Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by OC_Matt
I am planning to book LAX-DOH with AAdvantage miles and then DOH-SIN with BA Avios. My question is: Will I be able to choose seats? If yes, what is the process to choose based on the different booking currencies?
Yes.
Seat selection is free of charge on QR and I don’t get the booking currency issue anyways.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:20 pm

I am looking for 2 tickets from India (MAA) to PHL or nearby airports. Suggestions for good prices ? Starting next week, return in late Nov. Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:58 pm

What are the odds of being able to secure a QSuites-equipped flight from JFK-SIN (transiting in Doha) for travel in December 2018? I’ll be booking using AA miles. Is it too late at this point, or is there a possibility that award space might open up? If it helps, I can be flexible with dates in the month of December, as well as the point of departure (IAD or ORD perhaps).
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Are you able to upgrade O & N fares?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:04 am

ORD>DOH>CMB with a 6 hr layover in DOH. Also transferring from QR to UL. Will my luggage be checked through from Qatar to Sri Lankan in DOH, or do I need to collect and re-check?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Are you able to upgrade O & N fares?
You probably mean O & T
N is definitely upgradable (I remember that clearly ;-) )
O & T should be upgradable if booked under Eco Saver fare but not if booked under Eco Promo fare.
Sifaan likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Matt4

You probably mean O & T
O & T should be upgradable if booked under Eco Saver fare but not if booked under Eco Promo fare.
Thanks Matt4
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Can you ask them to make your bed in J. Or is it not much of a bed e.g. just a duvet they give you?
FleyeSkyHigh likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by jday
Can you ask them to make your bed in J. Or is it not much of a bed e.g. just a duvet they give you?
Its just a blanket. The seat just changes into a lie flat bed.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Great thanks
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:12 am

Can I use the Qatar lounge at CDG as an arriving business class passenger?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by april2018
Can I use the Qatar lounge at CDG as an arriving business class passenger?
CDG does not mix arriving and departing passengers, so that will be block number one. Do you have a departing boarding pass to allow you back in to the departure area?

Block number two, do you have a departing boarding pass that QR will accept for lounge access?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
CDG does not mix arriving and departing passengers, so that will be block number one. Do you have a departing boarding pass to allow you back in to the departure area?

Block number two, do you have a departing boarding pass that QR will accept for lounge access?
CDG does mix arriving and departing passengers at Terminal 1 where QR operates, therefore it is possible to access the lounge before going through immigration.

However, QR very strictly requires a same day departing boarding pass from CDG for a oneworld flight in J or F or you will be turned away.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4

You probably mean O & T
But not eligible for upgrade at the airport; this is the email I got from QRPC when I wanted to confirm that O/T on Economy Saver could be upgraded:

Kindly note, our promotional fares in the economy cabin, designated by booking classes T, O, W and G are not eligible for cabin upgrade by redeeming Qmiles/ Qcredits.

For more information please click on the below link:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...em-qmiles.html

However, we have two fare categories for flights designated in T and O in economy cabin which is economy promo and economy saver.

The saver fares in the economy cabin, designated by booking classes T, O are eligible for cabin upgrade by redeeming Qmiles / Qcredits.

However, T and O booking classes booking in saver fare are not eligible to avail upgrade on departure.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Sifaan
But not eligible for upgrade at the airport; this is the email I got from QRPC when I wanted to confirm that O/T on Economy Saver could be upgraded:
With QR one day is yes and the next day is no, with stupid rules addition that come from nowhere and are never advertised on their website... Why not letting their customers burning miles to fill empty J seats at the airport ?

Last edited by Matt4; Sep 22, 2018 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.