Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sifaan
But not eligible for upgrade at the airport; this is the email I got from QRPC when I wanted to confirm that O/T on Economy Saver could be upgraded:
Sigh... When did you receive this email, please?

And thanks for sharing
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there a list available of the regional routes that QR only operates Y and F cabins on?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict

Sigh... When did you receive this email, please?

And thanks for sharing
On September 5th.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:03 pm

Does the ICN-DOH route now have Q-suites? When I look up QR 858 and 859 on seat guru for flights in May 2019 they still show the older business class configuration.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:27 am

Just booked a flight with QR for next year, SIN-DOH-DUB. My booking ref says SIN T1, but on looking at the Changi website, it says use T3 for QR flights. I don't think there's much of a difference between the 2 if I happen to go to the wrong terminal, just wondering why they'd be different.

Actually on re-reading, technically the website says use T3 for check-in, so maybe you check in there, then walk over to T1?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Just booked a flight with QR for next year, SIN-DOH-DUB. My booking ref says SIN T1, but on looking at the Changi website, it says use T3 for QR flights. I don't think there's much of a difference between the 2 if I happen to go to the wrong terminal, just wondering why they'd be different.

Actually on re-reading, technically the website says use T3 for check-in, so maybe you check in there, then walk over to T1?
They're changing terminals at SIN.
Got this message from them not too long ago:"PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT EFFECTIVE FROM 28OCT18 ALL
QATAR FLIGHTS WILL OPERATE FROM TERMINAL 1 AT CHANGI
AIRPPORT"
psychokilla likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:30 am

Thanks flyingbubbles. I assume that means they'll also move from the SATS Premier Lounge in T3 to the same in T1. It seems unlikely they'll use any other lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Thanks flyingbubbles. I assume that means they'll also move from the SATS Premier Lounge in T3 to the same in T1. It seems unlikely they'll use any other lounge.
Guess we'll find out come the end of the month when they start operations at T1. Their ground handling agent dnata also has a lounge there and it is larger and better than their T3 lounge.
If you happen to be OWS or OWE, you should also have access to the QF and BA lounges in T1, which are probably much better options, imo.
psychokilla likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Guess we'll find out come the end of the month when they start operations at T1. Their ground handling agent dnata also has a lounge there and it is larger and better than their T3 lounge.
If you happen to be OWS or OWE, you should also have access to the QF and BA lounges in T1, which are probably much better options, imo.
A busines class boarding pass will also get you access to both QF and BA lounges,
psychokilla likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:01 pm

Bringing GF foods in transit at Doha Hamad

Hi. I'm travelling business on QR and transiting in DOH, so not clearing customs and not entering the country. I have a medical related gluten free diet, but even that aside, as I'm not entering Qatar I assume I'll be fine to bring my own food items such as crackers and bread to go with food on board. If you've ever ordered a gluten free meal onboard before, you'll know why I bring my own accompaniments! I assume the same applies for alcohol too and that we can carry and have a drink whilst transiting and staying in the Oryx hotel? Just want to check although I feel pretty confident that it's OK.
​​​​​​
​​​
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:09 pm

northeastflyer since you are in transit you will not pass customs and your hand luggage may contain anything not listed as Restricted.
However do remember that you, in theory, are subject to the standard liquid checks. In practice these checks are almost never carried out. About two years ago there was a single report that liquid checks were carried out in Transit security.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:32 am

So, are we saying that we could arrive at Doha transit area with let's say a bottle of vodka, use some of that in the Oryx hotel if we choose to, then as we are travelling to Australia, any that's left we need to put into miniature bottles that meet the standard 100 ml and total 1 litre rule? I'm a little unclear if hand baggage is routinely scanned on arrival and before we have access to the transit hotel? Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In my experience the liquid checks are now pretty thorough for transit pax who are required to clear security. Electronics and liquids now all need to be removed from hand luggage for screening.

I had a 150ml aerosol confiscated in DOH last week that I'd just bought prior to my first flight - no big deal - but I wouldn't like to lose a whole bottle of vodka!!

Find myself missing the days when transit security was only really for show
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
So, are we saying that we could arrive at Doha transit area with let's say a bottle of vodka, use some of that in the Oryx hotel if we choose to, then as we are travelling to Australia, any that's left we need to put into miniature bottles that meet the standard 100 ml and total 1 litre rule? I'm a little unclear if hand baggage is routinely scanned on arrival and before we have access to the transit hotel? Thanks.
seems like a huge faff to decanter the remaining voddie into 100ml receptacles . I would just enjoy drinks back in Al Mourjan after your hotel experience.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by somebol
Made an award booking using AA miles all ticketed ok.

But unable to select seats online. I get the following error messages
"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99)"
"The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)"

any ideas on how to proceed?
I have the same issue. AA award ticket, trying to select seats on the QR website using the QR PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.