Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
A319 on DOH-MXP !?

Hold my breath guys, I wanted to book from Doha to Milan but then I realized that the fly with an Airbus 319! That is too crazy for me! Never before have I seen such a small airplane for medium distance! Isn't that crazy uncomfortable to fly six hours in a A319? Do they have some inflight entertainment installed?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
According to theqatarsource they have AVOD and a 33"/60" pitch.
The route is too thin to fill a A330.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
A319 or A330 with Sri Lanka Air ???

Originally Posted by intuition
According to theqatarsource they have AVOD and a 33"/60" pitch.
The route is too thin to fill a A330.

Thank you for this link. I am not so convinced and I think it is very crazy from this airline. Do you guys think it is comfortable to fly in such a plane (mind also the seatings, three in a row!) or may I be better with the Sri Lanka Airline (but what about safety)?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by peterdudas
You should ask whether it's worth to avoid the general transit terminal. The answer can very well be yes!
Well, that's what I was thinking. No-one likes to waste miles, but paying a few thousand extra Avios to avoid general transit does seem pretty appealing...

But apart from the joke, can't you book thruin J and get the next available cabin (intra-GCC F) which is practically J? I mean it's the same A320/1s that fly to most of Europe - selling Y and J.
Is this Avios redemption restriction?
Avios redemptions are priced by individual sectors, so the class I would book the first sector (MUC - DOH) would have zero effect on any connection onward from DOH, the connection is priced in Avios based on distance just like any other single redemption.

Many (most?) OW airlines have some kind of incoming l/h lounge access rule (e.g. fly TATL to LHR with BA or AA in J or F, and even if you are connecting onwards to Europe in Y you still get lounge access at LHR based on class of incoming flight). I gather QR/DOH don't do this. I wonder if this might change once they join OW?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Thank you for this link. I am not so convinced and I think it is very crazy from this airline. Do you guys think it is comfortable to fly in such a plane (mind also the seatings, three in a row!) or may I be better with the Sri Lanka Airline (but what about safety)?
SriLankan Airlines don't fly from Doha to Milan.

A319 is just as comfortable in Y as 787. I would select an aisle seat.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Many (most?) OW airlines have some kind of incoming l/h lounge access rule (e.g. fly TATL to LHR with BA or AA in J or F, and even if you are connecting onwards to Europe in Y you still get lounge access at LHR based on class of incoming flight). I gather QR/DOH don't do this. I wonder if this might change once they join OW?
Don't if this is quite what you mean but QR offer an arrivals lounge for their Premium passengers in the arrivals terminal at DOH. Otherwise I suspect any likely new offerings will occur when the new airport opens; this year, next year, 2022 for the World cup... Who knows?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by impeymac
Don't if this is quite what you mean but QR offer an arrivals lounge for their Premium passengers in the arrivals terminal at DOH. Otherwise I suspect any likely new offerings will occur when the new airport opens; this year, next year, 2022 for the World cup... Who knows?
I meant for pax in transit - i.e. arrive in DOH on a business class ticket, departing (s/h) on an economy ticket, doesn't get you the "premium" experience.

At LHR, arriving on a business class ticket (e.g. TATL) and departing in economy (e.g. s/h to Europe or indeed a domestic connection in the UK) still gets you into the business-class lounges based on your incoming flight.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I would like to think that once they join OW you should have access to the premium lounge based on your OW Emerald status, regardless of class of travel. That is pretty much SOP among OW members.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili
I would like to think that once they join OW you should have access to the premium lounge based on your OW Emerald status, regardless of class of travel. That is pretty much SOP among OW members.
DOH does seem to have a unique set-up in that the premium experience isn't just a lounge but an entire terminal... (!)

Do QR status pax get to use the premium terminal even if they are flying economy?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
DOH does seem to have a unique set-up in that the premium experience isn't just a lounge but an entire terminal... (!)

Do QR status pax get to use the premium terminal even if they are flying economy?
No and I personally don't think anyone at QR is willing to spend a minute to work out perks like this. The NDIA is due to open in, khm, *any moment from now*, investing further in the old airport is not something they want to do.
It would not be too difficult to organize - me reckons. We have to keep in mind thought that there's no transfers between the terminals. Not sure if that would be an issue for many..?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta, United, BA
Smile Oneworld integration related question

I am travelling to Kuala Lumpur in November. This is after the official join date of 30th October.

Given that this is a newbie, flame free area, let me ask a potentially dumb question. If I *book* on Qatar Airways prior to the 30th of October, will it affect what miles I can redeem on other One World airlines?

Also, I am getting stung more and more often by Airline Alliance partners who refuse to credit miles for certain fare classes. What would a "safe" economy booking class be on QR that would stand a higher-than-usual chance of getting credited on Malaysia Airlines (where I am storing up miles).

Thank you
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I dont think the Earn Fares or the Earn rates (nor the burn rates) have been published yet. There's further announcements planned for the 4th Oct - may be then ?

QR have recently re-aligned their booking classes to line up with the OW norm - this could mean, that what earns elsewhere (other OW partners), will also apply to the QR fare buckets. Standby for the 4th.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
Free Meal in Doha Airport?

We recently flew from the US to Kathmandu with a stopover in Doha with a 7 hour layover on the way here. We elected to stay in the terminal and not pay to enter to Oryx lounge, as we were mostly hungry not tired. The one food option (sandwich/bakery) unfortunately doesn't work for most in our party because of food allergies.

Here in Kathmandu another traveler mentioned that it was possible to get a free meal "upstairs" at the airport, but didn't give any more details. Is this true, and if so, how and where is this available?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Crediting QR to BA

So I am flying QR from the US to asia in December and would like to credit my miles to my BAEC account. But when I log into manage bookings on the QR website I cant find anywhere to add my FF number. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by chemboy; Sep 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by chemboy
So I am flying QR from the US to asia in December and would like to credit my miles to my BAEC account. But when I log into manage bookings on the QR website I cant find anywhere to add my FF number. Am I missing something here?
You may need to wait until after 30 October when QR officially becomes a member of OW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.