Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jul 10, 19, 2:54 pm
  #3901  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,369
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
My advice is not even to consider QRPC.
Wise words
mlqsko is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:30 pm
  #3902  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4
Qatar Airways A350-1000

I have selected seat 31K for myself on Qatar Airways A350-100. My 14 year old daughter is in 31J. Is 31J an exit row with the requirement to be at 18 years old? Thanks.
Dsmithey74 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 11:28 pm
  #3903  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 12,392
Originally Posted by Dsmithey74 View Post
I have selected seat 31K for myself on Qatar Airways A350-100. My 14 year old daughter is in 31J. Is 31J an exit row with the requirement to be at 18 years old? Thanks.
Normally exit rows can only be assigned at the airport, so I would guess it does not count as an exit row
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Jul 11, 19, 8:05 am
  #3904  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Naperville, IL (USA)
Posts: 107
Schedule Change/Transit Accommodation

Originally booked ORD-DOH-KTM in Business (R) with ~1.5 layover in DOH. DOH-KTM flight has been cancelled and I now have ~10 hr layover in DOH.

Per the Qatar Transit Accomodation page, I should be eligible. What's the best way to secure that ahead of time? I'm wondering if I should call Qatar to accept the change rather than doing it online.

Thanks!
Ms. HDPlayer is offline  
Old Jul 11, 19, 6:31 pm
  #3905  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,369
Originally Posted by Ms. HDPlayer View Post
Originally booked ORD-DOH-KTM in Business (R) with ~1.5 layover in DOH. DOH-KTM flight has been cancelled and I now have ~10 hr layover in DOH.

Per the Qatar Transit Accomodation page, I should be eligible. What's the best way to secure that ahead of time? I'm wondering if I should call Qatar to accept the change rather than doing it online.

Thanks!
They should take care of your accomodation due to the schedule change regardless of their Transit accomodation rules. I would give them a call.
mlqsko is offline  
Old Jul 13, 19, 6:33 pm
  #3906  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 220
IAH check-in time

I am flying next month to IAH, on a Delta awards ticket, with an expected arrival time of approx 1:15pm and then flying IAH-DOH-MLE on Qatar (in their amazing Qsuites) scheduled to leave at 6:00pm.

Could someone advise me how early the check-in desk for Qatar at IAH opens? We'll have hand luggage only, so nothing to collect after arriving at IAH, just a passport check and a pointing to where the lounge is.

Thank you
RetiredATLATC is offline  
Old Jul 13, 19, 6:43 pm
  #3907  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Göteborg Sweden
Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Posts: 1,041
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC View Post
I am flying next month to IAH, on a Delta awards ticket, with an expected arrival time of approx 1:15pm and then flying IAH-DOH-MLE on Qatar (in their amazing Qsuites) scheduled to leave at 6:00pm.

Could someone advise me how early the check-in desk for Qatar at IAH opens? We'll have hand luggage only, so nothing to collect after arriving at IAH, just a passport check and a pointing to where the lounge is.

Thank you
Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure..
Flyiboy is offline  
Old Jul 13, 19, 7:16 pm
  #3908  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Flyiboy View Post

Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure..
Thank you
RetiredATLATC is offline  
Old Jul 14, 19, 7:39 am
  #3909  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kent, UK
Programs: BA Silver; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Posts: 413
Payment query and stopover in DOH

Two questions:

I am looking to fly with QR in the business cabin with a friend from ARN to SIN. Can I book two tickets online on QR website but split the payment so that each of us use our own credit cards to pay for the respective tickets rather than just one of us making the payment for both? (We want to gain Avios by using our Amex cards to pay) or do we need to book separate tickets? If the latter, can we/how do we secure seats next to each other?

Secondly, we would like to break the return by stopping off in DOH for a two or three of nights, then fly back to ARN. Can we benefit from the reduced price hotel offer from QR for this?

Thanks
higham44 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 19, 8:13 am
  #3910  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Posts: 12,600
Originally Posted by higham44 View Post
I am looking to fly with QR in the business cabin with a friend from ARN to SIN. Can I book two tickets online on QR website but split the payment so that each of us use our own credit cards to pay for the respective tickets rather than just one of us making the payment for both? (We want to gain Avios by using our Amex cards to pay) or do we need to book separate tickets? If the latter, can we/how do we secure seats next to each other?
I don't think that the software has the capability of splitting payment between two credit cards, regardless of whose name is on them. The seats are relatively easy. I've done it a few times. Book one ticket, reserve a seat with some empty seats around it. Then book the second ticket immediately and select one of those empty seats. While you're not actually blocking the second the seat, it's unlikely that you're going to lose it if you book the second ticket immediately after the first.
Dr. HFH is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 11:49 pm
  #3911  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
meal modifications

Silly newbie question. New to this forum and going to be flying J for the first time ever with QR. My wife has a few dietary requirements. Can some of the meals on board be "modified?" For example, can the cheese be removed from the omelette or is it pre-cooked? Or can she get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken? If not, is it better to just go with the special meal?
mdsh00 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:24 am
  #3912  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Trying to find a way to see the pricing and maybe purchase access to al mourjan lounge but after i click and fill in the details i just get to the regular manage my booking page with no option for lounges?
Zeppan86 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:39 am
  #3913  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Posts: 12,600
Originally Posted by mdsh00 View Post
Silly newbie question. New to this forum and going to be flying J for the first time ever with QR. My wife has a few dietary requirements. Can some of the meals on board be "modified?" For example, can the cheese be removed from the omelette or is it pre-cooked? Or can she get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken? If not, is it better to just go with the special meal?
I would vote for the special meal. If your wife has dietary requirements, no point in fooling around with it. Omelettes are pre-cooked. Probably CAN get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken. I would still vote for special meal.
Dr. HFH is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:51 am
  #3914  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
I would vote for the special meal. If your wife has dietary requirements, no point in fooling around with it. Omelettes are pre-cooked. Probably CAN get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken. I would still vote for special meal.
If we request a special meal, is she able to select from the regular menu once onboard?
mdsh00 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:53 pm
  #3915  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC, Accor
Posts: 2,020
Originally Posted by mdsh00 View Post
If we request a special meal, is she able to select from the regular menu once onboard?
It will depend on availability. No standard meal allowance would have been loaded for her in addition to the special meal. But the crew are usually quite flexible and if the food is available I am fairly sure it would be offered.
plunet is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: