Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Sam Bee The new Summer timetable starts 31st. March 2019. QR have probably not loaded the complete timetable yet so have a little patience!
That's only 5 months away. It's not unreasonable to expect it to have been loaded some time ago, especially for a predominately tourist destination where early bookings could be expected. Don't you suspect a QR screw up or the route being quietly dropped?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4

I never heard of that limit of 2 upgraded passengers per day (maybe a new “enhancement”) and never had a problem to upgrade at airport when J seats are available.
To maximize your Qcredits, use them for the DOH-CGK leg or CGK-DOH and use Qmiles for other legs.
Any economy booking class is upgradable at the airport except W,O and T.
O and T allow advance upgrade through the website (but availability is usually low to non existent) only if booked under Saver fare (not a Promo fare).
Upgrading the LHR-DOH will require you to pay extra APD for business class.
Yeah, the 2 airport award upgrades per flight is a recent enhancement for LHR departures. I was told in July that I couldn't be upgraded using qmiles as they'd already processed their limit of 2 for that flight. I was instead offered a cash upgrade for GBP 960. Sigh...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:03 am

ft101 I agree with your comments but please remember that Qr have a history of not loading schedules beyond those that are current or /immediately coming into effect. Just look at the March and October postings for the last few years to see similar problems occuring.

By the way did KBV not start as a Winter only destination?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Privilege Club
Hi All,

Recently joined this forum and love the great info. A quick question on QR rewards points
i am a BA EC member and in the past credited my air miles to Executive club rather than QR privilege club.

Is there a trick i ma missing or losing out by not crediting the airmiles to QR privilege club ?

any help will be much appreciated
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by remdk
ft101 I agree with your comments but please remember that Qr have a history of not loading schedules beyond those that are current or /immediately coming into effect. Just look at the March and October postings for the last few years to see similar problems occuring.
IT hiccups or deliberately not loading? Whatever it is, I find it hard to believe a business would knowingly continue to operate like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: SQ KF
Business Class Toilet:Passenger Ratios

Hi all

Planning a trip in J from Tokyo to Europe on QR. Qsuites available from both HND and NRT on A350-1000 and B777-300ER respectively.

Is my research correct that there are 3 toilets for 46 passengers on the A350-1000 but 4 toilets for just 42 passengers on the B777-300ER? I.e toilet queues would be much shorter on the older 777?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Harshaw Paruchuri
Hi All,

Recently joined this forum and love the great info. A quick question on QR rewards points
i am a BA EC member and in the past credited my air miles to Executive club rather than QR privilege club.

Is there a trick i ma missing or losing out by not crediting the airmiles to QR privilege club ?

any help will be much appreciated
​​​​​​
For most FF travellers, the answer is no. BAEC is a well regarded program. QRPC used to be vaguely ok if you managed to hit promotional bonuses, but the program was seriously devalued earlier this year and the bonuses have dried up, some unless you have some specific circumstances why QR works better for you, BAEC (or another OW FFP) would be the place to earn to for many on this forum now.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:45 am

ft101 welcome to tne QR world
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by tshep
Is my research correct that there are 3 toilets for 46 passengers on the A350-1000 but 4 toilets for just 42 passengers on the B777-300ER? I.e toilet queues would be much shorter on the older 777?
Based on your figures, in theory - yes; in practice - no.

If you calculate the number of ‘toilet minutes’ available (ie, length of flight multiplied by number of toilets divided by number of passengers) you’re looking at an average of 40-60 minutes per passenger per toilet for a DOH TYO flight.

Unless your fellow passengers have weak bladders, or QR served a dodgy curry, the question of toilet queues in QR J simply doesn’t exist in my experience; even at busy times (ie, after meal service, or just before landing).

While I have flown QR’s B777 many times and have absolutely nothing against it, the A350 would be my choice - it is currently my favourite aircraft in the QR fleet (even more so than the A380).

Of course, if you’re talking about QR’s A380 F toilets that’s a different consideration altogether.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
If you calculate the number of ‘toilet minutes’ available (ie, length of flight multiplied by number of toilets divided by number of passengers) you’re looking at an average of 40-60 minutes per passenger per toilet for a DOH TYO flight.

Unless your fellow passengers have weak bladders, or QR served a dodgy curry, the question of toilet queues in QR J simply doesn’t exist in my experience; even at busy times (ie, after meal service, or just before landing).
My experience is different. You may not notice that there's a queue. When I can see that all the available lavs are occupied, I just stay in my seat until one opens up; and I have observed the same behavior in others.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by abc193
Does anyone have experience of QR allowing family members to visit J during a flight if they're booked in Y?

For context, my family may be on the same connecting flight from DOH and my younger sibling (9 years old) has never flown in J before. The flight is currently a Q-Suite (fingers crossed it stays that way!) so I would expect minimal disturbance to other passengers. I would love to give her some experience of the hard product although not sure if that's frowned upon on QR.

Many thanks in advance.
Just to follow up on this (in case it is of use to others) - I mentioned the situation upon boarding to the cabin crew and was advised that it is against usual protocol but I was more than welcome to ask her when I wanted to bring my sibling forward and she would check with her manager.. I mentioned how helpful she had been to the CSM when he came around for the usual introductions and he was an absolute delight, allowing both of my siblings to come forward to the J cabin at different times. This was of course under the condition that other passengers weren't interrupted (easily done with Q-Suites) and I timed it such that i brought one sibling forward just after the first meal upon boarding and another just after breakfast. The cabin crew even went out of their way for my siblings, offering PJs, amenity kits and kids' milkshakes etc. Happy kids all round
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:52 pm

I am sure the fellow pax in the business cabin were all to happy about this as well.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by abc193
Just to follow up on this (in case it is of use to others) - I mentioned the situation upon boarding to the cabin crew and was advised that it is against usual protocol but I was more than welcome to ask her when I wanted to bring my sibling forward and she would check with her manager.. I mentioned how helpful she had been to the CSM when he came around for the usual introductions and he was an absolute delight, allowing both of my siblings to come forward to the J cabin at different times. This was of course under the condition that other passengers weren't interrupted (easily done with Q-Suites) and I timed it such that i brought one sibling forward just after the first meal upon boarding and another just after breakfast. The cabin crew even went out of their way for my siblings, offering PJs, amenity kits and kids' milkshakes etc. Happy kids all round
That seems like a nice gesture and am glad that you and your family enjoyed the experience. As It was q suites I bet nobody else even noticed.
abc193 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:29 am

Hi all, renewed my Gold tier back in June and still have not received my pack with card and bag tags. I understand that there is usually a delay, but it is November now....

Anyone else having the same experience?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:06 am

Has the "Book using Qmiles" trick stopped working? When I tried to enable it, I was asked to log in. After doing so, I received this error message.

You are not eligible to perform a redemption activity. Please contact our Member Service Centre for more information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.