Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
jacobprince you give neither aircraft type or routing, both of which could be the key to the change.
Taking a guess I think you are on a LATAM 1350 MUC-DOH. These aircraft are very new to the route having been leased from LATAM and the standard blocking of bulkhead/Bassinet seats was not made from the start. Thus you were able to reserve them until QR discovered the mistake and moved you to a different seat. But if ou are very near the front of the queue when check-in opens you may still be able to get your original seat if they are not being used as bassinet seats. (Remember the airport check-in can override your OLCI.)
Other reasons could be the seat is broken or that the seats are required for VIPs, etc.
Sorry remdk for missing that key info. It is in fact CPT-DOH on a 787?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jacobprince
Sorry remdk for missing that key info. It is in fact CPT-DOH on a 787?
jacobprince no problem with that. It is not everyday that it really matters. So I will revise my comments and say that the most likely reason is a broken seat.

I would suggest you try to move seats because row 25 appears to ave toilets just behind it. You will find that the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html thread has useful hints about B788 Y seats on QR.
Also bare in mind that 2 of every group of three seats have large IFE boxes filling your legroom.

You can still change your seat to any unoccupied seat. This can still be done using OLCI or at airport check-in.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:58 pm
soy

Programs: various
I have 2 long layovers in DOH coming up.
Outbound, layover of 12hrs, arriving 3am, leaving 3pm.
Inbound, I have 7hrs, arriving 11.30pm leaving 7am.

Flying biz and ideally will be mostly sleeping on the flights to DOH, due to departure times at originating airports.

For the outbound, I am thinking 12hrs gives me enough time to do the Doha tour.

For the inbound I am thinking I just have to suck up 5'ish hours in the lounge. Is there anything better to do? Its the worst layover, not long enough to leave the airport (at least not at this hour of the night), too long to be at the airport.

all advice welcome
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by soy
I have 2 long layovers in DOH coming up.
Outbound, layover of 12hrs, arriving 3am, leaving 3pm.
Inbound, I have 7hrs, arriving 11.30pm leaving 7am.

Flying biz and ideally will be mostly sleeping on the flights to DOH, due to departure times at originating airports.

For the outbound, I am thinking 12hrs gives me enough time to do the Doha tour.

For the inbound I am thinking I just have to suck up 5'ish hours in the lounge. Is there anything better to do? Its the worst layover, not long enough to leave the airport (at least not at this hour of the night), too long to be at the airport.

all advice welcome
soy look at the 'About DOH airport' widget on the dashboard http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html. This contains much transfer information. Specially look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...tions-doh.html.
Most of the information you are looking for is there.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:05 am

jacobprince no problem with that. It is not everyday that it really matters. So I will revise my comments and say that the most likely reason is a broken seat.

I would suggest you try to move seats because row 25 appears to ave toilets just behind it. You will find that the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html thread has useful hints about B788 Y seats on QR.
Also bare in mind that 2 of every group of three seats have large IFE boxes filling your legroom.

You can still change your seat to any unoccupied seat. This can still be done using OLCI or at airport check-in.
Thanks remdk, very helpful advice! The flight is now fully occupied but I will arrive early to the airport and request an exit row or other seat.

I'm afraid I have another question as something a bit weird has happened... When I checked in for my flight I was only able to check in for the CPT-DOH leg of the journey. I assumed this was because the second DOH-EDI leg of the journey was still outwith the 72 hours check in time. It is now less than 48 hours until that flight and I am still not able to check in for that leg... Every time I go on the check in portal it shows me as checked in for the CPT-DOH leg with my seat number, the DOH-EDI leg is left blank and when I click on print boarding pass it also only has one pass for the CPT-DOH leg. Anyone got any idea whats going on? I see there is an option to cancel check in, should I do this in order to start over the check in process for both flights?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by jacobprince
Thanks remdk, very helpful advice! The flight is now fully occupied but I will arrive early to the airport and request an exit row or other seat.

I'm afraid I have another question as something a bit weird has happened... When I checked in for my flight I was only able to check in for the CPT-DOH leg of the journey. I assumed this was because the second DOH-EDI leg of the journey was still outwith the 72 hours check in time. It is now less than 48 hours until that flight and I am still not able to check in for that leg... Every time I go on the check in portal it shows me as checked in for the CPT-DOH leg with my seat number, the DOH-EDI leg is left blank and when I click on print boarding pass it also only has one pass for the CPT-DOH leg. Anyone got any idea whats going on? I see there is an option to cancel check in, should I do this in order to start over the check in process for both flights?
jacobprince you need to do nothing but try check-in for the EDI flight again. Do not cancel your check-in!
The most probable reason is a change of aircraft type on the DOH-EDI flight.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:52 am

jacobprince you need to do nothing but try check-in for the EDI flight again. Do not cancel your check-in!
The most probable reason is a change of aircraft type on the DOH-EDI flight.
Okay thanks remdk, very helpful again! I'll just keep trying to check in and if not will be able to check in at the airport ^
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Ben_W
Apologies if this has been asked before or I am in the wrong section but what is the approximate time to transfer points from SPG to QMiles?

I did a transfer 4 weeks ago now and the miles have still not been credited yet. I read somewhere that it could take around 3 weeks to transfer so is it too soon to esquire where they have gone?

I just hope the upgrade I want to use the miles for is still available whenever they finally transfer!
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:48 am

Ben_W a quick search of the forum reveals http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15079581-post2.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23737235-post8.html.

So you need to contact QR/SPG!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:35 am
twr

twr You need to supply your BAEC membership number on the reservation.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-dk..._club_currency states quite clearly that 'Avios is the reward currency of the Club'.
Avios is a currency not an FFP and thus has no place on your reservation.
I have no idea as to what this Avios number is but it has no place in your reservation.
thanks , so excuse my stupidity,, to confirm then instead of inserting my PC number rather instert my BA executive club number and then convert those to AVIOS, is it easy to convert from BA to AVIOS?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by twr
thanks , so excuse my stupidity,, to confirm then instead of inserting my PC number rather instert my BA executive club number and then convert those to AVIOS, is it easy to convert from BA to AVIOS?
twr as I said in my previous post 'Avios is the reward currency of the Club'. That means that the 'miles' are in fact avios. To see how many avios you need you must look at the calculator on the BAEC website. Here select QR as partner airline and then enter origin and destination and the required avios will appear. You also need to use the BAEC website to make your reservtions.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:07 pm

Ben_W a quick search of the forum reveals http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15079581-post2.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23737235-post8.html.

So you need to contact QR/SPG!
Thanks. I've contacted SPG and they told me it can take up-to 35-40 working business days. That's a long time!
Its been about five weeks now so I will contact QR.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Is the Al-Maha transit service free for QR Gold?
The PC website says it's complimentary but I can't find anyway of doing a booking on the Al-Maha website without making payment.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by flyyme
Is the Al-Maha transit service free for QR Gold?
The PC website says it's complimentary but I can't find anyway of doing a booking on the Al-Maha website without making payment.
flyyme according to http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...%20glance.page
'7 Member must contact Al Maha Gold Services to book this complimentary service at least 24 hours prior to flight. Click here to contact Al Maha Gold services.'
it cannot be booked online you need to e-mail or phone Al Maha. Details are on https://www.al-mahaservices.com/AlMaha/Help.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: QR Gold
remdk thank you for that. I will email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.