Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Mar 9, 18, 6:23 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver (upto 2017) / BA Silver (2018 onwards)
Originally Posted by dilvala View Post
I'm not too happy with the current award availability and have a question about what do about crediting the miles.

2 Adults 1 Child tickets CMB-PHL-CMB R Class, also signed up for X2 promo for the 2 adults and the kid miles get posted to mine account because of family account.

My PC number was entered when we flew CMB-PHL and received the miles right away but I need to claim the miles for my wife and son. Since we have already flown the first segment about 3 weeks ago, is my only option now to credit this to PC? Or can I request BAEC avios for both the wife and the son? Do I file a claim with BAEC?

If I had known about the lousy availability I would have credited everything to BAEC from the get go.
You won't be able to claim for yourself anymore. For your wife and son, so long as no FF number was put in during the flight then yes you can credit this to BAEC, however, the accounts in their names have to be opened before the flight was taken, so you cannot create new accounts and attempt to credit a previous flight to their account. Hope this helps.

FYI you can still change your FF number for your second segment and credit that to BAEC.
Old Mar 9, 18, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by zsc View Post
Hi guys. Been told that I could check my luggage to my final destination on a separate ticket, as my routing is as follows: QR KUL-ARN, BA ARN-LHR. Is this true? If it is, does that mean I technically could purchase a HBO fare and still have, say, 40kg of check in luggage delivered to LHR for me to pick up after the ARN-LHR leg?
In that situation, BA will most likely charge you at the gate if you want to board. It may slip through, but don't count on it.
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:25 pm
zsc

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
In that situation, BA will most likely charge you at the gate if you want to board. It may slip through, but don't count on it.
Actually would not mind paying for it, if there is a chance that it might go through. I'm considering booking into CE for ARN-LHR - because of the timing, having lounge access/meal on board would be good. Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:54 pm

BA's CE fares include baggage anyway, so it's only an issue if you book an economy HBO fare. I also expect you to be charged for the bag by BA if you do that. Be aware that baggage fees on BA are substantially higher if you add them after making the initial booking or at the airport
Old Mar 10, 18, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Last I heard somebody adding a bag at the airport with BA it was 60GBP per bag. Don't know if that is normal, but it was a couple not aware they were on HBO, now needing to cough up 120 GBP extra for their weekend trip to London.
Old Mar 10, 18, 1:31 am

Yes it's expensive, especially when the cost of including baggage at the time of booking is usually only GBP 10-15 each way.

The baggage inclusive fare also allows free same day changes on the day of travel, which is useful insurance in case of any problems with the inbound QR flight.
Old Mar 10, 18, 7:52 am
zsc

How about the piece policy that BA operates vs QR? Coming in on QR I have 40+10kg and there is no piece limit, only a weight limit, whereas BA operates a 2x23kg baggage policy for CE. Say I check 3 pieces of luggage totalling 46kg, would this go through?
Old Mar 10, 18, 8:17 am

Club Europe on BA is actually 2 x 32kg. You may get more on top of that depending on your oneworld status
Old Mar 10, 18, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Best ask on the BA forum for experience on being able to check an extra piece of luggage within the overall weight allowance.
Old Mar 10, 18, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Best ask on the BA forum for experience on being able to check an extra piece of luggage within the overall weight allowance.
Good advice
Old Mar 13, 18, 7:20 am

Transferring Qpoints/Qmiles to other OneWorld airline?

We're thinking of consolidating our loyalty points to another OneWorld airline since most of our travel is within Europe. Is there a guide or FAQ on transferring Qpoints/Qmiles to British Airways or Finnair? Any comments on which would be the better option among those two?
Old Mar 13, 18, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qwerty4663 View Post
We're thinking of consolidating our loyalty points to another OneWorld airline since most of our travel is within Europe. Is there a guide or FAQ on transferring Qpoints/Qmiles to British Airways or Finnair? Any comments on which would be the better option among those two?
Generally transferring airline miles is very limited.. See your airline account as a final stop for points.

Specifically Qmiles does not transfer to BA or AY Nor the other direction.
Old Mar 13, 18, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Generally transferring airline miles is very limited.. See your airline account as a final stop for points.

Specifically Qmiles does not transfer to BA or AY Nor the other direction.
Thanks CPH-Flyer, guess we'll just look into spending those points somehow.
Old Mar 14, 18, 9:03 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver
Just checking which of these is Q suites. It says both are A350-900 although I've read both flight numbers are Q suites, seems weird to have two of them going within 25 minutes of eachother. Isn't QR16 meant to be A350-1000?

https://gyazo.com/0ca82770d8d911c240853abc637dca83

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 18, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hey! First timer on QR in Sept - and first time over this part of the forum!

What are the rules / conditions for changes on non-refundable tickets? I read lots of stories of people changing their departure airport when a schedule change happens in their favour. How does this work? I have a departure from MAN in Sept and hoping to get it from London (either LHR or LGW) if a change happens..

Thanks in advance !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: