Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RY7
O and T is upgradable with Qcredits only.
You can upgrade O and T fares online with both qmiles and qcredits as long as they have been purchased under "Economy Saver" category (and not "Economy Promo").

Matt4's post above was spot on
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:56 am
kkl

Does QR return award space if ticketing time limit lapses?

Had a Asiamiles QR HND-DOH itinerary lapse and cant find seats.

Will this go back to award pool? Or gone forever?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

If all flights are on the same ticket, you would only need to clear security at AMM and DOH without clearing customs/immigration and without collecting your baggages. You would get three boarding passes in this case. 4h15mins of transfer is pretty enough for lounge access and you would have minimum 2h30mins in the lounge if your AMM-DOH flight arrives on time.
Thank you! Yes they are all on the same ticket and both of us are on the same record locator. We are also not checking bags. I'm very happy to get 3 boarding passes!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
QR newbie questions.

Hello all,

I am flying HKG>DOH>xZRH>xCDG>DOH>HKG and input my CXGO (OWS) as FF. However I am not able to see the additional 15kg baggage allowance accorded to OWS. Am I missing some something?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: QR Plat, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Hello all,

I am flying HKG>DOH>xZRH>xCDG>DOH>HKG and input my CXGO (OWS) as FF. However I am not able to see the additional 15kg baggage allowance accorded to OWS. Am I missing some something?

Thanks in advance.
Somehow QR only display the regular baggage allowance per booked class. Per example 30kg in Economy or 40kg in Business. As a QR Plat (OWE) I have an additional 20kg. At Check in I had never any problem. Check in will see it in their computer.
plunet likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; EK Gold; Marriott Titanium
What is the crew row split in J on the 787 please? (Or is there none because its such a small cabin?)

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gbeb
What is the crew row split in J on the 787 please? (Or is there none because its such a small cabin?)

Thanks
You mean seats for crew rest? I have never seen the QR crew using the pax cabin for crew rest, they use the crew rest areas above the passenger cabin I assume.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You mean seats for crew rest? I have never seen the QR crew using the pax cabin for crew rest, they use the crew rest areas above the passenger cabin I assume.
Sorry, very poorly phrased on my part.

The crew generally have a number of rows they serve in J and your food choice is (generally) prioritised by the row you're in. I'm yet to see my OWE status swing me a "sold out" meal, although the crew always ask their colleagues what spares they have. e.g. Row 1 gets first choice, then 2 and so on. On an A380 you generally get a crew member for 10-16 and 17-22.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Sorry, very poorly phrased on my part.

The crew generally have a number of rows they serve in J and your food choice is (generally) prioritised by the row you're in. I'm yet to see my OWE status swing me a "sold out" meal, although the crew always ask their colleagues what spares they have. e.g. Row 1 gets first choice, then 2 and so on. On an A380 you generally get a crew member for 10-16 and 17-22.
That I have never thought about or noticed. I have never experienced asking for something that was not available, so I have never had to think further about it. I do think OWE gets a higher pecking order no matter where they are seated.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm yet to see my OWE status swing me a "sold out" meal....
You're not suggesting that status should allow one to take a meal from someone who has already requested/reserved it, are you?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You're not suggesting that status should allow one to take a meal from someone who has already requested/reserved it, are you?
I'm suggesting that I am yet to see any accuracy to a number of claims across the QR forums that meals are offered on OW status. I have personally found they are solely done on the row you're in and the crew assignment.

As someone who has twice not received their first meal choice, I'm keen, where possible to sit close enough to the front of the crew's assigned rows to get my choice, hence the question I asked.

Last edited by gbeb; Aug 29, 2019 at 4:37 am
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm suggesting that I am yet to see any accuracy to a number of claims across the QR forums that meals are offered on OW status. I have personally found they are solely done on the row you're in and the crew assignment.
It's not something I normally pay attention to, so I can only give you my experience on the last couple of flights that I recall, both a couple of months ago. I'm One World Emerald on both AA (EXP) and QR (PLT), although this flight was credited to AA. On both flights, the cabin crew member taking care of my side came down the aisle to me first (during boarding on both flights, actually) and asked me for my meal preference. On the first flight, which was going to be quite long (LAX-DOH), when I told her that I wasn't yet hungry because I had just eaten in the lounge and had no idea, she asked if there was anything I might conceivably fancy later so that she could reserve it for me before the rest of the cabin made choices. But now that we're discussing it, I'll pay more attention in the future to see how it goes down.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It's not something I normally pay attention to, so I can only give you my experience on the last couple of flights that I recall, both a couple of months ago. I'm One World Emerald on both AA (EXP) and QR (PLT), although this flight was credited to AA. On both flights, the cabin crew member taking care of my side came down the aisle to me first (during boarding on both flights, actually) and asked me for my meal preference. On the first flight, which was going to be quite long (LAX-DOH), when I told her that I wasn't yet hungry because I had just eaten in the lounge and had no idea, she asked if there was anything I might conceivably fancy later so that she could reserve it for me before the rest of the cabin made choices. But now that we're discussing it, I'll pay more attention in the future to see how it goes down.
My experience as a QRPC Platinum, with QR is:
  • In business they do not care at all about your status. Sometimes I even got the opposite feeling, almost as if they ignored me ;-)
  • In economy class, the care about your status and come to ask about your meal preference before asking non status passengers
purple1addict and plunet like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Traveller999
My experience as a QRPC Platinum, with QR is:
  • In business they do not care at all about your status. Sometimes I even got the opposite feeling, almost as if they ignored me ;-)
  • In economy class, the care about your status and come to ask about your meal preference before asking non status passengers
This is my experience also.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask if I purchase a Qantas ticket (operated by Emirates) under QF code, will I be able to earn Qmiles if I add the Privilege Club # to Qantas booking or does the flight have to be Qantas operated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.