Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by a9504477
Anyone else can't see their PC offers when logged in on the QR website?
Just says "No offers are available for this category" for me for Qatar Airways offers although i can see offers for the other categories (eg. banks although i'm sure their are not applicable to me). In the past this sometimes happened but then typically showed after a page refresh but not seeing anything now for a couple of days.
Same here
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:48 pm

Just says "No offers are available for this category" for me for Qatar Airways offers although i can see offers for the other categories (eg. banks although i'm sure their are not applicable to me). In the past this sometimes happened but then typically showed after a page refresh but not seeing anything now for a couple of days.
same here too
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:28 am

Using business lounge when transferring from budiness to economy on a through ticket.

I have booked a through ticket from bhx to Rep via Doha and Bkk. I booked business but Qatar said as last leg from bkk to rep it was on a flight with only economy seats and that is what I have got. This leg is on Bangkok Airwsys with has a Qatar flight number also. I know I can use a business lounge at bhx and doha. It is not clear, and I cannot get an answer from Qatar Airways, if I can use a business class lounge in bangkok bkk during my layover as I have been flying business but in bkk I am transferring to economy flight. Does anyone have any knowledge to help me?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: Enrich
QR to Oneworld flights

Hi, I'm due to fly QR on Business from KUL to AMS via Doha end of this month and am rethinking whether to rebook in light of recent developments in Iran.

I'm new to BAEC and have also booked four BA flights just to ensure I hit Silver after my AMS + 4 BA flights (AMS-LGW and LHR-MAD).

Could someone advise:
1. What other OneWorld airlines could I go with which would allow me to earn similar TP as Qatar?
2. I tried looking for AA ticketed flights on AA website but nothing showed up for this route. Does anyone know how I could check?
3. Is there anyway to book KUL-HKG-somewhere-AMS by CX? I tried looking online but couldn't find and I'm hoping if someone can point out to me, I'll call my travel agent to book this.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by FelixS
I have booked a through ticket from bhx to Rep via Doha and Bkk. I booked business but Qatar said as last leg from bkk to rep it was on a flight with only economy seats and that is what I have got. This leg is on Bangkok Airwsys with has a Qatar flight number also. I know I can use a business lounge at bhx and doha. It is not clear, and I cannot get an answer from Qatar Airways, if I can use a business class lounge in bangkok bkk during my layover as I have been flying business but in bkk I am transferring to economy flight. Does anyone have any knowledge to help me?
I know that all domestic passengers have lounge access even in Y. Not sure about international
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FelixS
Originally Posted by kq747
I know that all domestic passengers have lounge access even in Y. Not sure about international
No lounge access in BKK. You can try to ask nicely at the QR lounge, though I doubt it will have an effect.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yes, for a few days now... I wanted to check the terms of the current offer before booking - does anyone know for the 2 X qmiles AND 2 X qcredits the book by and fly by dates?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum
offer condition stated on QR website :
  • Sales Period: 7- 15 January 2020.
  • Travel Period: before 10 December 2020
  • This offer is only applicable to Privilege Club main members who have been sent a communication detailing the offer directly from Qatar Airways Privilege Club. Members who have received the communication from other sources are not eligible for this offer.
  • If the passenger is not a Privilege Club member, they can enrol at qmiles.com; offer registration will be available within 24 hours from the time of enrolment.
  • To be eligible for this offer, members need to:
    - Register for this offer at least 24 hours prior to travel by logging into their membership account at qmiles.com and selecting “My offers” from the dashboard menu.
    - Ensure to quote their Privilege Club membership number at the time of booking or check-in.
  • Existing tickets issued prior to the offer booking period will not be eligible for the promotional bonus, if reissued during the offer period.
  • Bookings made on-hold should be purchased within the offer booking period.
  • Members will earn bonus Qmiles over the base Qmiles earned on Qatar Airways during the offer period.
  • Tier bonuses, promotional bonus and family accrued Qmiles will not be taken into account in the calculation of the offer bonus.
  • Bonus Qmiles and Qpoints are calculated based on the combination of booking date, flight date, cabin and booking class purchased.
  • Offer is applicable only for flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
  • In case of overlapping campaigns, members will earn the highest bonus currency.
  • Term currency refers to Qmiles, Qpoints or Qcredits.
  • Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period.
  • Offer is not applicable for tickets booked prior to booking period start date and after booking period end date.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Yes, for a few days now... I wanted to check the terms of the current offer before booking - does anyone know for the 2 X qmiles AND 2 X qcredits the book by and fly by dates?
Today (14.1.2020) I got an email, BUT still not able to see any offers ... [ [color=#000000]No offers are available for this category ]

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-cz/o...0120G1&pcseg=3

Start the year with great savings. Receive great, all-inclusive Economy and Business Class fares and more exclusive offers to help you plan the perfect journey. Book by 20 January 2020.*

Plus, as a Privilege Club member, you will also earn 2x Qmiles across all cabins. If you fly before 31 March 2020, you will enjoy 2x bonus Qpoints. Simply register at least 24 hours prior to travel and we will automatically credit your account once you have flown.
---

Find the perfect offer to plan your next trip and fly with us to memorable places around the world. Book by 20 January 2020 for travel until 10 December 2020.*
  • Sales period: 14 - 20 January 2020.
  • Travel period: 14 January until 10 December 2020.
  • Minimum stay: 3 days
  • Maximum stay: 2 months
  • Lowest fares available only for advance purchase 90 days before departure and more.

I see same stupid problem/trick with Eco-Saver class, it showing class "O" as selected
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No lounge access in BKK. You can try to ask nicely at the QR lounge, though I doubt it will have an effect.
OP is flying Bangkok Airways not QR for final leg so they should have access to the PG lounge
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
OP is flying Bangkok Airways not QR for final leg so they should have access to the PG lounge
From a PG perspective, OP is flying Y so no lounge. And the boutique lounges for all is only on domestic. So the only chance for OP is that the QR lounge will accept an arriving J pax as a guest. Which I do doubt will be successful, but can't hurt asking
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
From a PG perspective, OP is flying Y so no lounge. And the boutique lounges for all is only on domestic. So the only chance for OP is that the QR lounge will accept an arriving J pax as a guest. Which I do doubt will be successful, but can't hurt asking
No personal experience on international PG flights (only domestic) but on the PG website, it says the Boutique lounge by D7 is accessible to all PG Passengers
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No personal experience on international PG flights (only domestic) but on the PG website, it says the Boutique lounge by D7 is accessible to all PG Passengers
Was not there last I had a similar connection from JAL to PG. But good news if they have expanded that.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:34 am

I received the email and I'm trying to use the "Mobile2020" discount code. The app (and website using mobile phone) accept it and indicate offer fares with a little red star. Doing the same booking on my laptop with no code I'm getting exactly the same fares. I've taken the app right through to selecting payment method but still no discount appears.

Is this sharp practice and there's no real saving or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but sometimes I wonder what vitamin supplements people working in revenue management take. I'm currently looking to get from the nordics to Kilimanjaro and back. Normally OSL-DOH-JRO and back can be found for a reasonable penny in business. But now there is some funny business going on.

DOH-JRO-DAR-DOH is flown as a triangle on the same flight number all the way through. There is a decent amount of pax on DOH-JRO, it's almost empty JRO-DAR, and then it's a reasonable load on DAR-DOH. So far so good.
OSL-DOH-JRO prices out nicely at around 1k USD and change.
JRO-DOH-OSL prices out above 2x of OSL-DOH-JRO.
And here comes the funny part: buy a QR issues ticket that flies you wiht Prescision Airways prop JRO-DAR and then rejoin the same flight costs half of what JRO-DAR-DOH costs...

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.