Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I have an upcoming flight in November. Two of my friends will be on the same flight and the connecting flight to Bangkok.

I am a QR Plat. How do I use the Al Maha meet and greet service for them ? and which lounge will they have access to?
You can guest them in to the "First" class lounge (considering you all fly Y, if C then anyway Al Maha is the right place), that one for Platinums in Y ;-) but you have to be with them
For Al Maha Service I am not sure, just mail them, they will tell you - and they answer normally at the same day....

Last edited by Traveller999; Sep 10, 2019 at 4:20 am
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
You can guest them in to the "First" class lounge (considering you all fly Y, if C then anyway Al Maha is the right place), that one for Platinums in Y ;-) but you have to be with them
For Al Maha Service I am not sure, just mail them, they will tell you - and they answer normally at the same day....
Thanks , I am in C but on an upgraded ticket. So the first class lounge will be great.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I recently completed some flights on Qatar. Two days later I got a call from Qatar Airways (I believe), but didn't pick up. Any ideas why they would call? Survey or something?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:28 pm

Can you combine two promo codes on one booking? Specifially, mobile-exclusive UPTO5OFF and one of the miles/points promo codes ongoing right now? I suppose not, but just in case...
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remymartin
I recently completed some flights on Qatar. Two days later I got a call from Qatar Airways (I believe), but didn't pick up. Any ideas why they would call? Survey or something?
There are lots of possible reasons. Why didn't you pick up and find out?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
There are lots of possible reasons. Why didn't you pick up and find out?
I was in a meeting and couldn't pick up. It couldn't have been important, as they have neither called back or contacted with other means (sms, e-mail).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remymartin
I was in a meeting and couldn't pick up. It couldn't have been important, as they have neither called back or contacted with other means (sms, e-mail).
I'm hoping that I get that call from QDF telling me that I won one of their raffles!
mlqsko and plunet like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:35 am

I'm having a difficult time finding out if I should try and get status on QR. I have a couple trips coming up in the next few months that I wanted to book with QR either way, and with their 3x Qpoints promo I might actually obtain status easily. At the moment I have 42QP.
Trip 1: BRU - MLE in eco saver would give me 3x50QP and get me to Silver.
Trip 2: BRU - SEZ in eco saver would give me 3x50QP and get me to Gold?
Trip 3: BEG - HKG in business promo which would get me 3x120QP and get me to Platinum?

This kind of sounds too good to be true as this would cost me less than 2500€ to reach Platinum / OWE? I assume that after reaching Silver, I'll lose all my QP and need an additional 300 to reach Gold. So Platinum would actually be 950QP, correct?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
This kind of sounds too good to be true as this would cost me less than 2500€ to reach Platinum / OWE? I assume that after reaching Silver, I'll lose all my QP and need an additional 300 to reach Gold. So Platinum would actually be 950QP, correct?
No. You need 600 total (in any 365 consecutive days), points do not reset. As you've got 42, you need another 558.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: Some
I completely understand why those who have been targeted are looking to take advantage of these offers but rather than offering Platinum to basically everyone again, I wonder if QR might want to consider actually offering some decent benefits to Platinum instead if they want to encourage people to credit to QRPC. Then again, I've never run a massively loss-making airline, so what do I know?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'm having a difficult time finding out if I should try and get status on QR. I have a couple trips coming up in the next few months that I wanted to book with QR either way, and with their 3x Qpoints promo I might actually obtain status easily. At the moment I have 42QP.
Trip 1: BRU - MLE in eco saver would give me 3x50QP and get me to Silver.
Trip 2: BRU - SEZ in eco saver would give me 3x50QP and get me to Gold?
Trip 3: BEG - HKG in business promo which would get me 3x120QP and get me to Platinum?
Beware the 3XQpoints Promo is only for flights in Business and Not Economy as far as I understood.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Fromager
Beware the 3XQpoints Promo is only for flights in Business and Not Economy as far as I understood.
"Book online during the offer period and earn 3x bonus Qpoints across all cabins."
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by meelosh
"Book online during the offer period and earn 3x bonus Qpoints across all cabins."
Wow interesting. In my experience Qatar has always sent me this type of Promo with the highest multiplier for Premium cabin.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:22 am

So these 3 flights, if booked this weekend with the promo would give me Platinum status, as well as 100 Qcredits, which in return should be enough to upgrade 3-4 medium-haul sectors with from economy to business?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:25 am

So these 3 flights, if booked this weekend with the promo would give me Platinum status, as well as 100 Qcredits, which in return should be enough to upgrade 3-4 medium-haul sectors with from economy to business?
With some 100 Qpoints to spare, so perhaps you can do a better combo, but essentially - yes. Provided that there is no glitch in QR IT, that is.
Passportinonehand likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.