Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FranckM
Hello,
I know that Qsuite is not garantee only on selected routes, but sometimes you can get lucky.
How long before the flight will the seat map change to a Qsuite if one of the aircraft equipped is doing the flight?
The seat map will reflect the Qsuites layout at the point a Qsuites airframe is allocated to a flight, which could be any time before the flight, really. Most of the switches so far have been QR moving around Qsuites from one flight on a route to a different one on the same route (e.g. almost every LHR rotation has had a Qsuites flight at some point now, I think).

Given the limited number of Qsuites frames, unless you are flying on one of the existing Qsuites routes (LHR, CDG, NYC, ICN, etc.) I think a switch is highly unlikely at best, I'm afraid.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by alc16
Does anyone have advice how to upgrade with points on popular routes, LHR-DOH, DOH-SIN - both either way - expertflyer shows seats availble in Biz class on the dates I travel yet within my dashboard I cannot upgrade despite having the right booking class (V & N). Is my only choice to hope i'll receive the email to Upgrade with Cash as few days prior to the flights &/or do it when at the airport? TIA
To upgrade your ticket with Qmiles or Qcredits before going to the airport, you need availability in the U fare bucket which isn't displayed by Expertflyer. This fare bucket is often empty on these high business class demanded routes. You have more chance to get a cash upgrade offer by email or to upgrade your ticket at airport check-in with your Qmiles or Qcredits (at airport check-in they allow upgrade for any available J seat, even if U fare bucket is empty)
Old May 12, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Stopping over on + Qatar. Will British plugs fit the Qatari sockets?
Old May 12, 2018, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Stopping over on + Qatar. Will British plugs fit the Qatari sockets?
In the planes and and in the lounge you will find multi outlets, accepting almost all kinds of plugs. Qatar/Doha uses the English style plugs.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by Matt4

To upgrade your ticket with Qmiles or Qcredits before going to the airport, you need availability in the U fare bucket which isn't displayed by Expertflyer. This fare bucket is often empty on these high business class demanded routes. You have more chance to get a cash upgrade offer by email or to upgrade your ticket at airport check-in with your Qmiles or Qcredits (at airport check-in they allow upgrade for any available J seat, even if U fare bucket is empty)
Thanks Matt4. I saw there were redemption tickets available on the travel dates so assume this means the U fares are not going to be opened up!
Old May 13, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by alc16
Thanks Matt4. I saw there were redemption tickets available on the travel dates so assume this means the U fares are not going to be opened up!
If there's standard award availability (not Q2 2x award) on the same flights on QR website, it usually means you can upgrade, but not 100% sure.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In the planes and and in the lounge you will find multi outlets, accepting almost all kinds of plugs. Qatar/Doha uses the English style plugs.
Other than QR A380 F, where they don't bother with a multi-socket and just have the UK/Qatari plug, which always amuses me!
Old May 13, 2018, 12:46 pm

My wife and 4 year old are traveling JFK-DOH-CCU in Business, in Dec 2018 and have a 12 hour layover (6AM-6PM) at Doha.

I was wondering what would be the best way to spend those 12 hours at the airport? Are there any airside hotels that I can have them check-in at, without having to go through immigration? Or even any sleeping pods?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by abpat2203
My wife and 4 year old are traveling JFK-DOH-CCU in Business, in Dec 2018 and have a 12 hour layover (6AM-6PM) at Doha.

I was wondering what would be the best way to spend those 12 hours at the airport? Are there any airside hotels that I can have them check-in at, without having to go through immigration? Or even any sleeping pods?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to go into Doha and do some sightseeing.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Where can I find information of the current routes which offer the "real" F? I guess I am asking which routes have the A380 although I am not 100% sure whether that is indeed the same question or not.

CDG, LHR, BKK, SYD, ... where else? I am looking for the most up to date route list.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Where can I find information of the current routes which offer the "real" F? I guess I am asking which routes have the A380 although I am not 100% sure whether that is indeed the same question or not.

CDG, LHR, BKK, SYD, ... where else? I am looking for the most up to date route list.
+ Guanghzou, Perth & Melbourne, that's all if I'm not mistaken.

And don't forget Qatar is known to switch AC at the last moment, on some routes more often then others (BKK springs to mind)

Last edited by JasperT; May 15, 2018 at 2:22 am
Old May 15, 2018, 9:42 am

I've booked EDI-DOH-SIN and return for me and my wife in October in J but on checking the booking I've spotted my wife's middle name is missing from the booking, is this going to prevent her from flying? I spoke on the telephone to the QR call centre who said that it isn't an issue so long as the first name and surname are correct-which they are.

Her name shows as correct on her Privilege Club and when selecting her as a co-traveller.

Last edited by Pompey_Matt; May 15, 2018 at 9:57 am Reason: Additional information
Old May 15, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pompey_Matt
I've booked EDI-DOH-SIN and return for me and my wife in October in J but on checking the booking I've spotted my wife's middle name is missing from the booking, is this going to prevent her from flying? I spoke on the telephone to the QR call centre who said that it isn't an issue so long as the first name and surname are correct-which they are.

Her name shows as correct on her Privilege Club and when selecting her as a co-traveller.
Middle names are not required in bookings The agent you talked to is right
Old May 16, 2018, 8:58 am

Thanks for that, further research online brought me to the same conclusion so now I can be worry free!
Old May 16, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Anyone know what will be served on the red eye Bangkok-DOH, departure around 2:30am arriving into DOH around 5:30am...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.