Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:43 am

Megatrix: Are you flying on Qatar Airways at all on this journey from Australia to Prague??
Anyway, you seem to be on two separate bookings: Australia to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific economy, and Hong Kong to Helsinki to Prague on Finnair business class.
Regarding your luggage, when you check in for your Cathay Pacific flights in Australia, ask the check in staff to tag your luggage all the way to Prague. Cathay Pacific is one of the rare OneWorld airlines that is willing to do this. You will have to show them your Finnair booking details. If the check in staff don't do this, or can't do this, you will have to collect your luggage in Hong Kong and check them in again.
Regarding boarding passes, as long as all your flights are open for check in, then you can ask to collect all your boarding passes in Australia. This should be routine if the check in staff tag your luggage all the way to Prague. If not, as CPH-Flyer said in post #4384 , you can go to the trasfer desk in Hong Kong airport, and ask them to print the boarding passes that you don't have.
Regarding accessing OneWorld lounges in Hong Kong airport, there is no need to book or reserve online. As long as you have your Finnair Business class boarding pass HKG - HEL, you are granted free entry.

Last edited by Yanshuf; Mar 12, 2020 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Megatrix: Are you flying on Qatar Airways at all on this journey from Australia to Prague??
No i didn't mention Qater airline. I said Cathay pacific Australia to HK and in HK Finnair all the way to helsinki and another finnair flight to prague.. via asia all booking by finnair. By the way i am able to also take 3 luggages even if my first flight from Australia to HK by cathay pacific on economy i can take 3 luggage's since this booking is specially made by and responsible by Finnair. As the why i can take 3 luggage's for free? its because i am flying on business class next flight from HK to Helsinki on finnair and again business class finnair Helsinki to Prague.

Not that im wanting to take 3 luggages, But its writen down. So regardless im flying with Cahay pacific at the first place on economy they just accept what finnair said in my booking as this whole booking is by finnair and not Cathay pacific.. However i wouldn't no if there might be any issues from Australia to HK for taking 2 luggage's since each airline has its own rules.. such as only 1 luggage on Cathay pacific on economy... considering im flying economy from australia to HK to start with with CX but all this booking is done by and responsible Finnair. So perhaps i dont need to worry about that 2 luggage's starting from Australia to HK as CX follows the finnair rules by my bookings since they are all code-shares. Just dont want nasty surprises in Australia by Cathay pacific charging me for the second luggage when literally the ticket indicaes max 3 free luggage's on every flight regardless economy. Its of course a mix fare price between economy and business class on this trip to Europe. Will see about that if unless any issues or that CX didn't follow the finnair rules on my behalf of the whole booking. As this is not a while CX booking. Just Finnair. Basically CX (Cathay pacifitc) just takes me to HK to get there by Finnair. As the rest if finnair bookings merching with CX at the start. t
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:34 am

Megatrix: you have posted on the wrong forum. This is the Qatar Airways forum. You should post your question(s) on the Finnair forum, where there are people who are very experienced and knowledgeable, and who can provide you with more accurate and helpful answers.

Now it seems that you have a single booking on Finnair flight numbers from Australia to Hong Kong to Helsinki to Prague, with the first leg operated by Cathay Pacific. The Cathay Pacific check in staff will tag your luggage all the way to Prague. As for your checked in luggage allowance, you are right that Finnair does allow its Business class passengers to check in 3 pieces of luggage. Given that the most significant leg of your journey seems to be Hong Kong to Helsinki (I don't know which airport in Australia is your starting point), then Finnair's luggage rules should prevail over Cathay Pacific. Again, I don't know for sure, as I have never flown Finnair and I have never flown a mixed cabin journey. You must ask your questions in the Finnair forum.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Megatrix: you have posted on the wrong forum. This is the Qatar Airways forum. You should post your question(s) on the Finnair forum, where there are people who are very experienced and knowledgeable, and who can provide you with more accurate and helpful answers.
I tried to flag this to the moderators to have it moved to the Finnair forum. Let's see.
466SHH likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Now it seems that you have a single booking on Finnair flight numbers from Australia to Hong Kong to Helsinki to Prague, with the first leg operated by Cathay Pacific. The Cathay Pacific check in staff will tag your luggage all the way to Prague. As for your checked in luggage allowance, you are right that Finnair does allow its Business class passengers to check in 3 pieces of luggage. Given that the most significant leg of your journey seems to be Hong Kong to Helsinki (I don't know which airport in Australia is your starting point), then Finnair's luggage rules should prevail over Cathay Pacific. Again, I don't know for sure, as I have never flown Finnair and I have never flown a mixed cabin journey. You must ask your questions in the Finnair forum.

Thanks.

Im sorry people i really didn't realised i was in the Qatar part of the forum.. Not sure how that has happened.. surely i knew i selected the finnair part of the forum for this as it is all about finnair and lounges. So again my apologies but i do greatly thanks to everyone for your support. I will ask in the finnair part of the forum......................................
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Thank you all for the patience with our OP.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: Qantas
Hi all,
We are 2 pax travelling MEL-DOH-CDG & MUN-DOH-SIN in August.
Our fare class on our tickets is "U" - can anyone shed any light on whether we will be able to pay to enter the Al Safwa and/or Al Mourjan lounges in Doha?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear
Hi all,
We are 2 pax travelling MEL-DOH-CDG & MUN-DOH-SIN in August.
Our fare class on our tickets is "U" - can anyone shed any light on whether we will be able to pay to enter the Al Safwa and/or Al Mourjan lounges in Doha?
Thanks in advance.
I am not sure what U is for a cabin class, however if U is economy, not possible. If that is an award business class on some airline, AM is included and you can pay for AS. at 650 QAR per person I struggle to find value in it now. Though if you are considering the transit hotel, it is a good alternative.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: Qantas
Thanks for your response! It is indeed an Award Business trip (booked via Qantas Frequent Flyer programme) - 650QAR is a little steep, with a ~7 hour stopover in each direction I think we'll opt for the AM lounge instead of a transit hotel
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:43 am

Hi all, I am trying to get my head around baggage allowances. I am planning to fly Sydney - Paris with Qatar. I am a Qantas Gold (One World Sapphire) member. I cannot find anywhere that explains my check in and and carry one allowances as a one world saphire member on Qatar for this journey. Is anyone able to help shed some light?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:42 am

Manage booking portal lock

When I went to manage my booking it's not letting me access it properly - after entering info it pops up a contact details form, and when I do enter contact details correctly it's always returning an error:

" We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99) The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302) Sorry, We are unable to update your contact details."

this is weird as all I entered was email and phone number, I didn't even enter a frequent flier number.
has anyone experienced this and knows how to get past this site error? is this because it was an AA ticket, or temp website issues they're having?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The systems are probably overloaded, too many people trying to find out what is happening to their plans.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by YAK11
Hi all, I am trying to get my head around baggage allowances. I am planning to fly Sydney - Paris with Qatar. I am a Qantas Gold (One World Sapphire) member. I cannot find anywhere that explains my check in and and carry one allowances as a one world saphire member on Qatar for this journey. Is anyone able to help shed some light?
As a oneworld sapphire you will get 15kg extra bagage allowance over what is specified on your ticket (30kg for economy, 40kg for business or 50kg for first).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by LowLevelElite
When I went to manage my booking it's not letting me access it properly - after entering info it pops up a contact details form, and when I do enter contact details correctly it's always returning an error:

" We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99) The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302) Sorry, We are unable to update your contact details."

this is weird as all I entered was email and phone number, I didn't even enter a frequent flier number.
has anyone experienced this and knows how to get past this site error? is this because it was an AA ticket, or temp website issues they're having?
I already experienced this issue several times as QR website always mess up with award/upgraded tickets when they have 2 frequent flyer numbers, which happens when the miles used for that award/upgraded ticket come from another account than the passenger’s one.
If you only need to select seats, you might try with Finnair or Royal Jordanian websites...
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: M&M
I am slated to fly on DFW-DOH-DEL on QR on 3/25. This morning I received a text and an email from BA stating:

Important information about your booking

Booking Reference: XXXXXX

Dear CustomerDue to recent travel restrictions, only customers travelling with a valid Indian passport will be able to enter India. Please check the Foreign Office website for more detailed information.

When I checked that booking reference, it is for LHR-DEL on BA257 on 3/17. All the Pax details are correct. I have never booked a flight on BA in my entire life and I don't have a visa to enter UK, so I am quite sure, I wouldn't book a one way from LHR. I am wondering, if QR rebooked me on a different date and carrier without informing me and somehow only partial rebooking was done. My booking on QR still shows as confirmed with the original flight numbers.

Any inputs on what could have happened here and what should I do next? Should I call QR customer care or just wait?

P.S. Ticket was booked by my company's travel desk, but it has my contact information on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.