Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by remdk
JariU welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.

The rules for Privilege Club clearly state that miles and points are awarded for the original booking class purchased. There is an exception to the rule if you purchase, for cash, a higher ticket class before check-in opens.

I am afraid what you were told at check-in is incorrect.
Thank you remdk.
Ok, so before check-in purchased upgrades are eligible for higher Qmiles and Qpoints, at check-in purchased upgrades are not?

That's disappointing news, since the higher points also affected our decision to upgrade. But we would have done it anyway.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:32 am

hotchili welcome to the QR forum.

The menu indicates how many 'main' meals and snacks will be served during your flight. In your case 'Dinner' and 'light options'. It also lists alternative dishes available for each meal service. They are grouped within meal type. From the main courses you may choose one from each meal.
Having decided on what you want to eat you can then decide when you want which dishes served to you. With 'Dine on demand' you select precisely what you want served when and the meal type descriptions become almost, but not quite, nonsense because there are various side dishes to accompany each main choice.

Main courses are loaded such that there are sufficient main meals on board but not one of each choice for each passenger. There have been many complaints on this forum when the main course of choice was already 'sold out'. But will very likely be extra main courses available for you but you should think one main course per meal type. It appears that more meals are loaded on the longer flights the shorter flights so the chances of a second main course from the same meal type being available increases.

Do relax and enjoy your QR flights.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Sorry if I have missed something, but I can't find a route map on QR website, or a list of destinations which would be easier to read than the one on https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/destinations.html . Big pictures, no organization (by continent, country, ...)
where can I find something?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gringuito
Sorry if I have missed something, but I can't find a route map on QR website, or a list of destinations which would be easier to read than the one on https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/destinations.html . Big pictures, no organization (by continent, country, ...)
where can I find something?
Maybe this will help?

http://www.qrcargo.com/qrcg
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
Maybe this will help?

http://www.qrcargo.com/qrcg
Thanks, great!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

Gringuito it appears that there is no longer any link in the Qr website menus to the 'Interactive Route Map'.

However the function is probably still available if you have a direct link to it. IT usually just remove the link to 'older' pages leaving the page available for use.

I do not have a link to that function so I am appealing to any member of this forum to post it for all to use.

Do remember that the information has probably not been updated showing new destinations etc, nor in all probability will be in the future.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
http://qrcg.fltmaps.com/en
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:15 pm

Thank you intuition for your sppedy reply. It certainly looks like what Gringuito is looking for.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
I'm flying XXX-DOH-YYY, with both legs operated by QR and a couple hours layover in DOH. The first leg is booked as an AA codeshare and the second as QR, and they have different record locators. Will I have any issues through-checking my luggage from XXX to YYY? Looking at other threads, it appears that through-checking is *required*, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something here.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
ffay005 it depends upon what is printed on your boarding pass. Sometimes you are told to go to the check-in/bagdrop and sometimes 'go straight to gate'.

I personally prefer the handier, sturdier check-in issued boarding passes to 'flimsy' pieces of paper.
Yeah, DOH-MEL OLCI issued me a BP which wasn't a BP. I don't remember the wording but it was clear that I should go to the check-in desk to get my BP, which is understandable so they can check the Aussie visa.

MEL-DOH worked fine with the OLCI self-printed BP. I didn't go to the desk. Currently in the Al Mourjan lounge, waiting for the HEL flight.

It's my first trip on QR and on the outbound, the BP with the silver sleeve was a nice novelty. But in reality, it's not very practical. They need to slide it out of the sleeve every time they look at it and it seems that they do look at it here many more times than at your average airport. So I'm fine with my A4s.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:55 am

shutter41 welcome to the QR forum.
When you check-in at the QR check-in desks at your origin then you and your luggage will be checked in all the way to your final destination. Were you check-in at an AA desk then you will most likely not have your luggage checked through to your final destination since the two flights are on different PNRs.
Remember it is the operating carrier that checks you in not the marketing carrier.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Hello all again

I’m off to Cape Town and have a long stopover in Doha which is fine as I can see my brother who lives there. The visa process seems to have changed a bit. Do I have to apply for a transit visa or can I just turn up?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:57 am

srbrenna there can be no definite answer because you do not state the nationality of the passport you are travelling on.

However if you look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/v...uirements.html and follow the various links you will find that for 80 nationalities visas are no longer required. You should then decide if you require a visa, and what type and act accordingly.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
srbrenna there can be no definite answer because you do not state the nationality of the passport you are travelling on.

However if you look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/v...uirements.html and follow the various links you will find that for 80 nationalities visas are no longer required. You should then decide if you require a visa, and what type and act accordingly.
Thanks. I will be travelling on a UK passport.

It seems that the uk is not listed under the nationalities.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Thanks. I will be travelling on a UK passport.

It seems that the uk is not listed under the nationalities.
Hi, from what I see on https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/v...e-arrival.html, UK passport holders are issued a multi-entry waiver upon arrival and are allowed a maximum of 30 days stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.