Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Question We are in the same boat.

Originally Posted by mrefkyk
Hi all,

I have a question regarding Qmiles and Qpoints posting from partners (RJ in this case).

So I took RJ185 on 10 Sep and RJ184 on 19 Sep. Both were N-class thus based on the earning chart I'll earn 20 Qpoints for each. QP and QM from RJ184 posted 2 days later and as expected, I earned 20 QP (QM doesn't really matter to me as I'm focusing to get PC Gold ).

Then I emailed PC team regarding QP and QM from RJ185. Three days ago both QP and QM were posted but I got less QP — 10 instead of 20. I was surprised at first, but this happened to me before when they posted the wrong booking class on my LA flights. I proceed to check the earning chart and turns out they adjusted the chart and the amount of QP I earned is based on the new chart.

Do you guys think it's possible for me to get 20 QP instead of 10 since this is not my fault? If QP from RJ185 posted 3 days after the flight just like RJ184, I would get 20 instead of 10. Have emailed them again but haven't heard back from them.

Sorry for a lengthy post and thanks in advance!
Same situation here when I flew RJ from BKK to Europe and back, flight dates are 14SEP and 22SEP 2016. Q points for N class on BKK-AMM v.v shall be 20 instead of the new adjusted 10 which I presume to occur around 1st OCT 2016.
Writing to them to adjust the miles and credits for me, let's see.
I'll retain gold regardless of the outcome of this RJ confusion but still I want it correctly (yeah I have a print out of that Q calculator page).

Will let you know soonest!
NETHKT
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:31 am

I have another question that has probably been clarified before, but can't find it.
Expertfyler shows me availability for seats that I would like to select. However, I am unable to select them in my booking on the Qatar Website.

It is a bunch of rows (4) in the front of the aircraft. They don't show as blocked by Airline by Expertflyer.
Anybody knows if /when they will be released later? I am little less than 2 weeks before flight. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:38 am

Spyker the front rows of the Y cabin, upperdeck Y seats on the A380, are usually reserved for status passengers. look at http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...referred-Seats FAQs for more details. They are usually released 72 hours prior to take off.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
Hi,I'm flying QR032 and was wondering if anybody knows what time check in opens in EDI and is fastrack available?Sorry if it's been asked before had a look but couldn't find anything,thanks in advance.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by remdk
zerokei there will be the usual fees, taxes and surcharges but they will be payable to QR not JAL. How much and what they are should be displayed during the booking process.
Thanks again! I now tried to book a domestic Japan award flight with JL on Qatar's homepage but was met by the error message "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request. We regret the inconvenience. Please try again later (QLS-BE16)."

I sent an e-mail to QR but I guess they will ask me to call. Anyone had the same error message when trying to redeem on partner airlines or could you book it online without problems?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:05 am

bhoyinoz Check-in opens 3 hours before departure which is standard for QR.
Fast track is covered in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...urity-edi.html
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
Thanks for the info remdk,pity about the Fastrack but hopefully it won't delay me to much.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Since moving back to the US, I havent been doing any travel with QR. I have a considerable amount(in my eyes) of QR miles expiring this December.

If I fly a domestic flight within the states with AA for example and crediting the flight to my QR account, will that prevent my miles from expiring in December?

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:36 am

tomnativenewyorker unless you are PC Platinum your miles WILL expire in December. But if you use them for future reward flights on AA for up to one year? ahead then they are used and will not expire. Remember that there is a certain latitude in changing reward flights.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by remdk
tomnativenewyorker unless you are PC Platinum your miles WILL expire in December. But if you use them for future reward flights on AA for up to one year?
Actually, trying to book a rewards flight via AA on the QR site is pretty painful. But I guess you are saying if I book a flight now for a flight next year using QR miles, the miles will be deducted before expiration and then have the flexibility to change the awards ticked if needed?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:58 am

tomnativenewyorker If you book reward flights there is a certain leeway for changes to flights. This is also subject to a time limit in that the reward ticket will expire after a period of time (One year?).
I would recommend that you read http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...em_qmiles.page and http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=8&sid=5 to see exactly where you stand.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Qmiles expiry & redemptions

My understanding is that Qmiles expire after three years (unless you pay to extend them). But I'm unclear whether redeemed miles are deducted from the oldest or newest Qmiles. What happens under the following scenario:
A. I earn 50,000 miles, say, in year 1.
B. I earn 50,000 miles in year 2.
C. In year 3 I make a redemption for 50,000 miles. Will these be deducted from A or from B?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:40 am

husseinbadr welcome to the QR forum. Use the dashboard and you will find answers to most of those questions you have yet to ask.

Earning Qmiles is rather like a corn silo, New points go in at the top but are extracted for use from the bottom. So A is the way it works. It is always the FIFO First in First out principle.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Blocked Seats

I have just booked flights LHR-DOH-HKT in J for me and my partner. Due to heavy loads we have been allocated middle seats at rear of cabin on the LHR-DOH leg (B773) and in different rows to one another for the DOH-HKT flight (A332). There are no other seats available for us to move ourselves into. However the front row is blocked on both flights. I appreciate these must be blocked for status passengers but I am OW Emerald (BA Gold) and hoped we would be able to access these seats? I called the UK reservations line and was told these rows could only be accessed by airport staff at check in - is this true? For the DOH-HKT sector Expertflyer is showing 7 remaining seats for sale in J which corresponds to the one empty seat in the cabin and the six blocked seats on the front row. If these 7 seats sell will all but 6 pax be left with unallocated seats until check in or will they get the blocked seats meaning that by the time we check in there will be no chance of getting the front row?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesjebell
I have just booked flights LHR-DOH-HKT in J for me and my partner. Due to heavy loads we have been allocated middle seats at rear of cabin on the LHR-DOH leg (B773) and in different rows to one another for the DOH-HKT flight (A332). There are no other seats available for us to move ourselves into. However the front row is blocked on both flights. I appreciate these must be blocked for status passengers but I am OW Emerald (BA Gold) and hoped we would be able to access these seats? I called the UK reservations line and was told these rows could only be accessed by airport staff at check in - is this true? For the DOH-HKT sector Expertflyer is showing 7 remaining seats for sale in J which corresponds to the one empty seat in the cabin and the six blocked seats on the front row. If these 7 seats sell will all but 6 pax be left with unallocated seats until check in or will they get the blocked seats meaning that by the time we check in there will be no chance of getting the front row?
Yes, bulkheads are typically blocked until airport check-in or sometimes just before (in the 72 hour window prior to the flight they may open some of them up). I would suggest you set an ExpertFlyer alert in case any bulkhead seats are released before airport check-in. Then see what's available at OLCI (48 hours before flight, or 24 hours for US flights). If all else fails, get to the airport early and make your request there. Enjoy your flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.