Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by thirdfromright
I am slated to fly on DFW-DOH-DEL on QR on 3/25.

(Snip)

Any inputs on what could have happened here and what should I do next? Should I call QR customer care or just wait?

P.S. Ticket was booked by my company's travel desk, but it has my contact information on it.
What does QR manage my booking show for your itinerary?

I think your best bet will be to contact the out of hours desk for your corporate travel agent as that who you have a contract with. A 2nd bet would be QR as it is nearing the time when the ticket will transfer to airport control, but your TA is ultimately responsible.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by plunet
What does QR manage my booking show for your itinerary?

I think your best bet will be to contact the out of hours desk for your corporate travel agent as that who you have a contract with. A 2nd bet would be QR as it is nearing the time when the ticket will transfer to airport control, but your TA is ultimately responsible.
QR Manage My booking still shows the original itinerary. I contacted both QR and my corporate travel desk and both confirmed that there have been no changes to the itinerary.
plunet likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
However, the statement in the email from BA is correct, if you don't have an Indian passport, you can't enter India. So if you don't, you will be denied boarding at DFW.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:02 pm

no refund offered, i'm not even sure if there is a business class offering on this flight, my understanding is some flights have it and some don't. to be honest if i am able to fly at all i will be happy, i have let go of the disappointment of probably not getting on the 4 Qsuites I booked - right now with whats going on in the world I would be happy to get to Samui and home. Thank you for your answers I appreciate your time
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by aritrixa
Apologize for being out of the lounge topic.

OP paid for business class all the way through Koh Samui, and now OP was informed that BKK-Koh Samui is downgraded to Economy.
1. Shouldn't OP keep "business pax" status entitlement?
2. Did OP get some refund? Otherwise it will be an expensive economy ticket.

no refund offered, i'm not even sure if there is a business class offering on this flight, my understanding is some flights have it and some don't. to be honest if i am able to fly at all i will be happy, i have let go of the disappointment of probably not getting on the 4 Qsuites I booked - right now with whats going on in the world I would be happy to get to Samui and home. Thank you for your answers I appreciate your time
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
However, the statement in the email from BA is correct, if you don't have an Indian passport, you can't enter India. So if you don't, you will be denied boarding at DFW.
No worries there, I have an Indian passport.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: krisflyer
What are the conditions for QR to allow you to re-book the flight to fly from another destination within 500 miles? And has anyone done it for over 500 miles, say 650 miles-ish?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by makrxx
What are the conditions for QR to allow you to re-book the flight to fly from another destination within 500 miles? And has anyone done it for over 500 miles, say 650 miles-ish?
I called CS to change a PEN-KUL-DOH-TUN to HKG-DOH-CDG and was told the maximum they could do is only waive the change fee, even thought they canceled my DOH-TUN flight. They asked me to pay for the fare difference which was too huge for me to accept so I will just ask a refund/voucher. It was a big change but anything within 500 miles or even a bit more was not doable with recent country entry restrictions.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by makrxx
It is probably easier for people to give a specific answer if you write the exact change you would like to try. Hypothetical questions, often get a hypothesis as an answer.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is probably easier for people to give a specific answer if you write the exact change you would like to try. Hypothetical questions, often get a hypothesis as an answer.
Sorry!

OSL - DOH - SIN, and get it changed to LON - DOH - SIN. Guessing it's a long stretch...
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Q Miles:
Anything about extension of expiring miles? I have some expiring in June and web site seems to want $$$ for extending-
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz
Q Miles:
Anything about extension of expiring miles? I have some expiring in June and web site seems to want $$$ for extending-
That's a good point. I'm in the same position & would appreciate a QR decision. I feel an exploritory email coming on.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:15 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
We were hopeful to see our frequent flyers travel with us again very soon, but we understand COVID-19 continues to make planning travel more difficult than ever. During this ongoing situation, we will continue to monitor any effects or impact this may have on our Privilege Club members.

Please ensure your contact details are up to date in your profile to receive our Privilege Club newsletters.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/P...loginpage.html
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Well....here is reply I received from their "contact centre"- no extensions!

Dear Mr. Zebranz,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you.
We understand your concern; however we regret to inform you that as of now we have do not have any offer to extend the Qmiles.
We request you to write us back closure to your expiry date and we will notify if we have any offer at that time.
Sincerely,
We appreciate your understanding.
Do let us know if we can assist you further.
Sincerely,
Txxxx Mxxxxx
Privilege Club Team
www.qmiles.com
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: QR Plat
I think there is a downturn in aviation going on. I've not seen a single post in here moaning about the quality of wine for over a week. The world must be coming to an end.

-A
flyvirgin and Jgp777 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.