Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by zsc
Doubt that you will be able to use that Qcredits unless you're well-positioned, as many redemptions require more than 10 Qcredits. Gold/Plat users get a set amount to use each year, you are correct that it can be used for award bookings. You use the Qcalculator to check the prices of award bookings/upgrades via Qcredits, the same way you would if you were using Qmiles.

EDIT: Just tried myself - Qcredits can be viewed for excess baggage redemption with the new Qcalculator... maybe this feature is only available to Gold/Plat members, not entirely sure here.
I am Gold and will shortly be Platinum, but excess luggage is of no use to me. In the end I used them to upgrade a fellow forum member on a short hop flight for Han to BKK.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I can't answer your question but should probably join/credit to BAEC instead, particularly if you're based out of CWL.
But you have to fly at least 4 BA flights to get status. I will be Qatar Platinum after my next flight. This will give me all the lounge access etc.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
But you have to fly at least 4 BA flights to get status. I will be Qatar Platinum after my next flight. This will give me all the lounge access etc.
Unfamiliar with the QR programme... what did you have to do to get to your current Gold status?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: QRPC
Hey. Just noticed that from the 16th to the 30th of April, ZRH-DOH is scheduled on a B787 instead of the regular A350. Anyone has an idea what the reason behind this could be? Just curious..
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Unfamiliar with the QR programme... what did you have to do to get to your current Gold status?
I have flown with them at least three times a year to South East Asia. A mixture of economy and business. Also allocated one CE flight with BA to QR. This year I will fly 16 segments with them.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:05 pm

I want to search for award availability on an upcoming flight - is there a simple way to do this without paying for a service that I will only use once like KVS?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stylewars
I want to search for award availability on an upcoming flight - is there a simple way to do this without paying for a service that I will only use once like KVS?
​​​​
Yes, search for your flight as per normal on the QR website and then toggle the radio button (normally top right of screen) to "Use Qmiles" to check award availability.

Alternatively use BA.com if you also have a BAEC account to check standard (x1) redemptions.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: QRPC Silver
First post

Started crediting flights to QRPC Dec 2017, got silver in june 2018(170 points) , still need 130 more points to gold, when is my deadline?

Dec 2018 (one year after my first credited flight)
or
June 2019 (when my silver benefits ends)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Seta88
First post

Started crediting flights to QRPC Dec 2017, got silver in june 2018(170 points) , still need 130 more points to gold, when is my deadline?

or
Don't waste your time or miles. Redemptions are absurdly expensive. Find another OW carrier which will work for you and credit there.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Seta88
First post

or
Dec 2018 as reaching status is based on the 12 previous months Qpoints earning (whereas status renewal is either based on 12 or 24 previous months earning, but with a double earning requirement for 24 months).
Seta88 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Does anybody know how to find qcalculator for claiming award miles for other one world airlines?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:22 pm

Viewing Award Flight Availability

Hi,
How do I view award flight availability on Qatar Airways? After searching for the flight I want, when I click "Book using Qmiles", "On" at the top, right, I get the error "You are not eligible to perform a redemption activity. Please contact our Member Service Centre for more information."

Is there any way to view availability before transferring miles over to?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:28 am

I want to book a flight with QR from KRT TO KUL then a seperate ticket on Malaysia Airlines to KCH so let's say my KRT to DOH flight is delayed since the flight time is almost double after the blockade I will miss my DOH TO KUL, what happens with my Malaysia airlines ticket should I miss the flight due to QR late arrival to KUL, I know they are separate tickets so chances it will be my fault but someone recently told me since they are one world there is some protection for misconnects or I can get a travel insurance so what happens? should I book it from a travel agency like expedia and use their travel protection or what? Sorry for the long message.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:32 am

I think the smartest way is to book a single PNR with QR to KCH that way even if any delays happen I will put on the next flight but still curious how one world separate tickets missed connections are handled?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ashi777
I think the smartest way is to book a single PNR with QR to KCH that way even if any delays happen I will put on the next flight but still curious how one world separate tickets missed connections are handled?
To make it cheaper,ask a brick and mortar travel agent to put the 2 separate tickets (KRT-DOH-KUL and KUL-KCH) on the same PNR, instead of buying the more expensive QR KRT-DOH-KUL-KCH fare, or just book 2 separate PNR with a very long time (>10h) between flights in KUL and/or spend a night in KL (that's what I do almost all the time, because hotels in KL and bus to/from airport are cheap).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.