Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by spicysoup
Hello All,

Flying my first Qatar flight in a fortnight LHR>DOH>PEN and (predictably) PEN>DOH>LHR in J. Might i have the option of a DOH>LHR upgrade to F (A380)? I've seen some posts regarding no cash upgrades from J to F but i think that seems to be LHR>DOH.

If there is a possibility I'm assuming it won't be offered online as it's only half of the trip (as the ticket is PEN>LHR)? Does that mean i won't be eligible at all? Or will i have to ask at PEN or DOH?

Sorry for the slight ramble but it seems a little confusing!

Many thanks!!!
There will be no option to upgrade either LHR-DOH or DOH-LHR to F I’m afraid, unless you’re willing to pay the full difference in fare between the two tickets which is likely to run to several thousand pounds for each leg.
spicysoup likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:32 am

WIll Qatar release awards seat for christmas flight? 18-27 Dec. no available flight from Doha.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by areg
WIll Qatar release awards seat for christmas flight? 18-27 Dec. no available flight from Doha.
It undoubtedly depends on where you're going; but I think that you may be a bit late. A couple of months ago, I got regular awards (i.e., not Q2 double mileage awards) for December 21 BKK-DOH-BOS, and returning January 2 IAD-DOH-BKK, all in J on mileage award tickets.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by areg
Almost 0% chance it would happen
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: many
787 to Milan

I am trying to find an airline using the new 787 flying to Milano from Chicago or anywhere from the USA.
I do not want to fly Air Canada and connect through Toronto, done it and it is a hassle.
Any help searching for this information will be warmly accepted.
Ciao
Portenos
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by portenos
I am trying to find an airline using the new 787 flying to Milano from Chicago or anywhere from the USA.
ET has a 787 on ORD-ADD, then 777 to MXP. Checking every U.S. departure point for all TATL flights to find the 787s with reasonable connections to MXP could going to take a bit of time. Enjoy!

P.S. You might want to consider also looking for Airbus 350 flights. The planes are competitive. And if you're looking at QR, you're more likely to find a 350 to the U.S. than a 787, I believe.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Does QR offer Bangkok Premium Lane tickets for Oneworld Emerald travellers? (+ 1 guest?). Im a Finnair FF.
And.... are there any other benefits for OWE's I should be aware of? E.g.transit security priority? etc..
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Does QR offer Bangkok Premium Lane tickets for Oneworld Emerald travellers? (+ 1 guest?). Im a Finnair FF.
And.... are there any other benefits for OWE's I should be aware of? E.g.transit security priority? etc..
There haven't been any more transit security priority at DOH for elites for 2 or 3 years, but you should be given fast track voucher at check in at BKK at least for you (not sure about +1 as they seemed to have been more stingy on these vouchers) and if arriving in BKK you have to show a proof of elite status to request the voucher at the QR staff at the gate (they automatically give them to premium passengers but you have to request them if flying Y) and I’m afraid you won’t get a +1. Anyway, if you don’t have premium lane voucher when arriving in BKK, the trick is not to stop at the first (and always crowded) immigration hall you pass by (arriving from E, F, G gates) but walk a little bit more to the second one (a bit toward A, B , C concourses) which is far less crowded (because A and B concourses are used for domestic flights).

Last edited by Matt4; Dec 2, 2018 at 5:24 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Clgr000ar
Hi All,

Im hoping to get a bit of advice.
I recently got LH Frequent Traveler status, and, thanks to a work related challenge promo, i also got temporary UA Premier Silver status, and will lock this in with the 1st leg of my next trip, as I'm only 300miles shy of the challenge limits.

So I will start next year at or very near the same level status on both carriers , and to get fastest to Gold, Im wondering if I should try to book all my travel on United and collect the points on Lufthansa or book my travel on LH and collect mileage plus points.
I expect travel about 60k-70k miles next yr, with a number of trips in Europe and between Europe and US, and possibly also Europe - Asia, and maybe Australia too.
Unfortunately the United and LH credit card options are not available in my home country, so I will have to be smart to get to Gold next year.

Any tips please?
Clgr000ar, welcome to Flyertalk.

I have pinged the moderators to have your question moved to the Lufthansa forums, as your question can be answered there. This forum is for questions relating to Qatar Airways. Hang around with us here on flyertalk, and you'll learn a lot practical things to help your status and mileage gathering.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:47 pm

Thanks, I just spotted after posting that in wrong place
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
Does anyone know how early I can check-in for a Qatar flight in Doha. I am booked in F DOH-FRA which leaves at 8am. Arriving the night before at 10pm on another airline and I will need to exit, claim my luggage and check back in. I want to book the airside hotel but I'm not sure if Qatar will let me check in 9 hours prior to my flight.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
QR Program Help!

I am trying to get from DFW to NBO in J using miles for a trip to Africa in August. I already have the DFW to DOH leg booked using AA miles. Its only an incremental 5k if I change the booking to go all the way to NBO, but basically the whole month of August is blacked out for partners for some reason.​​​​​​ From research, it seems that QR will not release any additional award seats after the initial release.
  • Does QR have different award availability for their own Privilege Club bookings ( vs partner award availability)? I cant check unless I have the requisite miles in my account already...
  • How does their own program availability work? Is there some sort of "standard" award that is always available if there are seats available?
  • Their calculator says o/w J award booking for DOH-NBO is 42k miles, is that the "standard" award cost?
I will need to open a credit card in order to accrue the points, so Id greatly appreciate everyone help before I endeavor on this plan. Otherwise it seems I may have to buy a cash ticket in coach. Im also grateful for any ideas!

PS - Im looking for DOH to NBO r/t departing 8/9 and returning 8/18

TIA!!
Kethee
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by kethee
I am trying to get from DFW to NBO in J using miles for a trip to Africa in August. I already have the DFW to DOH leg booked using AA miles. Its only an incremental 5k if I change the booking to go all the way to NBO, but basically the whole month of August is blacked out for partners for some reason.​​​​​​ From research, it seems that QR will not release any additional award seats after the initial release.
  • Does QR have different award availability for their own Privilege Club bookings ( vs partner award availability)? I cant check unless I have the requisite miles in my account already...
  • How does their own program availability work? Is there some sort of "standard" award that is always available if there are seats available?
  • Their calculator says o/w J award booking for DOH-NBO is 42k miles, is that the "standard" award cost?
I will need to open a credit card in order to accrue the points, so Id greatly appreciate everyone help before I endeavor on this plan. Otherwise it seems I may have to buy a cash ticket in coach. Im also grateful for any ideas!

PS - Im looking for DOH to NBO r/t departing 8/9 and returning 8/18

TIA!!
Kethee
HI Just checked QR priv club web booking on my phone app. There is reward availability on both days of travel , and as you probably know there are 3 possible flights each day. It’s showing availability in coach and j on all flights but as double mileage on both coach and J . business miles equate to 84k return and coach half this. It is in my experience quite normal for double mileage rewards to be shown . You have to monitor regularly to see if they open up single miles awards from now until time of travel _ not helpful I know. much depends on loads and booking demand which they do review and may open up. You are at a bit of a disadvantage as the aircraft is a narrow body which usually means on 12 seats on each flight much less than their wide body planes. This may also have an effect on partners getting availability too. You could check expertflyer to see what availability for normal revenue availability which MAY give an indication of loads but bare in mind it’s 8 or so months out. Being August may also have an effect too.
As for earning with a CC not so clued up on that hopefully someone else can advise on that I assume you based in US
cheers
kethee likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
@tav1989 - thank you! This is extremely extremely helpful. I will proceed with my credit card earning and hopefully the availability will remain. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:28 am

A few questions....

1. If I buy an economy ticket from JFK-AMM (through Doha), how likely is it I will receive an email offer to upgrade (cash) to J on the JFK-DOH leg? And the DOH-JFK leg on the way back?

2. Can I get the free Doha stayover offer WITHOUT booking a multi-city reservation and just doing a normal reservation that includes a 12+ hour layover in DOH?

3. Am I crazy for wanting to fly out of JFK on the A350-1000 instead of my home airport (IAD) which only uses the 777? Is there much difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.