news. So the 3x flights from ORD are likely to start in that case? I realize there are no guarantees, you seem to have good info, thank you!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, thank you for the news. So the 3x flights from ORD are likely to start in that case? I realize there are no guarantees, you seem to have good info, thank you!
Yes, TK verified that they would start flights to ORD on 19 Jun ( ORD-IST on 20 Jun ) today on their website. See the TK M&S board for more info.
By the way, QR would also resume DOH-IST tomorrow ( 13 Jun ) and this is now confirmed.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
How long does it take from requesting the redemption to getting the email confirming the details?

It's been 84 hours and still no reply...
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:28 am

Good day everyone!
Trying to figure out the policies of oneworld lounge access policy when planning the RTW itin for next year, as "connecting on same day or before 6am next day" is clearly stated.
But I'd wonder how they judge or define so called "connecting before 6am the following day" policy in cases below.

1. 12/30 CX HKG-SFO 0045-2220(-1)
As I am arriving at SFO on 12/29, will I still gain the access in SFO lounges if I'm connecting another leg of SFO-LAX on 12/30?

2. 12/30 BA HKG-LHR 2345-0455(+1)
As I am arriving at LHR on 12/31, will I still gain the access in LHR lounges if I'm connecting another leg of LHR-CDG on 12/31?

Thank you very much!
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitsuruhk
Good day everyone!
Trying to figure out the policies of oneworld lounge access policy when planning the RTW itin for next year, as "connecting on same day or before 6am next day" is clearly stated.
But I'd wonder how they judge or define so called "connecting before 6am the following day" policy in cases below.

1. 12/30 CX HKG-SFO 0045-2220(-1)
As I am arriving at SFO on 12/29, will I still gain the access in SFO lounges if I'm connecting another leg of SFO-LAX on 12/30?

2. 12/30 BA HKG-LHR 2345-0455(+1)
As I am arriving at LHR on 12/31, will I still gain the access in LHR lounges if I'm connecting another leg of LHR-CDG on 12/31?

Thank you very much!
Hi mitsuruhk and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Which travel class are you flying on all of the 4 flights that you've indicated?
Do you have any Privilege Club or oneworld status to access the lounge?

With this information, I would be able to help you further.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:43 am

Hi mitsuruhk and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Which travel class are you flying on all of the 4 flights that you've indicated?
Do you have any Privilege Club or oneworld status to access the lounge?

With this information, I would be able to help you further.
Hello ISTflyer!
I'm so sorry and forgot to list so,
HKG-SFO in F, SFO-LAX in Y
HKG-LHR in F, LHR-CDG in Y
and I have no OW status which could grant me lounge access.

Additionally..could I access BA CCR in LHR in case? Earlier I called BA once and they told me the access of CCR would be based on the class I'm on departing flight instead of the incoming one, while I saw some folks shared that they could get in CCR with their incoming F boarding pass so I'm a bit confused now..

Thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.