Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
Using the booking engine I can see that there are already a number of cancellations known for QR 1347. At the moment they are limited to July only with no cancellations being shown for August!

Remember that the route is DOH-DAR-ZNZ-DOH and DOH-ZNZ-DAR-DOH and flight numbers appear to be incorrect on the booking engine.

I strongly recommend that you use the QR MMB daily to see if your flight is cancelled or not and if it is contact QR immediately.
Regularly checking MMB is a good habit to have.

I personally would suggest My Flights app as a very useful tool giving you information such as time changes, cancellations, aircraft swaps etc. that QR do not. I have no connection with the group producing the app but I have been saved a great deal stress with it.
Thanks alot for the insight. I agree that My Flights app is a great tool and I am regular user of it. So far everything on my flight looks good. Hope it stays the same.

Last edited by lento; Jul 6, 2017 at 10:31 am
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone happen to know whether or not QR actually flies to LUN (Lusaka) and if so what sort of seasonal restrictions apply?

I tried faring out SFO-LUN for next summer - 2018 (paid, not award); no luck. LAX-LUN came back positive but with QR up to JNB and SA from there back to LUN. I couldn't even get DOH-LUN to return a valid itinerary on any day of the week.

Funny thing is that QR publishes LUN as one of their African destinations.

It's awfully tempting to just go EK; one stop from SFO without the frequent chopping/changing of schedules, equipment and frequencies that QR is so well known for. But I really want to stay within OW!

ETA: I know SFO hasn't been finalized yet (despite the announcement); but surely QR could fare it with an AA positioning flight to LAX, DFW, etc?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:07 am

scnzzz DOH-LUN was announced in 2016 but has yet to start! There can be no flights on the route. until the launch date.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
scnzzz DOH-LUN was announced in 2016 but has yet to start! There can be no flights on the route. until the launch date.
Makes perfect sense. I seem to remember seeing Summer 2017 somewhere as the start time, but perhaps that's been pushed, particularly given all the unpleasantness in the region at this time.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:27 am

Hi, just a quick question on QR's cancellation/refund policy.

I purchased a CAI-BKK ticket and didn't pay in EGP but chose the currency conversion option (EUR) at the end of the process, so my credit card has been charged in EUR.

If I cancel my ticket now due to the gulf crisis, will they refund the same amount in EUR back on my credit card (i.e. they reverse the same transaction) or will they first convert the initial EGP price of my ticket into EUR and then refund this amount? The later option would mean quite a financial loss of a few hundred EUR for me.

My understanding and expectation is that since I ultimately was charged in EUR and even paid a conversion fee, I should receive exactly the same amount in EUR. I think asking my bank for a chargeback wouldn't be a clever idea in this case.

Maybe someone has already made a similar experience with refunds in USD or another currency than EGP? Many thanks in advance for your help on that!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:46 am

TanteJu QR uses USD as its currency but refunds are based upon the currency originally paid, in your case EUR. This is standard QR practice, as I have experienced it, and if there are no 'special circumstances' then you will be refunded the full number of EUR. I can see no special circumstances here!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:32 am

TanteJu QR uses USD as its currency but refunds are based upon the currency originally paid, in your case EUR. This is standard QR practice, as I have experienced it, and if there are no 'special circumstances' then you will be refunded the full number of EUR. I can see no special circumstances here!

Super, many thanks for your help. I couldn't find any clarification on this in their T&Cs and their support isn't answering my request since one week (I wanted a written statement from them, just in case).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:03 pm

Hi, QR first timer. Im an AA Plat and am doing BRU-NRT ruondtrip in R Class in Sept. Im wondering if its better to credit still to AA than QR. I signed up for some multiplier at the time(not quad, i think double maybe) but not sure as its not on my QR account so thinking should i post it to AA.
Does the $$ value also count to AA as i know a part of it is revenue based.

Having a quiet year due to family illness etc so this maybe my only 'big' trip this year so will struggle to maintain status so thinking if this is maximised on QR instead of AA.
Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:40 pm

acquiescefc welcome to the QR forum.

If you are unsure about being registered for an offer such as the double Qmiles then log into your PC account and check 'My offers' to see if the offer says 'Already registered'.

With regard to where to credit your points/miles you need to look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html for help to decide.

If you want to check how many miles/points you will earn on AA then log in to thr AA programme and find the mileage calculator. Here select QR as partner airline and it should tell you what your earnins will be. Do remember that you will not get double Qmiles since these can only be credited to your QRPC account. Also remember that the QR offer is for Qmiles and not the status qualifying Qpoints.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:17 pm

acquiescefc welcome to the QR forum.

If you are unsure about being registered for an offer such as the double Qmiles then log into your PC account and check 'My offers' to see if the offer says 'Already registered'.

With regard to where to credit your points/miles you need to look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html for help to decide.

If you want to check how many miles/points you will earn on AA then log in to thr AA programme and find the mileage calculator. Here select QR as partner airline and it should tell you what your earnins will be. Do remember that you will not get double Qmiles since these can only be credited to your QRPC account. Also remember that the QR offer is for Qmiles and not the status qualifying Qpoints.
Thanks. It says im registered for double miles from the festival.
It also says im registered for 1st time booking of 2000 miles which i never received so a little sceptical if the double miles would post unless 1st time bonus only posts after first trip maybe?

I guess BRU to NRT is 130 points so id not make silver if double is only on the miles.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:03 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know how you would figure out which flights have seats available for a Qmiles upgrade (from Econ to Business)? The member services isn't being very helpful, I had booked one flight (with the correct fare class), but then when I tried to do an upgrade with my miles, was told that there were no upgrade seats available for that flight.

So I asked if they can tell me which flights around my travel dates do have seat upgrades available, so I can consider changing my booking, but they just told me that "since redemption seats are limited per flight it is always subject to availability at the time of booking". In other words, there is no way of knowing until after you booked?

Thought I'd try my luck in case anyone here knows a better way, thanks!

[Edit] I also tried Expertflyer on recommendation by someone else, but unfortunately they don't list Awards/Upgrades for Qatar, only seat maps!

Last edited by toccata917; Jul 12, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toccata917
Hi All

Does anyone know how you would figure out which flights have seats available for a Qmiles upgrade (from Econ to Business)? The member services isn't being very helpful, I had booked one flight (with the correct fare class), but then when I tried to do an upgrade with my miles, was told that there were no upgrade seats available for that flight.

So I asked if they can tell me which flights around my travel dates do have seat upgrades available, so I can consider changing my booking, but they just told me that "since redemption seats are limited per flight it is always subject to availability at the time of booking". In other words, there is no way of knowing until after you booked?

Thought I'd try my luck in case anyone here knows a better way, thanks!
You can check on website redemption availabilites. If you see a qmiles X2, then there is no availablity.
The agents on the phone are able to see availablity also, so if they told you there is not, then that's it.
If you are PC Gold or Platinum they can open some space for you.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:43 pm

toccata917 welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

One way to get an indication is to start a dummy booking using the booking engine on the QR website. On the second page top right is a "Book using Qmiles" button". Set this to On and login to PC. you will then see reward flight availability. If it does not say X2 then it is an indication that upgrades are available.

It is not 100% correct but it gives you an idea of what may be available.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:47 pm

toccata917 welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

One way to get an indication is to start a dummy booking using the booking engine on the QR website. On the second page top right is a "Book using Qmiles" button". Set this to On and login to PC. you will then see reward flight availability. If it does not say X2 then it is an indication that upgrades are available.

It is not 100% correct but it gives you an idea of what may be available.
Great, thanks for the advice, i'll give it a go!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_
You can check on website redemption availabilites. If you see a qmiles X2, then there is no availablity.
The agents on the phone are able to see availablity also, so if they told you there is not, then that's it.
If you are PC Gold or Platinum they can open some space for you.
Thanks as well, I'll give it a go with the qmiles x2. They did mention there's no upgrades for my flight, but what I found odd was they couldn't/wouldn't tell me if there are upgrades on other flight dates/times unless I made a booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.