Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beltline
Thanks - I would be booked in "I" and although it would not count towards the platinum challenge it would count towards status. Would I get the numbers above you posted for each way? 9823 miles each way and 1965 EQD each way towards status? Also I've never credited any miles to a partner. Do you just leave the membership number blank and call in to apply it to the partner or can you actually enter your AA number when reserving the flight?
If you want it credited to AA, yo u put in your AA FF number.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by chitink
If you want it credited to AA, yo u put in your AA FF number.
Thanks, yes after booking thru my corporate travel I was able to go in and change it on the Qatar site.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Save your boarding passes! I've had some trouble recently getting QR credited to AAdvantage. When I request credit through AA, the standard reply from QR seems to be that credit for the flight was given to to the passenger in a different program. A photo/scan of the boarding pass showing AAdvantage number is required to prove otherwise.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
update - re bag drop times

Originally Posted by watersign
I can’t find it anywhere on the QR site. I see that checkin closes 60 mins before but nothing about baggage drop. I’m flying J.
I wrote to Qatar to ask and they initially said check in closes 60 minutes prior. I wrote again to clarify I was asking about BAG DROP, not check in. They responded that they had checked with their colleages at ARN (not OSL!), and that actually bag drop closes at 60 min for economy pax, 45 min for business. It would be helpful if they actually made this clear on their website, as other airlines do.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Alaska Mileage Plan, Avios, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Question Booked 2 Separate Awards, Can we get a Qsuite Pair?

Curious,

Due to having points spread between 2 AAdvantage accounts, we booked our business partner flights on Qatar separately. We have 2 different bookings. I tried to go in and select the Qsuites but they are blocked; not occupied, just blocked. Is that normal? Is there someone we can contact to see if they can put us together in a half of a Qsuite quad together? My inclination is that it is blocked from individual flyers so that one person doesn't block a whole Qsuite.

Has anyone done this?
Keith
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by KeithGP
Curious,

My inclination is that it is blocked from individual flyers so that one person doesn't block a whole Qsuite.

Has anyone done this?
Keith
That's right. QR should be able to help.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:37 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Has anyone done an immediate turnaround in MCT or KWI for QR flights? I appreciate any tips and experience on doing so. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by c2h
Has anyone done an immediate turnaround in MCT or KWI for QR flights? I appreciate any tips and experience on doing so. Thanks in advance.
I have flown in on one flight and then straight b ack out on the same plane with the same crew. From memory I had a 90 minute plus turnaround. Transit in MCT was smooth. I basically queued for a new boarding pass, went through security ( no lines on each of the 4 times I have done this). I even had time for a 45 minute stop at the lounge qa\tar uses( Plaza Premium) which is really nice.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:07 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Thanks celtic_warrior. I suppose no issues with authorities/crew.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:05 am

India flight advice

Traveling to India with wife and three kids in late December 2019 and evaluating two similarly priced itineraries. I am OneWorld Emerald if that matters and traveling Economy probably.

1) LAX-HEL-DEL inbound via FinnAir
BOM-HKG (+9 hours)- LAX via Cathay
(Hacker fare)

2) LAX-HKG (+9 hours)-DEL via Cathay
BOM-HKG-LAX via Cathay

Is FinnAir reliable?
are either airline more kid friendly?
does AA exec Platinum/OneWorld emerald make any difference?
Shoukd I just cheaper one?

Appreciate any guidance.

Ab

Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by c2h
Thanks celtic_warrior. I suppose no issues with authorities/crew.
The only problem I had was in the UK. Basically I was travelling without a visa , as i only ever intended to transit. The Computer at check in asks for a visa ( even though you can get VOA in Muscat). Eventually it is resolved but on both occasions from the uk it took about 40 minutes . Never a problem in Doha or Muscat.

The crew find it hilarious that someone would do back to back flights. They are even more attentive then.

The transit process in Muscat is swift. There is a bit of a queue at the transit counter but it moves quickly. Transit security was very very quick on the 4 times I have passed through. The new Muscat airport is lovely. Easy to navigate etc.If you get time it is worth popping into the prime class lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by AbhijayPrakash
Traveling to India with wife and three kids in late December 2019 and evaluating two similarly priced itineraries. I am OneWorld Emerald if that matters and traveling Economy probably.

1) LAX-HEL-DEL inbound via FinnAir
BOM-HKG (+9 hours)- LAX via Cathay
(Hacker fare)

2) LAX-HKG (+9 hours)-DEL via Cathay
BOM-HKG-LAX via Cathay

Is FinnAir reliable?
are either airline more kid friendly?
does AA exec Platinum/OneWorld emerald make any difference?
Shoukd I just cheaper one?

Appreciate any guidance.

Ab

Wrong forum (this forum is about QR).
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:28 pm

Does 'seat map not available' mean anything

Last minute check on my flights and seats before my weekend trip, and my flight DOH-KUL QR 848 on Monday morning is showing 'seat map not available' yet shows me as booked in a particular seat. Does this mean anything, an equipment change or anything?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Last minute check on my flights and seats before my weekend trip, and my flight DOH-KUL QR 848 on Monday morning is showing 'seat map not available' yet shows me as booked in a particular seat. Does this mean anything, an equipment change or anything?
It usually means either (a) that your cabin is full so no seat assignment is available, or (b) an equipment swap is about to happen.
psychokilla likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Last minute check on my flights and seats before my weekend trip, and my flight DOH-KUL QR 848 on Monday morning is showing 'seat map not available'
You still can check the seat map with ExpertFlyer (free account).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.