Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Just out of interest, anyone on here booked on the new Cardiff to Doha service?
No idea but plenty of 1x award avalilabilty in J for those looking to use their Qmiles ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Does anyone have experience with QR and Istanbul Sabiha Göcken Airport (SAW)? I am flying on the 23:59 flight, and have a colleague on the 20:45 flight, and am wondering if I can go to the airport with my colleague and be able to check in. Does check in stay open throught out the time for the two flights, or does it close in between?

I know this is not the most exciting airport, nor lounge, to spend time in, so a lot of things would speak for not leaving for the airport earlier than I need to. Except the opportunity to have more time to discuss some topics with my colleague.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Some
Just out of interest, anyone on here booked on the new Cardiff to Doha service?
Me, quite like the idea of having most of the plane to myself
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:21 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
I'm trying to find ex-Doha routes in F to connect to out of Bangkok. For example, I've noticed that flying to Kuwait City cuts the cost of roundtrip flights to $2,100 from $4,600 if flying only to Doha.

However, I if I search for onward connections that don't offer a first class cabin/fare, I don't get the option to book F on BKK-DOH and J on DOH-somewhere else. Is there a list of which destinations have premium cabins that are sold as "first class" flights? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
I'm trying to find ex-Doha routes in F to connect to out of Bangkok. For example, I've noticed that flying to Kuwait City cuts the cost of roundtrip flights to $2,100 from $4,600 if flying only to Doha.

However, I if I search for onward connections that don't offer a first class cabin/fare, I don't get the option to book F on BKK-DOH and J on DOH-somewhere else. Is there a list of which destinations have premium cabins that are sold as "first class" flights? Thanks!
What about Muscat?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
With Y, H and B all being Flexi fares, should I expect a significant price difference?
Yes, it is about yield management; not about flexibility.

QR actually sells about forty different Y- fares on this market. The cheapest Y- fare (YHR5R1FI) is 2393 USD and the most expensive Y- fare (YLR5R2FE) is 7371 USD. The latter is round trip and the former one way, so divide by two to get a better idea of price range. You'll need to add government taxes, airport fees, and airline surcharges on top of those base fare numbers.

You can use ITA Matrix to price out a Y- fare on your trip by specifying the constraint f bc=Y in the "extension booking codes" boxes.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes, it is about yield management; not about flexibility.

QR actually sells about forty different Y- fares on this market. The cheapest Y- fare (YHR5R1FI) is 2393 USD and the most expensive Y- fare (YLR5R2FE) is 7371 USD. The latter is round trip and the former one way, so divide by two to get a better idea of price range. You'll need to add government taxes, airport fees, and airline surcharges on top of those base fare numbers.

You can use ITA Matrix to price out a Y- fare on your trip by specifying the constraint f bc=Y in the "extension booking codes" boxes.
I think you mean the latter is one-way and the former is round trip, unless one-ways have gotten way cheaper than round trips?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cheapest Y- fare (YHR5R1FI) is 2393 USD and the most expensive Y- fare (YLR5R2FE) is 7371 USD. The latter is round trip and the former one way,
Originally Posted by JasperT
I think you mean the latter is one-way and the former is round trip, unless one-ways have gotten way cheaper than round trips?
I think I have it the right way around.

The first, cheaper fare was one way.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:11 am

I think I have it the right way around.

The first, cheaper fare was one way.
My bad, I rushed over the part that the one-way way the cheapest Y-fare compared to the most expensive return Y-fare.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
will be a full plane if everyone takes that attitude!

i think they’re doing the lounge out tidy for this flight or adding a separate section for Qatar customers....
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Seat selection W class in Qatar

Hi,

I am booking CCU - DOH - IAD on economy promo ( class W ). I want to know whether selecting standard seats in this ticket is free of cost or not.

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ayush Bhuyan
Hi,

I am booking CCU - DOH - IAD on economy promo ( class W ). I want to know whether selecting standard seats in this ticket is free of cost or not.

Thanks
Until QR decide to "enhance" customer experience by charging them to select a seat like many other airlines do, seat selection is 100% free on QR. You can pick any available seat free of charge, even front row seats (but they are usually blocked until airport check-in and are given on a first come first serve basis).
Just use manage my booking on QR website.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
and me, but i booked the wrong ticket so I am stuck in economy/
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum

will be a full plane if everyone takes that attitude!

i think they’re doing the lounge out tidy for this flight or adding a separate section for Qatar customers....
really? they weren't the last time i asked.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Has Qatar changed how they release award seats to their OneWorld partners, particular for flights to/from the USA? In the past, there have been seats available right when the schedule opens a year out, but now I'm not seeing any. Looking to use JAL miles to book a Qatar flight DOH-ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.