Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Apr 4, 18, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by spec119 View Post
I don't think QR have a policy like that sure she'll be fine
QR can and do check credit cards. I don't know if debit cards are treated the same way. I recently saw at MEL a last minute booker directed by the QR service desk to the airport travel agency to buy a ticket, and then when he came back to the counter to check in was asked by the same QR service desk for his credit card to verify. Alfredbali's suggestion seems sensible as a precaution.
Old Apr 5, 18, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Alfredbali View Post
Just as a precaution, your gf could bring:

- a copy of the card both sides (blank the security number at the back)
- a copy of the bank/debit card statement showing the payment for the ticket
- a letter from you confirming that you payed for her ticket
- a copy of your passport/id

This should do it in case she's asked at check in
yes obviously good call just never been asked myself
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by ttama View Post
Can anyone explain how to add a trip to my QAPC profile? Every time I sign onto Qatar's website I have to enter my surname and PNR to access my booking, and it's a real pain.

I can't remember now if I was logged in when I booked the flight - probably not because I'm using BAEC as my frequent flyer programme for the trip and was nervous about confusing the programmes. But I'd like to find a way for Qatar to remember the booking, rather than prompting me to enter the details over and over again.
Same here, BAEC but no Privilege Club account. There is a reasonable Qatar Airways smartphone app (I can only vouch for iphone). It remembers the trip itinerary and you can do all the usual 'manage my booking' stuff without being logged in. You can also see the cabin layout and the available lounges as well as navigate in real time around Doha airport.
Old Apr 5, 18, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Thank you. I tried the android app and it's very useful.

I started a rant about mobile apps vs trad apps but started to bore myself. As an old-time IBM and Tandem "application programmer" from the 1970's and 80's, I'm certainly not struggling to adapt to mobile devices but I do prefer, when at home, to use a big screen, a proper keyboard and a more powerful processor.
Old Apr 6, 18, 10:20 am

Hi guys, does anyone know any friends working in Qatar airways and if could they possibly ask them whether or not their family/freinds discount of privilidge pass has been temporarily suspended?

I appreciate any help in this!
Old Apr 8, 18, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by Kingb123 View Post
Hi guys, does anyone know any friends working in Qatar airways and if could they possibly ask them whether or not their family/freinds discount of privilidge pass has been temporarily suspended?

I appreciate any help in this!
Your question was answered in the other thread you created.
Family and Friends Discount Suspended?

Friendly heads up, we are not supposed to double post on Flyertalk.
Old Apr 8, 18, 7:05 pm

This is more a Hamad Airport question than a QR one:

I am flying into DOH on QR. I have a separate ticket out on MEA in J 2 hours and 10 minutes later. Will it be possible for me to do an airside check-in/transfer, or will I have no choice but to go through immigration and rush to the counters? I know there are transfer counters by security airside, but I've never had the sensibility to check if they have someone working flights other than QRs!

Thank you!
Old Apr 13, 18, 10:28 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines, British Airways, South African Airways
Question Is it worth collecting miles for Qatar Airways?

I have recently moved from Singapore to Cape Town. Qatar Airways services Cape Town regularly. I have a bunch of points on a credit card to cash in and was thinking of switching them into Qatar Airways. How would the Qatar Airways mileage required to say Istanbul vary compared to British Airways, given both need connecting flights via their main hub. I got the sense from looking at the Qatar website that you need a lot more miles on Qatar than on BA but from what I have heard the Qatar experience is way better than BA. Any thoughts from the forum?
Old Apr 14, 18, 5:30 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by rightfred View Post
I have recently moved from Singapore to Cape Town. Qatar Airways services Cape Town regularly. I have a bunch of points on a credit card to cash in and was thinking of switching them into Qatar Airways. How would the Qatar Airways mileage required to say Istanbul vary compared to British Airways, given both need connecting flights via their main hub. I got the sense from looking at the Qatar website that you need a lot more miles on Qatar than on BA but from what I have heard the Qatar experience is way better than BA. Any thoughts from the forum?
I'm new to spending miles but from an experience point of view, I'd avoid connecting in LHR to get to IST and go the other way if price permits. BA's service on the A320 family within Europe has deteriorated considerably (speaking as a BA/QR frequent flyer with QR status).
Old Apr 14, 18, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by mohammedgiga View Post
I'm new to spending miles but from an experience point of view, I'd avoid connecting in LHR to get to IST and go the other way if price permits. BA's service on the A320 family within Europe has deteriorated considerably (speaking as a BA/QR frequent flyer with QR status).
That is a very good point, avoiding LHR. I try to avoid Heathrow for anything but going to London. Secondly avoiding the BA short haul as much as possible is another sound piece of advice. Actually Goes for BA long haul as well.

If price and booking class earning is same, then of course from a mileage optimisation point of view, the trip via LHR is about 1200 miles (great circle) longer, so there is more earnings to be had.
Old Apr 15, 18, 9:19 am

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend has a flight with Qatar Airways tomorrow. She wasn't asked for any passport details during booking, and she still hasn't been specifically asked for them. Does this mean she can just turn up to the airport with her passport and booking number without having provided passport details in advance? She is travelling from Thailand to Ireland. I just found it strange that she wasn't asked to enter her passport into anywhere. Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 15, 18, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by somtamthai View Post
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend has a flight with Qatar Airways tomorrow. She wasn't asked for any passport details during booking, and she still hasn't been specifically asked for them. Does this mean she can just turn up to the airport with her passport and booking number without having provided passport details in advance? She is travelling from Thailand to Ireland. I just found it strange that she wasn't asked to enter her passport into anywhere. Thanks for any advice.
It can always be done at check in. I usually never provide passport information before the airport. If you do online check-in, the system will normally ask.
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:01 am

Programs: QR Gold
Hi all, I have just booked a QR flight in Y from DUB - DOH return in N class. I was hoping to use my 40 Q - Credits to upgrade one of the legs, but the new online system shows no availability for either flights.

Is there any other avenue I can explore to try to get this? Is it possible to do at the airport on the day? Or should I get myself ready for Y......
Old Apr 17, 18, 1:44 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat, WY Silver, IB Plata
Originally Posted by jah718 View Post
Hi all, I have just booked a QR flight in Y from DUB - DOH return in N class. I was hoping to use my 40 Q - Credits to upgrade one of the legs, but the new online system shows no availability for either flights.

Is there any other avenue I can explore to try to get this? Is it possible to do at the airport on the day? Or should I get myself ready for Y......
Just check as often as you can on QR website if there is any award availability at normal Qmiles rate, not 2x, which would mean there is upgrade availability too, but you will have more chance to request your upgrade when checking in for your flight at the airport, as at this time they will accept you to upgrade if there's any J seat available on the flight.
Old Apr 18, 18, 2:54 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post

Just check as often as you can on QR website if there is any award availability at normal Qmiles rate, not 2x, which would mean there is upgrade availability too, but you will have more chance to request your upgrade when checking in for your flight at the airport, as at this time they will accept you to upgrade if there's any J seat available on the flight.
Thanks for the info! I guess I will just keep trying and if not will try at the airport. Flight seems wide open at the minute.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: