Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:10 am

What is the best seat in first class on qatar?
ASUDan130 THE ONE YOU SIT IN !!
If you do not believe me look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:32 pm

We are flying Business with a 20 hour layover in DOH. We are going to go into town during the layover but we arrive at 6am so we are in no rush. We have a hotel reserved in town and are not eligible for 96 hour visa.

Should we go to the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge, wind down, relax, eat if needed then go to town? If we do that, do we still have access to the arrivals lounge and expedited immigration?

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:09 pm

mileshound the answer to all your questions is yes!
Look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...tions-doh.html and especially http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27571240-post18.html for useful hints and advice. Although the second link says 'night tour' most of it applies to you as well.
Remember that Al Mourjan is usually very crowded at that time of day.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Anyone aware of what QR plans for 24 April?

In the Facebook post where they mock UA, they indicate at the very end that
"We have something big to announce ..."
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Anyone aware of what QR plans for 24 April?

In the Facebook post where they mock UA, they indicate at the very end that
"We have something big to announce ..."
Well, when they say something like "will completely revolutionize the whole flying industry", they mean a new seat. Thus "something big" would be equivalent to "basically nothing".
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Maybe they'll get their first A350 with Q Suites. Beyond that I can't think of anything else.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:45 pm

I assume the DOH-DXB flights take the same exact path. So what side of the plane is best view to see the skyline?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:50 pm

ASUDan130 it very much depends upon wind direction, traffic etc. However on average the K seats will probably be best. This assumes that you mean the DXB skyline!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:40 am
twr

It will be my first time flying QR later in the year, would I earn avios points flying QR?
I'm a member of the BA executive club and Avios in south Africa, if I can earn avios would I insert the avios or ba Executive number in the booking?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:29 am

twr to earn Avios you need to supply a membership number of an FFP within Oneworld. These will be credited to your account with that FFP (BAEC).

You can see how many Avios, TPs etc you earn on the BAEC website using the Avios flight calculator https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_dk.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:54 am
twr

Originally Posted by remdk
twr to earn Avios you need to supply a membership number of an FFP within Oneworld. These will be credited to your account with that FFP (BAEC).

You can see how many Avios, TPs etc you earn on the BAEC website using the Avios flight calculator https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_dk.
when you supply the number within oneworld, does that mean I must insert the avios number in the Qatar booking?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:19 am

twr You need to supply your BAEC membership number on the reservation.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-dk..._club_currency states quite clearly that 'Avios is the reward currency of the Club'.
Avios is a currency not an FFP and thus has no place on your reservation.
I have no idea as to what this Avios number is but it has no place in your reservation.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
By a mishap I ended up with duplicate privilege accounts. According to this (http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...ship-accounts-) accounts can and should be merged.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Do I get to choose which account lives on? My older account has a few orphaned miles, while the newer one has status and more miles. If there is any risk they merge into the old one, then I just will accept ignoring the old one and lose those few miles.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:26 pm

I had a seat selected (19K) right up until check in opened. As soon as check in opened (72hrs before departure) I proceeded to check in online. My seat had now been moved to 25A and 19K was not available. I see on expertflyer that 19K (and 19J) have been blocked.

Its no big loss to me, but I am just wondering if anyone knows why this might take place? I'm guessing there was nothing I could've done about it!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by jacobprince
I had a seat selected (19K) right up until check in opened. As soon as check in opened (72hrs before departure) I proceeded to check in online. My seat had now been moved to 25A and 19K was not available. I see on expertflyer that 19K (and 19J) have been blocked.

Its no big loss to me, but I am just wondering if anyone knows why this might take place? I'm guessing there was nothing I could've done about it!
jacobprince you give neither aircraft type or routing, both of which could be the key to the change.
Taking a guess I think you are on a LATAM 1350 MUC-DOH. These aircraft are very new to the route having been leased from LATAM and the standard blocking of bulkhead/Bassinet seats was not made from the start. Thus you were able to reserve them until QR discovered the mistake and moved you to a different seat. But if ou are very near the front of the queue when check-in opens you may still be able to get your original seat if they are not being used as bassinet seats. (Remember the airport check-in can override your OLCI.)
Other reasons could be the seat is broken or that the seats are required for VIPs, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.